Springfield College Hosts Trustees Elections at Annual Meeting
SPRINGFIELD — The Springfield College Board of Trustees recently announced the outcome of its 2019-20 board election results during its annual meeting on the campus.
James H. Ross, III, principal officer of The Hollenbach Group, LLC, enters his second year of a three-year term as chair for the board. Ross has been on the board has been on the board since 2012.
Also, Michele A. Megas-Ditomassi, a retired educator who earned her bachelor’s degree and certificate of advanced graduate study from Springfield College, returns for her second year of a three-year term serving as vice chair.
The following individuals have been re-elected to serve a three-year term on the board:
- Denise Alleyne, a retired vice president for Student Services at Pine Manor College in Chestnut Hill, Mass.;
- Kurt Aschermann, a marketing and resource development professional who operates a nonprofit consulting practice called KA6 Consulting;
- Douglass Coupe, retired vice president of State Street Global Investor Services of Boston;
- Charisse Duroure, spa director of G-Spa at Foxwoods Resort and G. Group Consulting of Mashantucket, Conn.;
- Peter Pappas, currently a senior vice president of Morgan Stanley in Springfield; and
- Suzanne Benson Robotti, founder and president of Medshadow Foundation, an independent nonprofit website that gathers useful information on medicine side effects;
New to the Board of Trustees (Class of 2022) are:
- Pia Flanagan, chief of staff for the president and CEO of MassMutual. A member of the MassMutual’s executive leadership team, Flanagan works with the CEO on top priorities, and is a key consultant to the company’s board of directors.
- Mark Elgart, the founding president and chief executive officer for Advance Education (AdvancED), a leader in achieving educational quality and driving education improvement through research, innovation, policy and advocacy, technology, and accreditation serving over 32,000 institutions and 20 million students worldwide.
- Alexandra Goslin, a native of South Windsor, Conn., was elected as the Student Trustee. Goslin is a Math and Secondary Education major, and will be entering her senior year in the fall; and
Kristian Rhim, a native of Philadelphia, Pa., who was elected as the student trustee-elect. Rhim is a Communications/Sports Journalism major, and will be entering his junior year in the fall.