Chamber Corners: Upcoming Events
• Jan. 27: BYP Winter Ball, 7-11 p.m., hosted by Country Club of Pittsfield. Let’s take an evening to dress up and enjoy a ball together. It’s an inexpensive way to enjoy an elegant evening with music, heavy hors d’oeuvres, elegance, and an excuse to dress to the nines — and much more — with friends. Cost: $25 for members, $35 for non-members.
GREATER CHICOPEE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Jan. 23: B2B Roundtable, 8-9 a.m., hosted by Polish National Credit Union, 923 Front St., Chicopee. Sponsored by CHH Engraving Inc. An opportunity to connect and increase your contacts, generate leads, and establish relationships with other businesses. Cost: free to chamber members, but limited to one representative per business industry. Call Sarah Williams at (413) 594-2101, ext. 103, for more information or to sign up.
• Jan. 31: ChamberMaster Training, 9-11 a.m., hosted by Hampton Inn Chicopee, 600 Memorial Dr. This is a brief presentation on how to use ChamberMaster for chamber members. This is a great tool for all chamber members for some free advertising. Cost: free to chamber members. Sign up online at chicopeechamber.org/events.
GREATER EASTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Jan. 18: Celebrate Success Event, 5-8 p.m., hosted by Delaney House, 3 Country Club Road, Holyoke. The evening will celebrate the successes of 2017, share what has been learned along the way, and examine where the chamber is headed in 2018. The event will honor winners of the Business, Business Person, and Innovative Entrepreneur of 2017. In addition, we will reveal winners of the President’s Award and the Ambassador of the Year. We will also celebrate member milestones. For more information, visit www.easthamptonchamber.org, or call the chamber office at (413) 527-9414.
• Feb. 8: Networking by Night, 5-7 p.m., hosted by the Boylston Rooms, 122 Pleasant St., Suite #112, Easthampton. Sponsored by Tanya Costigan Events. This is a great networking opportunity and an opportunity to tour the new Boylston Rooms.
GREATER HOLYOKE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Jan. 10: The Chamber Coffee Buzz Morning Networking, 7:30-9 a.m. Check the chamber website for location. The Coffee Buzz is a great way to jump-start your day with an opportunity to meet business and community leaders while enjoying coffee and a light breakfast. Coffee sponsored by Spradley Deluxe Coffee. Cost: free to the business community. Sign up online at holyokechamber.com or call (413) 534-3376.
• Jan. 17: Chamber After Hours, 5-7 p.m., hosted and Sponsored by Applebee’s, 225 Whiting Farms Road (at intersection of Holyoke Mall). Join us for a casual networking experience. Enjoy complimentary appetizers and drink specials. Cost: $10 for members, $15 for non-members. Sign up online at holyokechamber.com.
• Jan. 24: Candidate & Elected Officials Reception, 5-7 p.m., hosted by Gary Rome Hyundai, 150 Whiting Farms Road, Holyoke. Sponsored by bankESB, Dowd Insurance, the Republican, Marcotte Ford, Comcast Business, Holyoke Medical Center, and Ferriter Law. An enjoyable evening where local and state legislators, administrators, and dignitaries are celebrated. Mingle with this year’s candidates and elected officials in a casual setting. Ticket price includes appetizers, food stations, and drinks. Cost: $40. Sign up online at holyokechamber.com.
GREATER NORTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Jan. 10: January Arrive @5, 5-7 p.m., hosted by Hitchcock Center for the Environment, 845 West St., Amherst. Sponsored by PeoplesBank. A networking event. Cost: $10 for members.
• Feb. 7: February Arrive @5, 5-7 p.m., hosted by Christopher Heights, 50 Village Hill Road, Northampton. A networking event. Cost: $10 for members.
• March 7: March Arrive @5, 5-7 p.m., hosted by 50/50 Fitness, 251 Russell St., Hadley. Sponsored by Applied Mortgage, a division of Merrimack Mortgage Co. A networking event. Cost: $10 for members.
GREATER WESTFIELD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Jan. 8: January Mayor’s Coffee Hour, 8-9 a.m., hosted by Western Massachusetts Hospital, 91 East Mountain Road, Westfield. Join us for our monthly Mayor’s Coffee Hour with Westfield Mayor Brian Sullivan. This event is free and open to the public. Call the chamber office at (413) 568-1618 to register for this event so we may give our host a head count.
• Jan. 10: January After 5 Connection, 5-7 p.m., hosted by Armbrook Village, 551 North Road, Westfield. Refreshments will be served. A 50/50 raffle will benefit the chamber scholarship fund. Bring your business cards and make connections. Cost: free for chamber members, $10 for potential members (cash or credit paid at the door). Online registration will be available at www.westfieldbiz.org. For more information, call Pam at the chamber at (413) 568-1618.
SOUTH HADLEY and GRANBY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Jan. 23: Annual Meeting, 5:30-8:30 p.m., hosted by Willits-Hallowell Center, Mount Holyoke College, 26 Park St., South Hadley. An opportunity for chamber members to socialize with old friends in the business community and make new ones. A cocktail hour will be followed by dinner. The brief meeting will introduce the board of directors, describe the chamber’s various committees and their functions, and open discussion of 2018 calendar/plans/suggestions for the coming year.
SPRINGFIELD REGIONAL CHAMBER
• Jan. 10: Professional Women’s Chamber Luncheon, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., hosted by Carriage House, Storrowton Tavern, 1305 Memorial Ave., West Springfield. Featuring author Dr. Valerie Young on “The Imposter Syndrome.” Sponsored by the Eastern States Exposition. Cost: $35 for members, $40 general admission, $25 for students. To make a reservation, visit www.springfieldregionalchamber.com, e-mail [email protected], or call (413) 755-1310.
• Jan. 11: Lunch ‘n’ Learn, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., hosted by the Colony Club, 1500 Main St., Springfield. Panel discussion, “Workplace Sexual Harassment in the Wake of the Harvey Weinstein Scandal: What Employers Need to Know to Protect Themselves,” presented by Skoler, Abbott & Presser. Cost: $30 for members ($35 at the door), $40 general admission ($45 at the door). To make a reservation, visit www.springfieldregionalchamber.com, e-mail [email protected], or call (413) 755-1310.
• Jan. 23: C-Suite Conversations & Cocktails, 5-7 p.m., hosted by CityStage, One Columbus Center, Springfield. Members-only event. Cost: $25 in advance, $30 at the door. To make a reservation, visit www.springfieldregionalchamber.com, e-mail [email protected], or call (413) 755-1310.
WEST OF THE RIVER CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Jan. 18: Networking Lunch, noon to 1:30 p.m., hosted by Carrabba’s Italian Grill, West Springfield. Only members or guests of members may attend. Enjoy a sit-down lunch while networking with fellow chamber members. Each attendee will get a chance to offer a brief sales pitch. Attendees will order off the menu and pay separately that day. We cannot invoice you for these events. Register online at [email protected]
• Feb. 13: Lunch & Tour at the Bistro LPVEC – West Springfield, noon to 1:30 p.m. Join fellow members and non-members for a networking lunch at the Bistro at Lower Pioneer Valley Educational Collaborative, followed by an informative discussion on the value of gaining skills in the trades industry and how we can promote to fill local jobs. Sponsorships are available for this event. Register online at [email protected]
YOUNG PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY OF GREATER SPRINGFIELD
• Jan. 18: January Third Thursday, 5-7 p.m., hosted by Springfield Country Club, 375 Elm St., West Springfield.