Healthcare Heroes Nomination Information & Criteria
Healthcare Heroes 2020 to Honor the Heroes of COVID-19
Since the phrase COVID-19 came into our lexicon, those working in the broad healthcare field have emerged as the true heroes during a pandemic that has changed every facet of life as we know it. And over the past several months, the world has paid tribute to these heroes, and in all kinds of ways — from applauding in unison from apartment-complex windows to bringing hot meals to hospital and nursing-home workers; from staging parades in front of these institutions to donating much-needed personal protective equipment (PPE).
BusinessWest and its sister publication, the Healthcare News, will pay tribute in their own way, by dedicating our annual Healthcare Heroes program in 2020 to those who are have emerged as true heroes during this crisis. We invite you to nominate one, or several, for what has become a very prestigious honor in Western Mass. — the Healthcare Heroes award.
Here are some examples of those heroes:
- Doctors and nurses;
- ER nurses, orderlies, techs, triage, reception;
- Police and firefighters;
- Nursing-home staff
- Administrators leading the efforts to battle the pandemic;
- End-of-life care providers;
- Individuals and groups from our community who have stepped up to help healthcare workers with everything from hot meals to PPE;
- Companies that have pivoted and commenced production of materials such as PPE to help those in healthcare confront the pandemic; and
- Scientists working behind the scenes to develop a vaccine or new types of PPE.
These are just a few examples, and there are a myriad of others.
To assist those thinking of nominating someone for this honor, we are simplifying the process. All we desire is a 400-500-word essay, and/or video entry explaining why the group or individual stands out as an inspiration, and a truly bright star in a galaxy of healthcare heroes. These nominations will be carefully considered by a panel of independent judges, who will select the class of 2020.
The judging process will commence July 2020 and be completed by end of July 2020. Nominees cannot serve as awards judges. All eligible nominations received will be judged by a panel of health care industry experts whose evaluations will determine winners of the “Healthcare Heroes” Awards from among the nominees under consideration.
Nominations must be submitted via the designated online form. Mail-in nominations will not be accepted. Nominations may be submitted beginning December 2019 and must be received no later than 5 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on July 17, 2020.
Notification and Recognition
BusinessWest plans to notify the winners of the “Healthcare Heroes” Awards by August, 2020 and will be profiled in the September 28 edition of BusinessWest and October issue of Healthcare News. Winners will be invited to attend the “Healthcare Heroes” Awards gala scheduled for Nov. 18, 2020 at the Sheraton Springfield One Monarch Place Hotel.
- Nominees must work in either Hampden, Hampshire, Franklin, or Berkshire county and organization nominees must have offices in Hampden, Hampshire, Franklin or Berkshire county (may be for-profit or not-for-profit).
- Nominations may be self-nominated or nominated by another person.
- Nominees cannot be a member of the judges’ panel or member of the judges’ immediate family.
If using mobile device to submit nomination, please make sure your phone is in Portrait view mode.
Submitting multiple duplicate nominations does not enhance your chances of winning.