Chamber Corners: Upcoming Events
AFFILIATED CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE OF GREATER SPRINGFIELD
• April 9: ACCGS Lunch N Learn, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., at Lattitude Restaurant, 1388 Memorial Ave., West Springfield. Featuring “The Art of the Brand,” presented by Mary McCarthy of Andrew Associates. Attendees will learn the core elements of successful branding and the necessary building blocks that should be put in place in order to ensure that your brand successfully conveys meaningful messages that resonate with your customers or audience. Reservations are $20 for members, $30 for general admission, and may be made online at www.myonlinechamber.com or by contacting Cecile Larose at [email protected]
• April 30: Beacon Hill Summit, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Hosted by state Sen. Gale Candaras. Spend a day at the State House and hear from key legislators, members of the Patrick administration in its final months in office, and our local delegation. Reservations are $180 and include transportation, lunch at the Union Club, and a wrap-up reception at the 21st Amendment. Reservations may be made online at www.myonlinechamber.com or by contacting Cecile Larose at [email protected]
AMHERST AREA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• April 9: Chamber Breakfast, “The Power of Video,” 7:15-9 a.m. at the Courtyard by Marriott, 423 Russell St., Hadley. Learn about using videos to promote your business. Sponsored by Epic Filmmakers. Cost is $15 for members, $20 for non-members.
• April 23: Chamber After 5, 5-7 p.m., at Western MA Family Golf Center, 294 Russell St., Hadley. Cost is $10 for members, $15 for non-members.
CHICOPEE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• April 16: April Salute Breakfast, 7:15-9 a.m., at the Kittredge Center at Holyoke Community College. Tickets: $20 for members, $26 for non-members.
• April 16: April Business After Hours, 5-7 p.m., at the Residence Inn by Marriott. Tickets: $5 for members, $15 for non-members.
GREATER EASTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• April 10: Networking by Night, 5:30 p.m. More details to follow. RSVP appreciated. Contact us at (413) 527-9414 or [email protected] Tickets are $5 for members, $15 for future members.
• May 02: Wine & Microbrew Tasting, 6 p.m., at Wyckoff Country Club. Unfamiliar with wines? Looking for the perfect wine for dinner? You’ve had the Wente Merlot and Chardonnay, but want to try the St. Michelle Riesling? Well, then, step up to the tasting bar. All of our guests (21 years of age and older) are welcome and encouraged to enjoy samples of more than 42 unique grape and fruit wines. Not interested in wine? That’s OK, because we have a microbrew tasting going on for you, too. One location, one price. Every year the event has grown. Tickets are $35 in advance or $40 at the door.
GREATER NORTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• April 10: Seminar, “Art of Small Business,” first in a three-part series, 9-10:30 a.m., at the Greater Northampton Chamber of Commerce, 99 Pleasant St., Northampton. Presented by Don Lesser of Pioneer Training. Tickets: $20 for members, $25 for guests. Registration is required due to limited space.
• April 21: Seminar, “Art of Small Business,” second in a three-part series, 8:30- 9:30 a.m., at the Greater Northampton Chamber of Commerce, 99 Pleasant St., Northampton. Presented by Tina Stevens of Stevens 470. The program is free, but registration is required due to limited space.
• May 2: Spring Swizzle: Chamber Auction with a Twist! Hosted by Eastside Grill, 18 Strong Ave., Northampton, from 6:30 to 10 p.m. Presenting sponsor: Cooley Dickinson Hospital. The 21st auction has a whole new look. This private party is the chamber’s first and best social of the spring, an auction that showcases chamber members, and a night to dress up and step out for dinner to die for and music to swizzle to. Proceeds from the auction help the chamber keep membership affordable and offer a rich program of benefits for members and the community. Cost: $75, or $100 at the door. To order tickets, contact Esther at (413) 584-1900 or [email protected]
• May 7: [email protected] 5, 5-7 p.m., at King & Cushman Inc.; 176 King St., Northampton. Sponsored by Applied Mortgage Services Corp., King Autobody, and Goggins Real Estate. Cost: $10 for members, $15 for non-members. Register at [email protected]
• June 4: [email protected] 5, 5-7 p.m., at Black Birch Vineyard. Sponsored by Johnson & Hill Staffing Services, the Creative, and viz-bang! Cost is $10 for members, $15 for non-members. Register at [email protected]
GREATER WESTFIELD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• April 7: Mayor’s Coffee Hour, 8-9 a.m., at Renaissance Manor, 37 Feeding Hills Road, Westfield. The GWCC invites you to have coffee with Mayor Daniel Knapik in a very informal setting. Hear first-hand from the mayor about key issues and get an update on construction projects. The mayor also welcomes any questions or concerns you may have. Free, informative, and open to the pubic. To register, call Pam at the chamber office at (413) 568-1618, or e-mail [email protected]
• April 9: After 5 Connection, 5-7 p.m., at Czar Energy, 53 North Elm St., Westfield. Don’t forget your business cards. Great connection opportunities. Bring a prospective new member for free. Members: advertise your business with a table top for $50. Hors d’oeuvres served. Walk-ins welcome. Haven’t been to an After 5? Your first one is free. Cost: $10 for members, $15 for non-members (cash at the door). To register, call Pam at the chamber office at (413) 568-1618, or e-mail [email protected]
• April 30: Beacon Hill Summit, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Beacon Hill Summit, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Hosted by state Sen. Gale Candaras. Spend a day at the State House and hear from key legislators and members of the Patrick administration in its final months in office. Cost: $180, which includes bus, lunch, and reception. For more information, call the chamber office at (413) 568-1618.
WEST OF THE RIVER CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• April 16: Networking Lunch, hosted by Cal’s, 12-1:30 p.m. Must be a member or guest of a member to attend. Enjoy a sit-down lunch while networking with fellow chamber members. Each attendee will get a chance to offer a brief sales pitch. The only cost is lunch; attendees will order off the menu and pay separately that day. We cannot invoice you. For more information, contact the chamber at (413) 426-3880 or [email protected]