Chamber Corners: Upcoming Events
• June 26: ACCGS Annual Meeting, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Sheraton Springfield, 1 Monarch Place, Springfield. Featuring James Brett, president and CEO of the New England Council, New England’s voice of business on Capitol Hill. Remarks by Michael Mathis, vice president of Global Gaming Development, MGM Resorts International. Announcement of the Richard J. Moriarty Citizen of the Year. Cost: $40 for members, $60 general admission. Tickets are available at www.myonlinechamber.com or by e-mailing Cecile Larose at [email protected]
AMHERST AREA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• July 15: Amherst Area Chamber of Commerce 10th Annual Golf Tournament, 10:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., Hickory Ridge Golf Course, Pomeroy Lane, Amherst. Presented by Hampshire Hospitality Group. Registration and Lunch 10:30 a.m. to noon; shotgun start at 12 noon; reception and dinner at 5 p.m. Cost: $125 per player.
CHICOPEE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• June 20: Seminar Series, 8-10:30 a.m. This series of five workshops will focus on five diverse, unrelated topics that are relevant for the success of the chamber’s business members. The topics will be “Organizations Stop Growing When Their Leadership Stops Growing,” June 20; “No Guts, No Gain,” July 11; “Employment Law Compliance,” Aug. 1; “Marketing Strategies That Lead to Growth,” Aug. 22; and “QuickBooks,” Sept. 19. The topics were chosen from the most frequently mentioned challenges that small businesses face. Cost: $100 for members, $125 for non-members.
• June 26: June Business After Hours, 5-7 p.m., Munich Haus, 13 Center St., Chicopee. Sponsored by Polish National Credit Union. Cost: $5 for members, $15 for non-members.
• July 11: See the Seminar Series listing above.
FRANKLIN COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• June 21: 94th Annual Meeting and Legislative Breakfast, 7:30-9 a.m., Eaglebrook School, Deerfield. Guest Speakers: State Reps. Stanley Rosenberg, Stephen Brewer, and Ben Downing, and state Reps. Stephen Kulik, Denise Andrews, and Paul Mark. Cost: $12 for chamber members, $15 for non-members.
GREATER EASTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• July 26: The 29th Annual Golf Tournament, 9 a.m., Southampton Country Club. Team fee: $400. Tee sponsorships available for $75-$125. Would you like to donate a raffle prize and/or something to the golfer’s gift bag? Contact the chamber to sign up a team, arrange a tee sponsor, or make a raffle prize or gift donation.
HOLYOKE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• June 19: Chamber Business Connections, 5-7 p.m., the Holyoke Green High Performance Computing Center, 100 Bigelow St., Holyoke. Sponsored By Northeast IT Systems Inc. and Westfield Bank. Join your friends and colleagues for this informal evening of networking. If you are in the IT/computer equipment, software, or sales industry, please attend as the chamber’s guest. Cost: $10 for chamber members, $15 for the public.
• June 20: Ask a Chamber Expert Series: “Blueprint Reading,” 8:30-10 a.m., Chamber of Commerce Conference Room, 177 High St., Holyoke. This is the third event in the Ask a Chamber Expert series. Cost: $10 for members, $25 for the public. Price includes a continental breakfast. Call the chamber at (413) 534-3376 to sign up, or register online at holyokechamber.com.
• June 26: Summer Recognition Breakfast, 7:30-9 a.m., Yankee Pedlar, 1866 Northampton St., Holyoke. Cost: $20 for members, $25 for the public. Call the chamber at (413) 534-3376 to sign up, or register online at holyokechamber.com.
MASSACHUSETTS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• June 26: “Manufacturing Matters” Lunch Meeting, Storrowton Tavern, West Springfield. Cost: $30 for members, $40 for non-members. For more information on ticket sales, contact the chamber office at (413) 525-2506 or e-mail [email protected]
• July 22: Massachusetts Chamber of Commerce Golf Tournament, Tekoa Country Club, Westfield. Shotgun start: 11 a.m. Cost: $100 per golfer. For more information on registration and sponsorship opportunities, contact the chamber office at (413) 525-2506 or e-mail [email protected]
NORTHAMPTON AREA YOUNG PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY
• July 10: Arrive @ 5, 5-7 p.m., Greater Northampton Chamber of Commerce. Arrive when you can, stay as long as you can. A casual mix and mingle with colleagues and friends. Cost: $10 for members, $15 for non-members.
PROFESSIONAL WOMEN’S CHAMBER
• June 18: Free networking event, 5-7 p.m., Cooper’s Gifts, 161 Main St., Agawam. Join us for an after-hours event, where you can relax and enjoy the company of other area businesswomen. No cost. Register to win a $100 Cooper’s gift card. Refreshments will be served.
WEST OF THE RIVER CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• June 20: West of the River Chamber of Commerce Annual Breakfast Meeting, 7-9 a.m., Chez Josef, Agawam. Presenting sponsor: Hard Rock Hotel and Casino of New England. Featured speaker: Mark Darren Gregor, business and career coach. Cost: $25 for members, $30 for non-members. For more information on registration and sponsorship opportunities, contact the chamber office at (413) 426-3880 or e-mail [email protected]
• Aug. 19: West of the River Chamber of Commerce 10th Annual Golf Tournament, Springfield Country Club, West Springfield. Presenting sponsor: Hard Rock Hotel and Casino of New England. Cost: $125 per golfer. For more information on registration and sponsorship opportunities, contact the chamber office at (413) 426-3880 or e-mail [email protected]
YOUNG PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY OF GREATER SPRINGFIELD
• June 27: Fifth Annual YPS Great Golf Escape, Oak Ridge Golf Club, Feeding Hills. Cost: $90 per golfer ($360 for a foursome), which includes greens fees, cart, barbecue lunch (big beef burgers; jumbo hot dogs; sausage, peppers, and onions; and pasta salad), and a buffet dinner. There will be prizes for the winning team, raffle prizes, and giveaways. For more information, visit www.springfieldyps.com.
• July 18: July Third Thursday, 5-7 p.m., Sheraton Springfield, 1 Monarch Place, Springfield. Cost: free for members, $10 for non-members.