Springfield Preservation Trust to Host Preservation Awards Reception
SPRINGFIELD — The Springfield Preservation Trust will host its annual Preservation Awards reception to honor individuals and organizations that help restore and preserve historic places in Springfield. The event is open to the public and will take place tonight, May 18, at 6 p.m. in Center Court of Tower Square, 1500 Main St., Springfield.
The recipients for 2016 are:
• Hector Grullon for restoration of 90 Buckingham St.;
• Charles and Cathy Bellows for restoration of 50 Colony Road;
• The McKnight Neighborhood Council for installation of new historic-district signage;
• The Ocasio Irrevocable Family Trust for restoration of 238 Pine St.;
• Roger Roberge for the restoration and reuse of the Sumner Avenue Fire Station;
• Livingstone, LLC for the restoration of 82 Temple St.;
• Patrick and Deborah Murray for the restoration of 367 Union St.;
• David and Robin Taimanglo for the porch restoration of 34 Westminster St.;
• The Edward Sims Award for Stewardship will go to Victor and Frances Gagnon for 1120 Worthington St.;
• The Robert Holbrook Award for Stewardship will go to Alex and Charlotte DeVillier for 125 Atwater Road;
• The George Pooler Award for Stewardship will go to David and Jacqueline Pleet for 70 Bellevue Ave.; and
• The Donald E. Campion Award for Outstanding Achievement in Historic Preservation will go to Ralph Slate.
Photographs of award winners from 2016 and previous years will be on display at Tower Square through May 21. Slideshows of previous years’ awardees can be found online at springfieldpreservation.org/preservation-awards.