Chamber Corners: Upcoming Events
AMHERST AREA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Aug. 30: Candidate Debate, 7 p.m., hosted by Amherst Regional Middle School auditorium. A pre-primary debate for candidates seeking the Democratic nomination for state representative (Third Hampshire) and state senator (Hampshire, Franklin, Worcester).
GREATER CHICOPEE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 6: CEO Luncheon, 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m., hosted by Collegian Court, 89 Park St., Chicopee. A quarterly luncheon series where CEOs tell of how they rose to their positions. September’s luncheon will feature Jim Goodwin of CHD. Series sponsored by Polish National Credit Union. Cost: $30 for members, $35 for non-members. Sign up online at www.chicopeechamber.org/events or call (413) 594-2101.
• Sept. 13: Business After Hours, 4:30-6:30 p.m., hosted by Red Fez, 70 Exchange St., Chicopee. Series presented by Polish National Credit Union Cost: $10 for members, $15 for non-members. Sign up online at www.chicopeechamber.org/events or call (413) 594-2101.
• Sept. 19: Salute Breakfast, 7:15-9 a.m., hosted by Tru By Hilton, 440 Memorial Dr., Chicopee. Chief greeter: Tony Cignoli. Keynote speaker: state Rep. Joseph Wagner. Series sponsored by United Personnel, Westfield Bank, Holyoke Medical Center, Polish National Credit Union, Gaudreau Group, Spherion Staffing Services, PeoplesBank, and Interstate Towing Inc. Cost: $23 for members, $28 for non-members. Sign up online at www.chicopeechamber.org/events or call (413) 594-2101.
• Sept. 28: Chamber Seminar: “Authenticity in Leadership,” 9-11 a.m., hosted by Residence Inn, 500 Memorial Dr., Chicopee. Presenter: Lora Wondolowski of Leadership Pioneer Valley. Presented by Westfield Bank. Cost: $15 for members, $20 for non-members. Sign up online at www.chicopeechamber.org/events or call (413) 594-2101.
GREATER EASTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 13: Networking by Night, 5-7 p.m., hosted by Northampton Country Club, 135 Main St., Leeds. Sponsored by Tunnel 7 and Fran’s Fine Editing. Food and door prizes will be available, as well as a cash bar. Cost: $10 for members, $15 for non-members. Pre-registration is suggested. For more information and to register, visit www.easthamptonchamber.org or call the chamber at (413) 527-9414.
• Sept. 23: Breakfast, 7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m., hosted by Springfield Country Club, 1375 Elm St., West Springfield. The Greater Easthampton Chamber of Commerce joins with other area chambers to provide information concerning the nursing ballot initiative. There will be a continental breakfast and networking beginning at 7:30 a.m., folllowed by a panel discussion beginning at 8 a.m. For more information and to register, visit www.easthamptonchamber.org or call the chamber at (413) 527-9414.
• Sept. 28: Women & the Art of Risk, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., hosted by the Log Cabin Banquet & Meeting House, 500 Easthampton Road, Holyoke. A women’s leadership event featuring workshops, discussions, and career-development opportunities, all led by distinguished women from the Pioneer Valley. Hear personal and professional stories of how taking calculated risks led these women to new adventures and made them stronger leaders. The keynote speaker is Dr. Valerie Young, an internationally recognized expert on impostor syndrome. Cost: $119, or $875 for a table of 10. Pre-registration is a must. For more information, a schedule of the day’s events, and to register, visit www.easthamptonchamber.org or call the chamber at (413) 527-9414.
FRANKLIN COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 28: Monthly Breakfast Series, 7:30-9 a.m., hosted by Franklin County Technical High School, 82 Industrial Blvd., Turners Falls. Full breakfast will be served during the program, which will feature the kickoff of the United Way of Franklin County’s fundraising campaign. Register at franklincc.org or e-mail [email protected]
PROFESSIONAL WOMEN’S CHAMBER
• Sept. 13: Professional Women’s Chamber Season Kickoff Luncheon, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., hosted by the Munich Haus, 13 Center St., Chicopee. Sponsors: BusinessWest and HCN. Lisa Mullins, host of WBUR’s All Things Considered, will headline the luncheon. Cost: $35 for members, $40 for non-members, $99 for luncheon season pass. Registration will be available soon on the PWC website at www.professionalwomenschamber.com.
SOUTH HADLEY & GRANBY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 13: Lunch & Learn: “Marketing Your Small Business,” noon to 1:30 p.m., hosted by Yarde Tavern, 3 Hadley St., South Hadley. Ryan Mahoney, an account manager at Hibu, will facilitate this discussion about how best to promote your business with the resources you have, whether you are a one-person business or someone who works at a much larger company. We will order individually off the Yarde Tavern menu at noon, and plan to start the discussion about 12:15 p.m. Cost: $10 for members, $15 for non-members. To register, visit www.shgchamber.com and go to this event on the calendar.
WEST OF THE RIVER CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 18: September Legislative Breakfast, 7-9 a.m., hosted by Chez Josef, 176 Shoemaker Lane, Agawam. Join us as we listen to an informative panel discussion with our elected officials. State senators, state representatives, and local mayors will update guests on all things politics. The presenting sponsor is Horizon Services; premier sponsors include the Insurance Center of New England, Health New England, Polish National Credit Union, and Republic Services; and preferred sponsors include Reliable Temps, Spherion Staffing, Westfield Bank, and Partners Restaurant & Catering. Register online at www.westoftheriverchamber.com.
YPS OF GREATER SPRINGFIELD
• Sept. 13: Vote the Valley: The New Springfield, 5-7 p.m., hosted by Mahogany Room at Symphony Hall, 34 Court St., Springfield. Join us for an in-depth update from Springfield Mayor Domenic Sarno on the current state of Springfield. We will highlight the advances and opportunities for young professionals in the area and those who work with them. For sponsorship and partnership opportunities, e-mail Ashley at [email protected]