Chamber Corners: Upcoming Events
• April 24: Join us for the chamber’s annual Beacon Hill Summit, hosted by state Sen. Gale Candaras, starting at 7 a.m. Join with other members of the Affiliated Chambers of Commerce of Greater Springfield Inc. and the Greater Holyoke Chamber of Commerce for a unique opportunity to hear directly from top legislators and members of the Patrick-Murray administration and an opportunity to voice your opinions, ideas, and concerns during the day’s formal sessions and social events. Speakers will include: Secretary of Administration and Finance Glen Shor, Senate President Therese Murray, Stephen Brewer, chair of the Senate and Joint Committees on Ways and Means, Mass. Taxpayers Foundation President Mike Widmer, and many others. The all-inclusive payment includes continental breakfast, transportation, and lunch at the Omni Parker House with members of the local delegation, a wrap-up reception at the 21st Amendment, and all materials. Buses depart at 7 a.m. from the Plantation Inn at Exit 6-off the MA Turnpike, and return at 7 p.m.
• May 1: Business@Breakfast, 7:30-9 a.m., at the Delaney House, One Country Club Road, Holyoke. Mayor’s Forum. The monthly Busness@Breakfast series pays tribute to individuals, businesses, and organizations for major contributions to civic and economic growth and for actions that reflect honor on the region. To reserve tickets, contact Cecile Larose at [email protected].
AMHERST AREA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• April 24: Chamber After 5, 5-7 p.m., at the UMass Fine Arts Center. Sponsored by: Yankee Candle. Tickets are $10 for members, $15 for non-members. RSVP to [email protected]
• April 30: ‘Making Green Sexy’ — Chamber Brown Bag luncheon, noon-1:30 p.m., in the Woodbury Room of the Jones Library at Amherst College. The program, focused on green marketing/green business profitability, will be presented by Shel Horowitz, president of Accurate Writing and More. Using examples as diverse as toilet paper, the Empire State Building, ice cream, and a community organizing campaign, Horowitz’s presentation will look at the different message styles you need to move both green and non-green audiences to action. For more information, visit http://greenandprofitable.com/.
CHICOPEE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• May 15: Salute Breakfast, 7:15-9 a.m., at Elms College, 291 Springfield St. in Chicopee. To reserve tickets, contact the chamber at (413) 594-2101 or [email protected].
• May 22: Business After Hours, 5-7 p.m., at Berkshire Bank, 1339 Memorial Dr. in Chicopee. For more information, contact the chamber at (413) 594-2101 or [email protected].
GREATER EASTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• April 25: Networking by Night Business Card Exchange, 5-7 p.m., at the new Easthampton High School, 70 Williston Ave. Tour and experience this new 21st century educational facility. Sponsored by Canon Real Estate Inc., Hors d’ouevres by the E.H.S. Culinary Department; door prizes. Tickets are $5 for members, $15 for future members
• May 9: Networking by Night Business Card Exchange, 5-7 p.m., at Amy’s Place Bar & Grill, 80-82 Cottage St., Easthampton. Sponsored by Easthampton Savings Bank; hors d’ouevres; door prizes; cash bar. Tickets are $5 for members, $15 for future members.
• May 17: Wine & Microbrew Tasting, 6- 9 p.m., at Wyckoff Country Club, 233 Easthampton Road, Holyoke. Enjoy more than 50 wines and microbrews, fine food, and an extraordinary raffle. Major Sponsor: Easthampton Savings Bank; Event Sponsor: Five Star Building Corp.; Wine Sponsor: Westfield Spirit Shop; Microbrew Sponsor: Big E’s Supermarket; Food Sponsor: Log Rolling @ The Log Cabin/Delaney House. Tickets are $35 in advance, $40 at door. Call (413) 527-9414, or visit or www.easthamptonchamber.org.
GREATER HOLYOKE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• May 10: Ask a Chamber Expert Series: Hiring the Right Talent, 8:30- 10 a.m., at the Greater Holyoke Chamber of Commerce Conference Room, 177 High St. Join us for our second ACE (Ask a Chamber Expert) event with guest speaker Peter Brunault, senior professional in Human Resources (SPHR) of Employers Association of the NorthEast. Admission: $10 for members, $25 for non-members. Price includes a continental breakfast. Call the chamber at (413) 534-3376 to sign up or register at holyokechamber.com.
• May 15: Legislative Luncheon featuring State Treasurer Steven Grossman, starting at 11:30, at the Log Cabin Banquet & Meeting House, 500 Easthampton Road. Sponsored by Dowd Insurance and Goss & McLain Insurance. Admission: payment in advance, $30; payment at door, $40. Open to the public. For reservations call the chamber office at (413) 534-3376, or register online at holyokechamber.com.
• May 20: 45th Annual Chamber Cup 2013 Golf Tournament, at Wyckoff Country Club, 233 Easthampton Road, Holyoke. Registration and lunch at 10:30 a.m. Tee off at noon (scramble format); dinner following the golf with elaborate food stations catered by the Log Cabin. Cost is $125 per player, and includes lunch, 18 holes of golf, cart, and dinner. Dinner only, $25. Winner awards, raffles, and cash prizes follow dinner. Tournament Sponsors: Log Cabin and PeoplesBank. Corporate Sponsors: Dowd Insurance, Goss & McLain Insurance Agency, Holyoke Gas & Electric, Mountain View Landscapes, Holyoke Medical Center, People’s United Bank, and Resnic, Beauregard, Waite & Driscoll. For reservations call the chamber office at (413) 534-3376 or register online at holyokechamber.com.
• May 21: Chamber Business Connections, 5-7 p.m. Sponsored and hosted by Sovereign Consulting, 4 Open Square Way, Suite 307. If you are in the architecture, engineering, or development industries, attend as the chamber’s guest, Cost is $10 for chamber members, $15 for non-members.
Presented by the Greater Holyoke Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors Committee. Join your friends and colleagues for this informal evening of networking.
• May 29: Greater Holyoke Chamber of Commerce Annual Meeting, starting at 5 p.m. at the Delaney House in Holyoke. Program followed by a grand reception, including Fifield Awards. Sponsored by the Greater Holyoke Chamber Corporate Leaders. Cocktails from 5 to 5:30 p.m.; annual meeting at 5:30 p.m. Dinner begins at 6. Admission: payment in advance, $30; payment at door, $40. Open to the public. The chamber will also honor chamber member retirees, Rosalie Deane, Holyoke Housing Authority; David Dupont, superintendent of Holyoke Public Schools; and John Kelley, Peoples United Bank.
MASSACHUSETTS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• July 22: Massachusetts Chamber of Commerce Golf Tournament at Tekoa Country Club, Westfield. Shotgun start at 11 a.m. Cost: $100 per golfer.
For more information on registration and sponsorship opportunities, contact the chamber office at (413) 525-2506, or e-mail to [email protected].
GREATER NORTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• May 1: Northampton Chamber Monthly Arrive @5, 5-7 p.m., at the Eric Carle Museum, 125 West Bay Road, Amherst. Arrive when you can, stay as long as you can. A casual mix and mingle with your colleagues and friends. Sponsored by: Wells Fargo Advisors, Johnson & Hill Staffing Services, and United Bank. Admission: $10 for members; $15 for non-members
PROFESSSIONAL WOMENS CHAMBER
• June 6: Women of the Year Banquet, 5:30-8 p.m., at the Cedars Banquet Hall, 375 Island Pond Road, Springfield. Join us as we honor our Woman of the Year, Jean Deliso, Deliso Financial & Insurance Services To reserve tickets, contact Cecile Larose at [email protected].
WEST OF THE RIVER CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• April 25: Powerful Speed Networking Business After Hours with 3 Chambers, 5-7 p.m., at Chez Josef in Agawam. Featuring the West of the River Chamber of Commerce, Westfield Chamber of Commerce , and North Central Connecticut Chamber of Commerce. Free for chamber members, $10 for non-members. (Event is open to the public; must pay at the door if you’re a non-member). For more information contact the chamber office at (413) 426-3880, or e-mail to [email protected].
• May 1: West of the River Chamber of Commerce Membership Drive, at the
Holiday Inn, Enfield, Conn. Two shifts — 9-11:30 a.m. and 1:30-4 p.m. This is a great opportunity for you to network with other members while helping to grow your chamber. More members means more opportunity to grow your business. For more information contact the chamber office at (413) 426-3880, or e-mail to [email protected].
• May 1: Wicked Wednesday, 5-7 p.m. Hosted by Holiday Inn.
Free for chamber members, $10 for Non-members (event is open to the public-must pay at the door if you’re a non-member). Wicked Wednesdays are monthly social events hosted by various businesses and restaurants. These events bring members and non-members together to social network in a laid-back atmosphere. For more information contact the chamber office at (413) 426-3880, or e-mail to [email protected].
• August 19: West of the River Chamber of Commerce 10th Annual Golf Tournament at Springfield Country Club, West Springfield. Cost: $125 per-golfer. For more information on registration and sponsorship opportunities, contact the chamber office at (413) 426-3880, or e-mail to [email protected].
GREATER WESTFIELD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• May 6: Mayor’s Coffee Hour, 8- 9 a.m., at the Holiday Inn Express, 39 Southampton Road, Westfield, MA 01085. Join the chamber and Mayor Dan Knapik for a meet-and-greet about the city. Free and open to the public. To register, call Pam at the chamber office at (413) 568-1618, or e-mail to [email protected].
n May 8: May WestNet Connection, 5- 7 p.m., at Amelia Park Children’s Museum, 29 South Broad St. Sponsor: Westfield YMCA. Cost: Members, $10, non-members, $15cash at the door. To register, call Pam at the chamber office at (413) 568-1618, or e-mail to [email protected].
n May 13: Greater Westfield Chamber of Commerce’s 52nd Annual Golf Tournament, at the The Ranch Golf Club, 65 Sunnyside Road, Southwick.
Schedule: 10 a.m., registration/lunch; 11 a.m., shotgun start; 11 a.m.-5 p.m., on-course refreshments; 4 p.m., cocktail hour; 5 p.m., dinner Great Sponsorship opportunities still available. Cost: foursome with dinner, $600; tee sign, $150; dinner only, $35. For sponsorship opportunities, to register or to donate a raffle, contact Pam at the Chamber office at (413) 568-1618, or e-mail to [email protected].
YPS-Young Professional Society of Greater Springfield
• May 16: May ‘Third Thursday,’ 5-7 p.m. at Lattitude Restaurant, 1338 Memorial Ave., West Springfield.