SPRINGFIELD — Valley Venture Mentors announced that it has graduated 14 startups from its inaugural Collegiate Accelerator Program.
After nine weeks of intensive training, $20,000 in cash prizes were distributed to the entrepreneurs by accredited investors. Additionally, a $5,000 award was given to the startup that showed the most grit.
Here is a rundown of the teams and the prize distribution:
- The Travel Unicorn, the LGBTQ+ travel guide that works to connect travelers to safe destinations based on their recommendations: $6,000, plus the $5,000 Grit Award for outstanding work and commitment;
- lymph + honey, which provides access to healthful, wholesome, and sustainable natural hair and body care products, no matter who or where you are: $6,000;
- Vidvision, which helps marketers convert their video viewers into customers: $2,700;
- Zirui, offering innovative and stylish solutions for traveling with beauty and care products: $2,700;
- Mt. Mitho, bringing flavors from the highest peak on Earth: $1,350;
- redflowers, an online, media platform that fosters community and dismantles societal stereotypes surrounding black identities and black women: $700;
- STEAMporio, training the makers of tomorrow by creating a passion for learning: $700;
- Boman, where a shipping container + agricultural system equals a turn-key platform for growing any crop, anytime, anywhere. Safely;
- El Cherufe Chile Paste, an artisanal chile paste that offers a new flavor experience to lovers of spicy heat;
- INDI10.com,where you bid to wear it first;
- Lighthouse, a guiding light to help students with projects, no matter the size!
- Shesabelle Chandeliears, helping those with limited earring options experience the full range of expression earrings have to offer;
- Studio 26, a promotional service that provides underground musicians in Massachusetts with tools and resources to help them expand/build their brand; and
- The Black Enterprise Business Resource Center, which cultivates the empowerment, and collaboration of black entrepreneurs in the Western Mass. area through quality business education and business services.