Chamber Corners: Upcoming Events
AFFILIATED CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE OF GREATER SPRINGFIELD
• April 29: ACCGS Beacon Hill Summit 2015, 7 a.m.-7 p.m. at the Massachusetts State House. Hosted by state Sen. James Welch. Day-long opportunity to meet with members of the Baker-Polito administration and the Massachusetts delegation. Reservations are $180 per person and includes continental breakfast, transportation, lunch, reception, and all materials. Reservations may be made online at www.myonlinechamber.com.
• May 6: ACCGS [email protected], 7:15-9 a.m., at the Colony Club, 1500 Main St., Springfield. Speed networking — a fast-paced way to work the room. Sponsored by United Personnel. Reservations are $20 for members (in advance, $25 members at the door), $30 general admission. Reservations may be made online at www.myonlinechamber.com.
• May 13: ACCGS After 5, 5-7 p.m., at the Residence Inn by Marriott, 500 Memorial Ave., Chicopee. Join us for our last After 5 of the season for a tailgate party, featuring food trucks with tailgating cuisine, parking-lot games like cornhole and ladder toss, music, and cash bar. Reservations are $5 for members, $10 for general admission. Reservations may be made online at www.myonlinechamber.com.
• May 14: East of the River Five Town Chamber Feast in the East, 5-7:30 p.m., at Twin Hills Country Club, 700 Wolf Swamp Road, Longmeadow. Enjoy culinary tastings from local restaurants and caterers to benefit the ERC5 Scholarship Fund. Reservations are $25. Reservations may be made online at www.myonlinechamber.com.
• May 19: Professional Women’s Chamber Woman of the Year, 5:30 p.m., at the Carriage House, Storrowton Tavern, 1305 Memorial Ave., West Springfield. Honoring Anne Paradis, chief executive officer, Microtek Inc. Reservations are $55 and may be may be made online at www.myonlinechamber.com.
• May 26: ACCGS Pastries, Politics & Policy, 8-9 a.m., at TD Bank Conference Center, 1441 Main St., Springfield. For political and policy junkies. Reservations are $15 for members, $25 general admission, and includes continental breakfast. Reservations may be made online at www.myonlinechamber.com.
AMHERST AREA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• May 6: After 5, 5:30-7:30 p.m., at Bridgeside Grille, 9 Amherst Road, Sunderland. Register online at www.amherstarea.com or call the office at (413) 253-0700. Tickets: $10 for members, $15 for non-members.
• May 27: After 5, 5:30-7:30 p.m., at Florence Savings Bank, 377 Russell St., Hadley. Sponsored solely by Florence Saving Bank. Register online at www.amherstarea.com or call the office at (413) 253-0700. Tickets are $10 members, $15 for non-members.
• June 18-21: Taste of Amherst, on the Amherst Common. Featuring 22 individual restaurants on the common for a weekend of fun, food tasting, food demos, live music, kids’ area, zoo, and much more. Hours: June 18-19, 5-9 p.m.; June 20, noon-10 p.m.; June 21, noon-4 p.m. All food is under $5 per item. No entry fee.
• June 23: After 5, 5:30-7:30 p.m., at J.F. Conlon , 29 University Dr., Amherst. Sponsored in part by J.F.Conlon & Associates. Register online at www.amherstarea.com or call the chamber office at (413) 253-0700. Tickets: $10 per member, $15 per non- member.
GREATER CHICOPEE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• May 15: Lunch & Learn, 11:45 a.m.-1 p.m., at the Hampton Inn, 600 Memorial Dr., Chicopee. “ACA Compliance: Employer Requirements and Management Tools.” Learn about a solid, user-friendly road map for understanding compliance issues. Tickets: $15 for members, $23 for non-members.
• May 20: Business After Hours, 5-7 p.m., at Renaissance Manor on Cabot, 279 Cabot St., Holyoke. Tickets: $10 for members, $15 for non-members.
• May 21: Golf Tournament at Chicopee Country Club; 10 a.m. shotgun start. Registration: $125 per golfer.
• May 27: Salute Breakfast, 7:15-9 a.m., at Elms College. Tickets: $23 for members, $28 for non-members.
• June 13: 5K Road Race/2-mile Walk. Begins and ends at Portuguese Club, 149 Exchange St., Chicopee. Registration: $25 per person; $15 for children 12 and under. Registration begins at 7:45 a.m. Fee includes T-shirt and free lunch provided by the Munich Haus.
• June 18: Mornings with the Mayor, 8-9 a.m., at the Willimansett Center West, 546 Chicopee St., Chicopee. Free for chamber members.
• June 24: Business After Hours, 5-7 p.m., at Wireless Zone, 601E Memorial Dr., Chicopee. Tickets: $10 for members, $15 for non-members.
GREATER EASTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• May 11: Monday Morning with the Mayor. “Getting Down to Business About Business: Casual Conversation with Mayor Cadieux,” 8-9 a.m., at Easthampton Savings Bank, 36 Main St., Easthampton. Free and open to the public.
GREATER HOLYOKE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• May 15: Chamber After Hours, 5-7 p.m. Sponsored and hosted by Pic’s Place, 910 Hampden St., Holyoke. Tickets: $10 for members, $15 for the public. Call the chamber at (413) 534-3376 or sign up online at holyokechamber.com.
• May 18: Annual Chamber Cup 2015 Golf Tournament Celebrating the chamber’s 125th Anniversary, at Wyckoff Country Club, 233 Easthampton Road, Holyoke. Registration and lunch at 10:30 a.m.; tee off at noon (scramble format); dinner following game with elaborate food stations catered by the Log Cabin.
Cost: $125 per player includes lunch, 18 holes of golf, cart, and dinner. Dinner only-$25. Awards, raffles, and cash prizes follow dinner. Tournament sponsors: Log Cabin and PeoplesBank. Corporate sponsors: Dowd Insurance, Goss & McLain Insurance Agency, Holyoke Gas & Electric, Mountain View Landscapes, Holyoke Medical Center, People’s United Bank, the Republican, and Resnic, Beauregard, Waite & Driscoll. For reservations, call the chamber Office at (413) 534-3376 or register online at holyokechamber.com.
• May 21: Chamber Business Connections, 5-7 p.m., in the Atrium in the PeoplesBank building, 330 Whitney Ave. Sponsored and hosted by PeoplesBank. Join your friends and colleagues for this fun and casual evening of networking. Refreshments, door prizes, and 50/50 raffle. Cost: $19 for chamber members, $15 for non-members.
• June 19: 125th Anniversary Gala Ball, starting at 6 p.m., at the Log Cabin, 500 Easthampton Road, Holyoke. Cocktails at 6, dinner at 7. Enjoy an elegant meal and dance to the music of the Floyd Patterson Band. Join Marcotte Ford as one of the major event sponsors by calling (413) 534-3376. Event is open to the public. More details to follow.
GREATER NORTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• May 6: May [email protected], 5-7 p.m. Sponsored by Whalen Insurance Agency. For more information or to register, call the chamber at (413) 584-1900.
• July 1: July Arrive @ 5, 5-7 p.m. Sponsored by Pioneer Landscapes and Easthampton Electrical. For more information or to register, call the chamber at (413) 584-1900.
GREATER WESTFIELD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• April 28: Southwick Home to Business Show. Hosted by Tucker’s Restaurant. For more information, contact Pam at the chamber office at (413) 568-1618.
• May 4: Mayor’s Coffee Hour, 8-9 a.m., at Renaissance Manor, 37 Feeding Hills Road, Westfield. Join us for our monthly coffee hour with Westfield Mayor Dan Knapik. This event is free and open to the public. Call Pam at the chamber office at (413) 568-1618 to register for this event.
• May 13: May After 5 Connection, 5-7 p.m., at Armbrook Village, 551 North Road, Westfield. Sponsored by Greater Springfield Habitat for Humanity and the ReStore. Refreshments will be served. Bring your business cards and make connections. Tickets: $10 for members, $15 for non-members; cash at the door. To register, call Pam at the chamber at (413) 568-1618.
• May 18: 54th Annual Golf Tournament, at Tekoa Country Club, 459 Russell Road, Westfield. Schedule: 10 a.m., registration and lunch; 11 a.m., shotgun start; 4 p.m., cocktail hour; 5 p.m., dinner. Title sponsor: Westfield Gas & Electric. Premium gift sponsor: Westfield Bank. Cart sponsor: Doctor’s Express.
• June 1: Mayor’s Coffee Hour, 8-9 a.m., at Westfield Vocational Technical High School, 33 Smith Ave., Westfield.
Free and open to the public. Register by calling (413) 568-1618.
• June 19: Chamber Breakfast, 7:15-9 a.m., at the Ranch Golf Club, 65 Sunnyside Road, Southwick. Platinum sponsor: Mestek. Golf sponsor: Berkshire Bank. Silver sponsors: First Niagara and Prolamina. Registered attendees of the chamber breakfast can golf at a discounted rate of only $65 at the Ranch following the breakfast. Call Bill Rosenblum, golf pro, to register at (413) 569-9333, ext. 3. Cost for the breakfast: $25 for members, $30 for non-members. For more information on sponsorships, to register, or to donate a raffle prize, call Pam at the chamber at (413) 568-1618.
PROFESSIONAL WOMEN’S CHAMBER
• May 19: Professional Women’s Chamber Woman of the Year, 5:30 p.m., at the Carriage House, Storrowton Tavern, 1305 Memorial Ave., West Springfield. Honoring Anne Paradis, CEO of Microtek Inc. Sponsored by BusinessWest. Reservations are $55 and may be made online at www.myonlinechamber.com.
WEST OF THE RIVER CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• May 6: Wicked Wednesday, 5:30-7:30 p.m., at Northeast IT, 777 Riverdale Road, West Springfield. Free for chamber members, $10 at the door for non-members. Event is open to the public. Wicked Wednesdays are monthly social events, hosted by various businesses and restaurants, that bring members and non-members together to network in a laid-back atmosphere. For more information, contact the chamber office at (413) 426-3880 or e-mail [email protected].
• May 20: Networking Lunch, noon-1:30 p.m., at the Lower Pioneer Valley Educational Collaborative, 174 Brush Hill Ave., West Springfield. Must be a member or guest of a member to attend. Enjoy a sit-down lunch served while networking with fellow chamber members. Each attendee will get a chance to offer a brief sales pitch. Cost: $10 at the door, which includes lunch. For more information, contact the chamber office at (413) 426-3880 or e-mail [email protected].