• Sept. 27: SPARK!, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., at Berkshire Lake House Cottages, Lanesborough.
• Sept. 26: Entrepreneurial Meetup, 8-10 a.m., at Fuel, Great Barrington. 1Berkshire’s Entrepreneurial Meetups are free events that gather entrepreneurs together to network, learn, and engage. They provide small-business owners, or people interested in starting a business, opportunities to have casual, organic conversations with peers and resource providers. Register online at www.1berkshire.com.
FRANKLIN COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 22: Franklin County Chamber of Commerce Breakfast, 7:30-9 a.m., hosted by Franklin County Tech School. Register at www.franklincc.org.
• Sept. 27: “Start Your Own Business,” 8:30-11:30 a.m., hosted by Franklin County Chamber of Commerce, 395 Main St., Greenfield. Starting a small business requires more knowledge, skills, perseverance, and planning than meets the eye. This three-hour workshop will help you understand the details, challenges, opportunities, and rewards of owning and operating your own business through the real-life experiences of several highly successful entrepreneurs. This course is a suggested prerequisite for our Business Planning workshop. Cost: $25. Register at www.franklincc.org.
GREATER CHICOPEE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 20: Salute Breakfast with state Sen. Eric Lesser and Sandra Sheehan of PVTA, 7:15 to 9 a.m., at the MassMutual Learning and Conference Center. Sponsored by King Ward, Chuck’s Auto, and Westfield Bank. Cost: $23 for members, $28 for non-members. Register at chicopeechamber.org/events.
• Sept. 28: Lunch & Learn with John Regan, executive vice president for Government Affairs for Asssociated Industries of Massachusetts, noon to 1:30 p.m., hosted by Delaney House, 3 Country Club Road, Holyoke. Cost: $30 for members, $35 for non-members. Register online at www.chicopeechamber.org.
GREATER EASTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Oct. 12: Networking by Night, 5-7 p.m., at Eastworks, 116 Pleasant St., Easthampton. Sponsored by Easthampton Travel. For more information, visit www.easthamptonchamber.org, or call the chamber at (413) 527-9414.
GREATER HOLYOKE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 22: Women and the Art of Risk, 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., at the Log Cabin Banquet & Meeting House, 500 Easthampton Road, Holyoke. Join us for a women’s leadership event featuring workshops, discussions, and career-development opportunities, all led by distinguished women from the Pioneer Valley. Hear personal and professional stories of how taking calculated risks led these women to new adventures and made them stronger leaders. Price includes a light breakfast, lunch, and afternoon tea/coffee and dessert. Cost: $119, or $750 for a table of eight.
n Sept. 22: Leadership Holyoke, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., at Holyoke Community College. This leadership series includes HCC faculty members participating as instructors and facilitators while various community leaders participate as speakers. Sites will include the Massachusetts Green High Performance Computing Center and Heritage State Park. Sponsored by PeoplesBank in partnership with Holyoke Community College and the Greater Holyoke Chamber of Commerce.
GREATER NORTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 19: “How to Do Business with Different Generations,” 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., presented by SCORE of Western Mass., hosted by TD Bank, 175 Main St., Northampton. Cost: $5. Space is limited, and RSVP is required. To register, visit westernmassachusetts.score.org/content/take-workshop-38.
• Sept. 22: “Introduction to Mail Chimp,” 9-11 a.m., presented by Pioneer Training. MailChimp is a free e-mail marketing application similar to Constant Contact. This workshop will cover the basics of creating an e-mail campaign and tracking your results. You’ll learn how to set up an account, how to add lists of subscribers, how to create a signup form so visitors to your website can sign up to be added to your lists, and much more. Cost: $25 for members, $35 for non-members. Space is limited, and pre-registration is required. To register, visit goo.gl/forms/My7lF9Xk1aB7xg0Q2.
• Oct. 4: October Arrive @ 5 and Chamber Open House, 5-7 p.m., at the Northampton Chamber of Commerce, 99 Pleasant St. Cost: $10 for members. Sponsors: Clinical & Support Options, Florence Bank, Innovative Business Systems, and Pioneer Training.
n Oct. 24: Start Your Business, 9 a.m. to noon, at TD Bank, 175 Main St., Northampton. Presented by SCORE of Western MA. This three-hour workshop will help you clearly understand the details, challenges, opportunities, and rewards of owning and operating your own business. This workshop is a suggested prerequisite to our Business Planning Workshop. Cost: $25. RSVP, as space is limited. To register online, visit westernmassachusetts.score.org/content/take-workshop-38.
GREATER WESTFIELD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 18: Chamber Workshop: “Go Mobile!” 8:30-10 a.m. hosted by Holiday Inn Express, 39 Southampton Road, Westfield. Join Kurt Lumpp of Russell Cellular for this informational workshop and maximize the use of your cell phone. Cost: free for members, $30 for non-members (cash or credit card). Contact Pam at the chamber office at (413) 568-1618 or email@example.com for more information or to register.
SPRINGFIELD REGIONAL CHAMBER
• Sept. 19: C-Suite Conversations and Cocktails, 5-7 p.m., at CityStage, 150 Bridge St., Springfield. Cost: $25 in advance, $30 at the door. Exclusive event for SRC members only.
• Oct. 4: Business@Breakfast, 7:15-9 a.m., Crestview Country Club, 281 Shoemaker Lane, Agawam. Sponsored by United Personnel Services. Joshua Weiss, co-founder of the Global Negotiation Initiative at Harvard University and program director of Bay Path University’s master of science program in Leadership and Negotiation, will keynote the event, with a focus on “The Negotiator in You.” Attendees will learn how to negotiate with confidence and calm for successful results. The chamber will also recognize Anthony Hayes as the new general manager for WGBY and Tim Kennedy as the new president of MassLive Media. Cost: $25 for Springfield Regional Chamber members in advance ($30 at the door), $35 for general admission in advance ($40 at the door). Register online at www.springfieldregionalchamber.com or by e-mailing Jessica Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, contact Hill at (413) 755-1310 for information on sponsorship opportunities.
WEST OF THE RIVER CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 21: Networking Lunch, noon to 1:30 p.m., hosted by Carrabba’s Italian Grill, West Springfield. Only members and guests of members may attend. Enjoy a sit-down lunch while networking with fellow chamber members. Each attendee will get a chance to offer a brief sales pitch. The only cost to attend is the cost of your lunch. Attendees will order off the menu and pay separately that day. We cannot invoice you for these events. Register online at email@example.com.
YOUNG PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY OF GREATER SPRINGFIELD
• Sept. 21: YPS Presents: Vote The Valley, 5:30-7:30 p.m., hosted by Sheraton Hotel, One Monarch Place. This event will bring together local elected officials and candidates for elected office in a business-networking environment. Join us to connect and engage with policymakers while learning more about your voting rights. Register at www.springfieldyps.com.