Chamber Corners: Upcoming Events
• June 27: ACCGS Annual Meeting, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., at the Sheraton Springfield, One Monarch Place. This event will feature ‘the year in retrospect’ and presentation of the 2014 Richard J. Moriarty Citizen of the Year award. Cost: $40 for members, $60 for general admission. Reservations may be made online at www.myonlinechamber.com or by contacting Cecile Larose at [email protected]
• July 9: ERC5 Member Appreciation Night with the Western Mass. Pioneers, 5:30-7:30 p.m., at Lusitano Stadium, 400 Winsor St., Ludlow. Enjoy an exhibition game, food, contests, surprises, and more. Reservations are complimentary for ERC5 members, $5 for general admission. Reservations may be made online at www.myonlinechamber.com or by contacting Cecile Larose at [email protected] The ERC5 is an affiliate of the Affiliated Chambers of Commerce of Greater Springfield
• July 14: ACCGS Annual Golf Tournament at the Ranch Golf Club in Southwick. Schedule: 10:30-11:30 a.m., registration/practice; 11 a.m.-noon, course-side lunch; 12:30 p.m., shotgun start. Cost: $600 for a foursome, $150 for an individual golfer, $30 for reception only. Reservations may be made online at www.myonlinechamber.com or by contacting Cecile Larose at [email protected]
AMHERST AREA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• June 19-22: Taste of Amherst 2014. Come enjoy four days of fun at the 2014 Taste of Amherst, on the Amherst Town Common. Live entertainment will be provided by 93.9 the River, fun family events, and more than 20 local restaurants. Hours: Thursday, June 19, 5-9 p.m.; Friday, June 20, 5-10 p.m.; Saturday, June 21, noon-10 p.m.; Sunday, June 22, noon-4 p.m.
• June 25: Chamber After 5, 5-7 p.m. New-member reception. Don’t miss this annual event, hosted by all the businesses at 25-35 University Dr.: Cheryl Nina Salon, Encharter Insurance LLC, J. F. Conlon & Associates, Sawicki Real Estate, and Ziomek & Ziomek, Attorneys at Law. The Pub will provide food and drink. Sponsored by Greenfield Savings Bank. Tickets: free for new members (if you joined between June 2013 and June 2014), $10 for members, and $15 for non-members.
• July 21: Amherst Area Chamber of Commerce 11th Annual Golf Tournament, 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m., at Hickory Ridge Golf Course, Pomeroy Lane, Amherst. Registration and lunch are from 10:30 a.m. to noon, with a shotgun start at noon, and reception and dinner starting at 5 p.m. Cost: $125 per player. Presented by Hampshire Hospitality Group. Co-scholarship sponsor: Cooley Dickinson Health Care. Silver sponsors: Encharter Insurance, J.F. Conlon & Associates, MBA. Lunch sponsor: Davis Financial Group, LLC. Dinner sponsor: Fallon Community Health Plan. Bronze sponsors: Daily Hampshire Gazette, NEPM, Steve Lewis Subaru. Carts sponsor: Taylor Rental. Water sponsor: Atkins Farms Country Market. Towels: Hampshire College.
CHICOPEE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• June 19: Mornings with the Mayor. Chamber members meet with Mayor Rich Kos at a different host business every other month to talk about what’s happening in the city of Chicopee. Submit questions you’d like addressed, by June 16, to [email protected] For more information, contact the Greater Chicopee Chamber at (413) 594-2101.
• June 25: June Business After Hours, 5-7 p.m., at Teddy Bear Pools & Spas. Tickets: $10 for members, $15 for non-members.
• June 26: Member workshop, “E-mail Marketing for Success: Creating Effective Newsletters & Announcements,” 9-11 a.m., at La Quinta Inn & Suites, 100 Congress St., Springfield. Sponsored by First American Insurance Agency Inc. E-mail is more important than ever to the communication efforts of businesses and nonprofits everywhere, and to customers, donors, clients, and supporters of those organizations. This session will reveal some simple but effective best practices and considerations for the small-business or nonprofit seeking to make their e-mail newsletters more effective. Attendees of this presentation will learn the different types of newsletters, what to write about in your newsletter or announcement, how to consider using images, subject-line best practices and when to send your newsletter, the importance of understanding how connected e-mail and social media are and how they have to be done together, and what types of additional tools might be useful.
FRANKLIN COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• June 27: Annual Meeting and Legislative Breakfast, 7:30-9 a.m., at Terrazza Ristorante, Country Club Road, Greenfield. Elected state officials and chamber election of officers. Tickets: $13 for chamber members, $15 for non-members. Contact the chamber for more information at (413) 773-5464 or www.franklincc.org.
GREATER EASTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• July 10: Netwrking By Night Business Card Exchange, 5-7p.m. Hosted by the Oxbow Water Ski Show Team, 100 Old Springfield Road, Northampton. The program will feature a gala waterski show and networking under the tent on the shores of the Oxbow. Door prizes, hors d’ouevres, and host beer and wine. Sponsored by Mantis Graphics and William F. Steplar Financial Services. Tickets: $5 for members, $15 for future members. RSVP requested.
• July 25: 30th Annual Golf Tournament, at Southampton Country Club, 329 College Highway, Southampton. Scramble format with 9 a.m. shotgun start. Games, contests, and raffles. Team fees include lunch and steak dinner. Major sponsors: Easthampton Savings Bank and Five Star Building Corp. Event sponsors: Innovative Business Systems Inc. and TurningLeaf Design. Opportunities for business exposure include tee sponsors, donations to the golfer’s gift bag, and raffle-prize donations. Team fees: $440; tee sponsorships: $75/$125. This year’s 30th anniversary tournament will honor William Cater Jr., the first golf chairman. Contact the chamber to sign up a team, arrange a sponsorship, or make a raffle or gift prize donation.
GREATER NORTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• June 19: “The Art of Small Business: Pricing,” 9-10:30 a.m. Hosted and sponsored by the Greater Northampton Chamber of Commerce, 99 Pleasant St., Northampton. Special guest: Don Lesser of Pioneer Training. Lesser has been a consultant and business owner for more than 30 years. He will share insights and techniques that have contributed to his success. How do you determine what rate you should charge for your time? What is a livable rate for your work? What is the range of rates for your work in your market? How do you price a job, and how do you cover add-ons and other changes? Do you have separate rates for different types of clients? What about donating services? How do you negotiate rates with a potential client? This workshop covers the process of determining your rate and sticking to it. Cost: $20 for members, $25 for non-members.
GREATER WESTFIELD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• June 20: June Breakfast, 7:15-9 a.m., at the Ranch Golf Club, 65 Sunnyside Road, Southwick. Sponsors: platinum, First Niagara; gold, United Bank; silver, United Way of Pioneer Valley. Speaker: Superintendent of Schools Dr. Suzanne Scallion. Cost: $25 for members, $30 for non-members. Consider donating a raffle prize. To register, call Pam at the chamber at (413) 568-1618.
• June 25: Chamber’s Spring Marketing Speaker Series 3, 8:30-11 a.m., at the Holiday Inn Express, 39 Southampton Road, Westfield. Topic: “You’re Social. Now What? Is It Working?” Speaker: Liz Provo, authorized local expert for Constant Contact. Cost: free to chamber members, $25 for non-members. For more information, call Pam at the Chamber office at (413) 568-1618.
• June 27: Local Legislative Luncheon, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., at Tekoa Country Club, 459 Russell Road, Westfield. The luncheon is for the chamber communities of Blandford, Chester, Granville, Huntington, Montgomery, Russell, Southwick, Tolland, Westfield, and Woronoco. The state legislators for each community have been invited to speak. Sponsorship opportunities are available. Cost: TBA. For more information, call Pam at the chamber office at (413) 568-1618.
• July 10: The Chamber’s 37th Annual Pancake Breakfast, 7-11 a.m., at South Middle School, 30 West Silver St., Westfield. Sponsored by: City of Westfield, Walmart, Appalachian Press, Noble VNA, and Peppermill Catering. Highlights: Vendor tables, bounce house, face painting, music, and more. Cost: adults, $6; seniors, $5; children under 12, $3. For more information, call Pam at the chamber office at (413) 568-1618.
WEST OF THE RIVER CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• June 19: Annual Breakfast Meeting, 7-9 a.m., at Chez Josef, Agawam. Sponsored by OMG and Development Associates. The event will kick off with the welcoming of new chairman John Weiss and the incoming WRC board of directors. Cost: $25 for chamber members, $30 for non-members. For more information and for tickets, contact the chamber office at (413) 426-3880 or e-mail [email protected]
• August 18: Annual Golf Tournament, at the Ranch Golf Course, Southwick. Registration is at 11:30 a.m., with lunch at noon and a shotgun start at 1 p.m. Cost: $125 for golf and dinner. For more information or for tickets, contact the chamber office at (413) 426-3880 or e-mail [email protected]