Chamber Corners: Upcomng Events
• Jan. 15: ACCGS After 5, 5-7 p.m., at the Melha Shrine Temple, 133 Longhill St., Springfield. Come clown around with us at this after-hours networking event, presented by Shriners Hospital for Children and sponsored by Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame with support from Berkshire Bank and the Springfield Falcons. Reservations are $5 for members, $10 for general admission. Reservations may be made online at www.myonlinechamber.com or by contacting Cecile Larose at [email protected]
• Jan. 28: ACCGS Pastries, Politics and Policy, 8-9 a.m., at the Roger L. Putnam Vocational Technical Academy, 1300 State St., Springfield. Join us for a roundtable discussion with Springfield Schools Superintendent Daniel Warwick. Cost is $15 for members, $25 for general admission, and includes continental breakfast. Reservations may be made online at www.myonlinechamber.com or by contacting Cecile Larose at [email protected]
AMHERST AREA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Jan. 15: Chamber Annual Meeting and Lunch, noon to 1:30 p.m. at the Lord Jeffery Inn. The chamber has a fantastic array of networking events lined up, but we need your ideas. The meeting will also feature the formal election of the 2014 chamber board of directors, including the installation of Lawrence Archey as board president for a second year. Sponsored by Amherst College, Hampshire College, and UMass Amherst. Tickets are $25 for members, $30 for guests.
CHICOPEE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Jan. 15: January Salute Breakfast, 7:15-9 a.m. at Willits-Hallowell at Mt. Holyoke College. Tickets are $20 for members, $26 for non-members. Reservations may be made online at www.chicopeechamber.org.
• Jan. 22: January Business After Hours, 5-7 p.m., at the Collegian Court, 89 Park St., Chicopee. Tickets are $5 for members, $15 for non-members. Reservations may be made online at www.chicopeechamber.org.
• Feb. 19: February Salute Breakfast & Annual Meeting, 7:15-9 a.m., at the MassMutual Learning & Conference Center. Tickets are $20 for members, $26 for non-members. Reservations may be made online at www.chicopeechamber.org.
• Feb. 26: February Business After Hours, 5-7 p.m., at Elms College, 291 Springfield St., Chicopee. Tickets are $5 for members, $15 for non-members. Reservations may be made online at www.chicopeechamber.org.
FRANKLIN COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Jan. 24: FCCC Breakfast Series, 7:30-9 a.m., at Greenfield Corporate Center,101 Munson St., Greenfield. Sponsored by Franklin County Home Care Corp. and Gilmore & Farrell Insurance. The speaker will be U.S. Rep. Jim McGovern, who represents the 2nd Congressional District in Massachusetts, covering many Franklin County towns. Since his election in 1996, McGovern has been widely recognized as a tenacious advocate for his district, a tireless crusader for change, and an unrivaled supporter for social justice and fundamental human rights. Over the past 17 years, he has consistently delivered millions of dollars for jobs, vital local and regional projects, small businesses, public safety, regional and mass transportation projects, and affordable housing around Massachusetts. He has authored important legislation to increase Pell Grant funding to allow more students access to higher education, to provide funds to preserve open space in urban and suburban communities, and to give tax credits to employers who pay the salaries of their employees when they are called up to active duty in the Guard and Reserves. A strong proponent of healthcare reform, his legislative efforts included reducing the cost of home healthcare and giving patients the dignity to be cared for in their own homes with the help of medical professionals. Currently serving his ninth term, McGovern serves as the second-ranking Democrat on the House Rules Committee, which sets the terms for debate and amendments on most legislation, and is a member of the House Agriculture Committee. Cost: chamber members, $13 (prepaid or pay at door) or $14 (billed); non-members, $16. Reservations can be made online at www.franklincc.org or by calling (413) 773-5463.
GREATER EASTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Jan. 23: Big Raffle Drawing, 6 p.m. Only 300 tickets are for sale each year. Grand prize, $5,000; second prize, $500; third prize, $200; fourth prize, $100; fifth prize, $50. The drawing takes place at the annual dinner meeting on Jan. 23, and you do not need to be present to win. For more information or to enter, visit www.easthamptonchamber.org.
GREATER HOLYOKE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Jan. 15: Chamber After Hours, 5-7 p.m., at Homewood Suites, 375 Whitney Ave., Holyoke. Cost: $10 for members, $15 cash for non-members.
• Jan. 24: Legislative Coffee Hour, 7:45-9:15 a.m., at the Summit View Banquet and Meeting House, 500 Northampton St., Holyoke. The event will feature local legislators discussing the challenges and opportunities facing the Commonwealth, Holyoke, and local businesses in the months ahead. Cost: $26 for members, $35 for non-members, which includes a buffet breakfast.
• Jan. 30: Marketing Roundtable Workshop, 8:30-10 a.m. This unique roundtable event is designed to foster informative discussions among business owners and marketing professionals as well as brainstorm new ideas to help with revenue-producing initiatives. Cost: $10 for members, $20 for non-members. A continental breakfast is included in the price. Call (413) 534-3376 or visit holyokecham.com to register.
• Feb. 13: Chamber Table Top Workshop: “How to Get People’s Attention and Attract Them to Your Table,” 8:30-10:30 a.m., at the Chamber Conference Room. A no-nonsense informational session on how to set up your booth, how to add visual interest, and what to do to keep potential customers engaged. Cost: $10 for members.
• Feb. 19: Chamber After Hours, 5-7 p.m. at Wistariahurst Museum, 238 Cabot St., Holyoke. Cost: $10 for members, $15 cash for non-members.
• Feb. 26: Holyoke Chamber Economic Development Breakfast, 8-10 a.m., location to be announced. Hear about local projects and how they will affect businesses. Cost: $26 for members, $35 for non-members, which includes a buffet breakfast. Call (413) 543-3376 or visit holycham.com to register.
GREATER NORTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Jan. 28: Nonprofit Marketing Roundtable 2014 Workshop, 8-9:30 a.m., at the Greater Northampton Chamber of Commerce, 99 Pleasant St., Northampton. Presented by the Creative Marketing Group. Struggling to gain visibility with your target audience? Are your marketing materials producing tangible results? Are your best messaging ideas living only in your head? The chamber has help on the way. Three women business owners — Janice Beetle, Ruth Griggs, and Maureen Scanlon of the Creative, a marketing and communications collaboration in Northampton — will lead a nonprofit Flash marketing workshop. They will meet with business owners, listen to your marketing and communications concerns, and help you brainstorm practical, professional solutions on the spot. Learn more about how to strategize, advertise, brand, and promote your business; reach the media; and maximize your message in person, in print, and online. The workshop is free, but pre-registration is required, and space is limited. To register, contact Jasmin Tomic at (413) 584-1900 or [email protected]
GREATER WESTFIELD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Jan. 13: Health Care Symposium, time to be announced, at the Dever Stage, Parenzo Hall, Westfield State University. Presenter: Lynn Nichols, president of the Mass. Hospital Assoc. Sponsored by Noble Hospital. For more information or to register, contact Pam at (413) 568-1618.
NORTHAMPTON AREA YOUNG PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY
• Feb. 13: February Networking Social, 5 p.m., at the UMass Amherst Fine Arts Center.
PROFESSIONAL WOMEN’S CHAMBER
• Jan. 15: PWC Tabletop Business Expo/Luncheon, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., at the Carriage House, Storrowton Tavern, West Springfield. Showcase your product or service. For more information about the Professional Women’s Chamber, contact Cecile Larose at (413) 755-1310 or [email protected]
THREE RIVERS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Feb. 3: Three Rivers Chamber of Commerce Monthly Meeting, 7-8 p.m., at the Three Rivers Chamber of Commerce, 2376 Main St., Three Rivers.
WEST OF THE RIVER CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• January: Coffee with Mayor Cohen, date, time, and location to be announced. Keep checking the website for updates, or email [email protected]
• Feb. 5: Wicked Wednesday, 5-7 p.m., at Crestview Country Club, Agawam. Wicked Wednesdays are monthly social events hosted by various businesses and restaurants. These events bring members and non-members together to network in a laid-back atmosphere. Cost: free for chamber members, $10 for non-members. Event is open to the public; attendees must pay at the door if they’re non-members. For more information, contact the chamber office at (413) 426-3880, or e-mail [email protected]
• Feb. 26: West of the River Chamber of Commerce Legislative Breakfast, 7-9 a.m., at the Storrowton Tavern Carriage House, West Springfield. Cost: $25 for members, $30 for non-members. For more information, contact the chamber office at (413) 426-3880, or e-mail [email protected]
YOUNG PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY OF GREATER SPRINGFIELD
• Jan. 16: January Third Thursday YPS Open House, 5-7 p.m., at the Colony Club, 1500 Main St., Springfield. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to become more involved with the YPS. Complementary parking in the Tower Square garage with elevator access directly to the venue. YPS is a guest of the Colony Club for this event. We ask that you respect and follow their business-casual dress code; jeans will not be permitted. There will be a cash bar and hors d’oeuvres. Invite your friends and bring plenty of business cards. Cost: free for YPS members, $10 for non-members, which includes food and a cash bar.