Chamber Corners: Upcoming Events
• Sept. 13: ACCGS Board of Directors Meeting, 8-9 a.m. Location TBD.
• Sept. 14: ACCGS Legislative Steering Committee, 8-9 a.m. at the TD Bank Conference Center, Springfield.
• Sept. 19: ERC Board of Directors Meeting, 8-9 a.m. at the Gardens of Wilbraham.
• Sept. 28: ERC5 Chamber Annual Golf Classic, at the Country Club of Wilbraham. Registration is at 11:30 a.m., with a 12:15 shotgun start. Cost is $110 for golfers. To register and for sponsor information, contact Roberto Nieves at (413) 755-1318.
AMHERST AREA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 25: Chamber Breakfast, 7:15-9 a.m. at the Lord Jeffery Inn, 30 Boltwood Ave., Amherst. Introducing UMass Amherst Chancellor Kumble Subbaswamy, who assumed his role on July 1. He is the 11th chancellor of the flagship campus. Tickets are $12 for members, $15 for non-members.
CHICOPEE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 13: The Greater Chicopee Chamber of Commerce Annual Auction and Wine, Beer & Spirit Tasting, 6-9 p.m. at the Log Cabin Banquet & Meeting House, 500 Easthampton Road, Holyoke. Music by the Eric Bascom Jazz Trio. Bid on great auction items including Red Sox tickets, restaurant gift certificates, golf clubs, massages, gift baskets, and more. Sample wine, beer, and spirits from Berkshire Brewing, Commercial Distributing, Commonwealth Wine & Spirits, Opa-Opa, V1 Vodka, and Williams Distributing. Discounted tickets at $35 must be purchased in advance by calling (413) 594-2101 or online at www.chicopeechamber.org. Tickets will be $40 at the door.
FRANKLIN COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 21: Chamber Breakfast, 7:30 a.m., at the Franklin County Tech School, Turners Falls.
GREATER EASTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 13: Networking by Night Business Card Exchange “Fall Fling,” 5-7 p.m. at Opa-Opa Steakhouse & Brewery, 169 College Highway, Southampton. Sponsored by All About You, LLC. Door prizes, Hors d’ouevres. Tickets are $5 for members, $15 for non-members.
• Sept. 14: Karrin Allyson & Amherst Jazz Orchestra Bear Fest 2012 Concert, 7 p.m. at the White Brook Middle School, 200 Park St., Easthampton. Sponsored by the Greater Easthampton Chamber of Commerce. Tickets are $15 for general admission. For tickets and more Bear Fest info, visit www.easthamptonbearfest.com
GREATER HOLYOKE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 12: Legislative Coffee Hour, 7:45-9:15 a.m. at the Summit View, 555 Northampton St. Sponsored by Dowd Insurance Agency and Loomis Communities.
Featuring local elected officials discussing the challenges and opportunities facing the Commonwealth, Holyoke, and our businesses in the months ahead. Tickets are $20 for members and $25 for non-members. Call Wanda Zabawa at (413) 534-3376 for reservations, or register online at holyokechamber.com.
• Sept. 19: Holyoke Chamber Clambake, 5-7:30 p.m. at Holyoke Country Club
Presented by United Water and sponsored by Holyoke Gas & Electric and Westfield Bank, this seafood feast features lobster, steamers, clam chowder, make-your-own strawberry shortcake bar, and much more. Raffle prizes; $1,000 cash prize putting contest; and 50/50 Raffle. Get ninne holes of golf and a cart for only $15. Tickets are $30. Call the chamber at (413) 534-3376 to reserve tickets, or register online at holyokechamber.com.
GREATER NORTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 12: Northampton Chamber Monthly Arrive @5, 5-7 p.m. at the Northampton Athletic Club, 306 King St., Northampton. Arrive when you can, stay as long as you can. A casual mix and mingle with colleagues and friends. Sponsored by United Bank, United Personnel, and Dietz & Co. Tickets are $10 for members, $15 for non-members.
NORTHAMPTON AREA YOUNG PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY
• Sept. 13: September Networking Social. Location TBD.
PROFESSSIONAL WOMEN’S CHAMBER
• Sept. 19: Professional Women’s Chamber Luncheon, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m, at the MassMutual Room at Max’s Tavern. Keynote Speaker is Carla Oleska, CEO of the Women’s Fund. Tickets are $25 for PWC members, $35 for non-members.
QUABOAG HILLS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 14: 2012 QHCC Annual Golf Tournament, at Cold Spring Country Club, 336 Chauncey Walker St., Belchertown. Sponsored by Monson Savings Bank. Please consider sponsoring this event early. Enjoy a relaxing day of golf at the newest golf course in the area. Registration is at 10 a.m., shotgun start at 11. Dinner is at approximately 4 p.m. To register, contact [email protected], or call (413) 283-2418 for more information. Win this tournament, and your team can display the first QHCC championship trophy.
SOUTH HADLEY/GRANBY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 18: Beyond Business, 5-7 p.m., at the the Old Firehouse Museum, 4 North Main St., South Hadley. Honor our premier members. Invitations will follow with details.
WEST OF THE RIVER CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 13: Programs Committee Meeting. Committee meets to discuss and develop WRC’s membership meetings, events, and promotions. If you would like to join this committee, e-mail [email protected] for more information.
• Sept. 13: Economic Development Committee Meeting. Committee meets to address how WRC can enhance the economic development of Agawam and West Springfield. If you would like to join this committee, e-mail [email protected] for more information.
• Sept. 20: Economic Development Committee Meeting.
• Sept. 21: Executive Committee Meeting. A closed committee meeting of the chairman of the board, vice chairman, previous chairman, secretary, and treasurer. If you have something you would like addressed at this meeting, e-mail [email protected].
• Sept. 25: Board of Directors Retreat. A closed meeting of the board of directors. If you have something you would like to see addressed at this meeting, e-mail [email protected], and your comments and questions will be forwarded appropriately.
GREATER WESTFIELD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 13: Downtown Comes to Campus, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Westfield State University will showcase 18 downtown vendors in the Tim & Jeanne’s Dining Commons to students, staff and faculty. The event is free. There will be giveaways, raffle prizes, and demonstrations. Contact Pam Bussell at (413) 568-1618 or e-mail [email protected] for more information.
• Sept. 14: Greater Westfield Chamber of Commerce September Breakfast. Registration is at 7:15 a.m., and the program begins at 7:50. Hosted by the 104th Fighter Wing, Air National Guard Base, 175 Falcon Dr., Westfield. Sponsors: Platinum Sponsor, Westfield Bank; Silver Sponsors: Easthampton Savings Bank, Field Eddy Insurance, Noble Hospital, United Way, Walmart, and Westfield Gas & Electric; Bronze Sponsors: Expert Tire and Renaissance Manor. Speaker: Brian Barnes, Airport Manager, Westfield-Barnes Regional Airport. Tickets are $25 for chamber members, $30 cash for non-members. Contact Pam Bussell at (413) 568-1618 or e-mail [email protected] for tickets or for more information.
• Sept. 19: Greater Westfield Chamber of Commerce WestNet After 5 Networking Event, 5-7 p.m., at Stevens 470 Marketing & Creative, 470 Southampton Road, Westfield. Speaker: Karen Rubin, executive director, Amelia Park Children’s Museum. Tickets: chamber members, $10, non-members $15 cash. Contact Pam Bussell at (413) 568-1618 or e-mail [email protected] for tickets or for more information.