Chamber Corners: Upcoming Events
FRANKLIN COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 17: Business After Hours at the United Way of Franklin County’s Taste & Toast ’Round the County, 5-8 p.m., hosted by Franklin County Fairgrounds. Join us at the historic Round House at the Franklin County Fairgrounds for the United Way of Franklin County’s Taste & Toast tournament. Mixologists are invited to face off for the chance to be named the ultimate in crafting cocktails. Register at (413) 772-2168 or uw-fc.org.
• Sept. 27: Monthly Breakfast and United Way Kickoff, 7:30-9 a.m., hosted by Franklin County Technical High School, 82 Industrial Blvd., Turners Falls. The United Way of Franklin County is kicking off its 2019 campaign. Learn about the upcoming campaign and how you can participate. Sponsored by Melanson Heath. Cost: $15 for members, $20 general admission. Register at [email protected] or franklincc.org.
GREATER CHICOPEE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 12: Business After Hours, 4:30-6:30 p.m.. hosted by the Red Fez. Sponsored by Polish National Credit Union. Networking fun at a Chicopee staple, featuring a full Portuguese buffet and cash bar. Space is limited for this annual event. Cost: $10 for members, $15 for non-members. Register at www.chicopeechamber.org/events.
• Sept. 18: Salute Breakfast: “Maintaining the Work-Life Balance,” 7:15-9 a.m., hosted by MassMutual Learning and Conference Center, Chicopee. Sponsored by Westfield Bank, Holyoke Medical Center, N. Riley Construction Inc., Polish National Credit Union, USI Insurance Services, Spherion Staffing Services, and PeoplesBank. Featuring state Rep. Aaron Vega (chief greeter) and Kathy Anderson of Holyoke Medical Center (keynote speaker). An interactive opportunity for small businesses and startups to learn how to tap into state and local support. Cost: $23 for members, $28 for non-members. Register at www.chicopeechamber.org/events.
GREATER EASTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 12: Networking by Night, 5-7 p.m., hosted by Nini’s Ristorante, 124 Cottage St., Easthampton. Sponsored by Polish National Credit Union. The event will include food provided by Nini’s, a cash bar, and business-to-business relationship building. This event is free to members and their employees; however, pre-registration is required. Non-members are invited for $20. For more information and to register, visit www.easthamptonchamber.org or call the chamber at (413) 527-9414.
• Sept. 27: “Women and the Art of Risk,” 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., hosted by the Log Cabin, 500 Easthampton Road, Holyoke. This year’s women’s leadership event will feature workshops, discussions, and career-development opportunities, all led by distinguished women from the Pioneer Valley. Hear personal and professional stories of how taking calculated risks led these women to new adventures and made them stronger leaders. Keynote speaker: Jody Kasper, chief of Police, city of Northampton. Cost: $119, which includes breakfast and lunch. A table of 10 may be purchased for $875. Pre-registration is required. No tickets will be sold at the door. For more information and to register, visit www.easthamptonchamber.org or call the chamber at (413) 527-9414.
GREATER NORTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 11: September [email protected], 5-7 p.m., hosted by Northampton Survival Center, 265 Prospect St., Northampton. Sponsored by Gove Law Office, LLC, and New England Public Radio. Cost: $10 for members. For more information and to register, visit northamptonchamber.com.
• Oct. 2: October [email protected], 5-8 p.m., hosted by Northampton Chamber of Commerce, 99 Pleasant St., Northampton. Sponsored by Florence Bank, Copy Cat, and Pioneer Training. Cost: $10 for members. For more information and to register, visit northamptonchamber.com.
GREATER WESTFIELD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 9: Mayor’s Coffee Hour, 8-9 a.m., hosted by the Arbors, 40 Court St., Westfield. Join us for coffee with Westfield Mayor Brian Sullivan. The event is free and open to the public, but pre-registration is requested so we may give our host a proper head count. Register online at www.westfieldbiz.org/events or call (413) 568-1618.
• Sept. 10: Lunch & Learn: “Marijuana in the Workplace,” 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., hosted by Western Massachusetts Hospital, 91 East Mountain Road, Westfield. This seminar, presented by attorney Timothy Netkovick of Royal, P.C., will discuss the impacts of legalized marijuana in the workplace. Small-business owners, managers, upper management, and human-resource managers will learn about maintaining a drug-free workplace, enforcing drug-free workplace policies, and when drug testing is appropriate. Box lunch provided by Peppermill Catering. Cost: $25 for members, $40/ for non-members. Pre-registration is required to secure lunch and a seat in the workshop. For more information and to register, visit westfieldbiz.org/events or call (413) 568-1618.
• Sept. 16: After 5 Connections, 5-7 p.m., hosted by Polish National Credit Union, 1 Parkside Ave., Westfield. Refreshments will be served, and a 50/50 raffle will benefit the chamber scholarship fund. Bring your business cards and make connections. Cost: free to both chamber members and non-members. For more information, call the chamber at (413) 568-1618, or register online at www.westfieldbiz.org/events.
• Sept. 20: September Breakfast, 7-9 a.m., hosted by the 104th Fighter Wing ANG, 175 Falcon Dr., Westfield. Platinum sponsor: Baystate Noble Hospital; gold sponsors: Westfield Gas & Electric/Whip City Fiber; silver sponsor: A Plus HVAC Inc.; bronze sponsors: BHN/Carson Center, Governor’s Center, and the Arbors. Cost: $28/ for members, $43 for non-members. For more information and to register, visit westfieldbiz.org/events or call (413) 568-1618.
• Sept. 21: September Breakfast, 7-9 a.m., hosted by the 104th Fighter Wing ANG, 175 Falcon Dr., Westfield. Platinum event sponsor: Baystate Noble Hospital. Gold sponsor: Westfield Gas & Electric. Silver sponsor: A Plus HVAC Inc. Bronze sponsors: Behavioral Health Network/the Carson Center, Governor’s Center, and the Arbors. For sponsorships or registration questions, e-mail [email protected] or call (413) 568-1618. Cost to attend: $28 for members, $43 for non-members. Register online at www.westfieldbiz.org/events.
SPRINGFIELD REGIONAL CHAMBER
n Sept. 4: Rise & Shine Business Breakfast, 7:15-9 a.m., hosted by Sheraton Springfield, One Monarch Place, Springfield. Sponsored by United Personnel (breakfast series sponsor) and Wolf & Co. Featuring Josh Kraft, president of the New England Patriots Foundation and Nicholas president and CEO of the Boston Boys and Girls Clubs, on “Taking Social Justice Beyond Social Media.” Cost: $25 for members in advance ($30 at the door) or $35 general admission in advance ($40 at the door). To register, visit www.springfieldregionalchamber.com, e-mail [email protected], or call (413) 755-1310.
WEST OF THE RIVER CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 4: Wicked Wednesday, 5-7 p.m., hosted by Partners Restaurant, Agawam. Wicked Wednesdays are monthly social events, hosted by various businesses and restaurants, that bring members and non-members together to network in a laid-back atmosphere. Cost: free for members, $10 for non-members. For more information about this event, call the chamber office at (413) 426-3880, or register online at www.westoftheriverchamber.com.
• Sept. 17: Legislative Breakfast, 7-9 a.m., hosted by Crestview Country Club, Agawam. Presenting sponsor: Health New England. A panel of legislators, featuring state Sens. James Welch and Donald Humason and state Reps. Nicholas Boldyga and Michael Finn, will provide updates from Beacon Hill, followed by a question-and-answer session. Sponsorship opportunities are available. For sponsorships or to register online, visit www.westoftheriverchamber.com. For more information on ticket sales, contact the chamber office at (413) 426-3880 or [email protected]