Greater Chicopee Chamber of Commerce to Honor Shining Stars
CHICOPEE — The Greater Chicopee Chamber of Commerce will pay tribute to the recipients of the prestigious Shining Stars Awards on Friday, March 6, from 6:30 to 10 p.m. at the Castle of Knights, 1599 Memorial Dr., Chicopee.
Starting, initially, with the Citizen of the Year, the Shining Stars Awards have grown to include Business of the Year and Volunteer of the Year. This year, the chamber has added a new category, Nonprofit Organization of the Year, and is also paying special tribute to Associated Industries of Massachusetts (AIM).
This year’s honorees are:
• Business of the Year: DeJordy, Dugre, Croteau & Co., P.C., a full-service accounting, tax-planning, tax-preparation, and business-advisory CPA firm;
• Citizen of the Year: Andrew Crane of A. Crane Construction;
• Nonprofit Organization of the Year: Elms College;
• Chamber Volunteer of the Year: Jason Reed, Boys & Girls Club of Chicopee; and
• Shining Stars Tribute 2015: Associated Industries of Massachusetts (AIM).
Sponsors for the Shining Stars Gala, thus far, include diamond sponsors Chicopee Savings Bank and Holyoke Medical Center; platinum sponsor PeoplesBank; gold sponsors Polish National Credit Union, Hampton Inn, Dave’s Truck Repair Inc., LaQuinta Inns & Suites, NUVO Bank, and Baystate Restoration Group; and silver sponsors Sidall & Sidall, P.C., and Boys & Girls Club of Chicopee.
To become a sponsor, e-mail event coordinator Lynn Morrissette at [email protected]. For more information or to purchase tickets, call the chamber at (413) 594-2101 or visit www.chicopeechamber.org and click ‘Upcoming Events.’