Chamber Corners: Upcoming Events
• June 5: Springfield Chamber of Commerce Executive Committee, noon-1:30 p.m., in the EDC Conference Room, Springfield.
• June 6: ACCGS June Breakfast, 7:15-9 a.m., at Springfield College. Cost: members, $20; non-members, $30.
• June 8: ACCGS Legislative Steering Committee meeting, 8-9 a.m., at the TD Bank Conference Center, Springfield.
• June 12: ACCGS Annual Meeting, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., at the MassMutual Center. Keynote speaker is state Attorney General Martha Coakley. Cost: members, $40; tables of eight, $300; non-members, $60.
• June 13: ACCGS After 5, at the Glass Room, Elegant Affairs, Springfield, Cost: members, $20; non-members, $30.
• June 20: ACCGS Ambassadors meeting, 4-5 p.m., in the EDC Conference Room, Springfield.
• June 21: ACCGS Executive Committee meeting, noon-1 p.m., in the TD Bank Conference Center, Springfield.
• June 27: Professional Women’s Chamber Board of Directors’ Meeting, 8-9 a.m. Hosted by the Professional Women’s Chamber.
CHICOPEE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• June 19: Health & Career Fair presented by Health New England, 8:30-11:30 a.m., at the Castle of Knights, 1599 Memorial Dr., Chicopee. Calling all businesses in the health care industry. Be an exhibitor: $125 for members, $175 for non-members. If you are in the health care industry and have job openings, be a part of the job fair that will be at this event in the section “Corridor to Your Career.” The event is free to attend, and the public is welcome. Complimentary coffee, herbal tea, and sliced fresh fruit will be available until 9:30 a.m.
• June 27: Business After Hours, 5-7 p.m., at Grandview Estates, located off of Granby Road in Chicopee. Cost: $5 pre-registered members; $15 for non-members.
• June 30: Bus trip to New York City, a day on your own in the city. The bus leaves the chamber parking lot at 7 a.m. and returns around 9:30 p.m. Cost is $45 per person. Call (413) 594-2101 or sign up online at www.chicopeechamber.org.
FRANKLIN COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• June 29: Annual Legislative Breakfast and Annual Meeting, 7:30-9 a.m. Attendees will be briefed on FY ’13 budget and business news from our delegation on Beacon Hill. Sponsored by People’s United Bank. Cost: $12 for members; $15 for non-members.
GREATER EASTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• June 14: Networking by Night Business Card Exchange, 5-7 p.m. Network on Shop Row, Main Street, Easthampton. Sponsors: Daily Hampshire Gazette, Silver Spoon Restaurant, and Taylor Agency Real Estate. Hors d’ouevres, door prizes, host beer and wine. Tickets: $5 for members; $15 for future members.
GREATER NORTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• June 6: Northampton Chamber Monthly Arrive @5, 5-7 p.m. A casual mix and mingle with your colleagues and friends. Hosted by Pioneer Valley Landscapes at the Garden House at Look Park, Florence. Sponsored by Finck & Perras Insurance Agency, United Bank, and Verizon Wireless/Wireless Zone. Catered by Captain Jack’s. This event will also be accompanied by the band Changes in Latitude. V-1 Vodka will be on hand for a martini sampling, and there will be door prizes, including a handheld leaf blower and a professional line trimmer donated by Pioneer Landscapes, and an iPad donated by Verizon Wireless/Wireless Zone.
• June 21: New Member Info Session, 8-9 a.m. A chance to tell us more about your business and how the chamber can best serve you, meet other new members, and tell you how to make to the most of your chamber membership. A light breakfast will be served. RSVP to (413) 584-1900 or [email protected]
NORTHAMPTON AREA YOUNG PROFESSIONALS
• June 13: Looking to stand out in the crowd? The Northampton Area Young Professionals are looking to help. Join us for a unique opportunity to meet with more than 20 local nonprofit organizations with upcoming board-level openings who are looking for their next leaders. In addition, they’ll showcase their organizations an discuss other volunteer opportunities. The event will be staged from 5-8 p.m. in the Smith College Conference Center. The event is free to members of NAYP and the Greater Northampton, Greater Easthampton, and Amherst chambers of commerce; $5 entry for all others. For more information, contact [email protected]
PROFESSIONAL WOMEN’S CHAMBER
• June 7: Woman of the Year, honoring Attorney Ellen Freyman, 6-9 p.m., at the Springfield Sheraton. Cost is $55 per person.
SOUTH HADLEY/GRANBY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• June 13: Beyond Business, 5-7 p.m. Sponsors: Big Wide Smiles and Chicopee Savings Bank. Entertainment by Berkshire Hills Music Academy. Refreshments available. Cost: $5. Reservations are encouraged by June 6 by calling (413) 532-6451 or e-mailing [email protected]
WEST OF THE RIVER CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• June 5: Membership Committee meeting, 8-9 a.m., Westfield Bank, Agawam.
• June 6: Education Committee Meeting, 8-9 a.m. Hosted by Agawam High School and the Career Development Center, Agawam.
• June 6: Wicked Wednesday and Member Appreciation, 5-7 p.m., at the Hampton Inn of West Springfield. WRC invites you to join us on the first Wednesday of every month at businesses across Agawam and West Springfield. Get a little wicked with us and see what WRC is all about. These events are free for WRC members and $10 for non-members.
• June 7: Annual Breakfast Meeting, 7-9 a.m., at Chez Josef in Agawam. Tickets are $25 for WRC members, $35 for non-members. The WRC hosts Seth Mattison of BridgeWorks, an organization dedicated to helping businesses successfully bridge the generational gaps they face in their workforce, as it announces its 2012-13 chairman and board of directors. This event is sponsored in part by Development Associates and Westfield Bank.
• June 14: Programs Committee meeting, 7:30- 9 a.m., at Management Search Inc., West Springfield.
• June 15: Executive Committee meeting, 8-9 a.m., at Hampden Bank, West Springfield.
• June 21: Economic Development Committee meeting, 7:30- 8:30 a.m., at the Work Opportunity Center, Agawam.
GREATER WESTFIELD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• June 8: June Chamber Breakfast, 7:15 a.m., at the Ranch Golf Club. Guest speaker is Richard K. Sullivan Jr., secretary of the state Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs. Platinum Sponsor is First Niagara; Gold Sponsors are United Bank and Westfield State University; Bronze Sponsor is AIM. Tickets are $25 for members; $30 for non-members. For more information or to register, contact Carrie Dearing at (413) 568-1618 or [email protected] The Ranch Golf Club is offering a golf special for those who attend the breakfast; $75 for 18 holes with a cart. Call (413) 569-9333 to make a reservation.
• June 12: Chamber WestNet, 5-7 p.m., at Maple Brook Alpaca Farm. Sponsors are AIM and Wal-Mart. Featured speaker is Sarah Tanner of the United Way of Pioneer Valley Inc. Attend the WestNet for business-connection opportunities; bring your business cards. Tickets are $10 for members, $15 for non-members. For more information or to register, contact Carrie Dearing at (413) 568-1618 or [email protected]
• June 18: 51st Annual Golf Tournament, 10 a.m.-7 p.m., at East Mountain Country. Title Sponsor is Westfield Gas & Electric, Cart Sponsor is United Bank, and there are seven Eagle Sponsors: Air Compressor Engineering, Field Eddy Insurance, Peppermill Catering, Savage Arms, Wal-Mart, Westfield Bank, and the Westfield News Group. We are still accepting foursomes, sponsorships, and raffle prizes. Contact Kate Phelon at (413) 568-1618 or [email protected]