Chamber Corners: Upcoming Events
Western Massachusetts Chambers of Commerce events August 10, 2015
AFFILIATED CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE OF GREATER SPRINGFIELD
• Sept. 2: ACCGS September [email protected], 7:15-9 a.m., at the Sheraton Springfield, One Monarch Place. The program will be “Vision 2017 Dream Big: The Future of Springfield,” featuring Kevin Kennedy, Springfield’s chief development officer. Commuters traveling via high-speed rail … fans packing a baseball stadium … sunbathers lounging at the urban beachfront. Can you dream that big? For more information, call Sarah Mazzaferro at (413) 755-1313. Cost: $20 for members in advance, $25 for members at the door, $30 for non-members.
• Sept. 16: ACCGS September 2015 Speed Networking, 3:30-5 p.m. at Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing, 807 Wilbraham Road, Springfield. Network in a fast-paced, round-robin format, then stay for the After 5. Speed Networking admission includes admission to the After 5. For more information, call Sarah Mazzaferro at (413) 755-1313. Cost: $20 for members in advance), $25 for members at the door, $25 for non-members.
• Sept. 16: ACCGS September 2015 After 5, 5-7 p.m., at Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing, 807 Wilbraham Road, Springfield. Say goodbye to summer at the lake. For more information, call Sarah Mazzaferro at (413) 755-1313. Cost: $5 for members, $10 for non-members.
• Sept. 22: ACCGS September 2015 Pastries, Politics, and Policies, 8-9 a.m., at the TD Bank Conference Center, 1441 Main St., Springfield. Featuring state Sen. Benjamin Downing, chair of the Joint Committee on Telecommunications, Utilities, and Energy. For more information, call Sarah Mazzaferro at (413) 755-1313. Cost: $15 for members, $25 for non-members.
AMHERST AREA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• August 12: Chamber After 5 Lady Bea Riverboat Cruise, 5-7 p.m., at Brunelle’s Marina, 1 Alvord St., South Hadley. Come take a cruise on the Lady Bea Riverboat at our August After 5 networking event. The Lady Bea features both inside seating and outside sun decks that attendees can explore while spending an evening on the Connecticut River. Sponsored by Alden Credit Union. Cost: $25 for members, $30 for guests.
GREATER CHICOPEE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• August 20: Mornings with The Mayor, 8-9 a.m., at Porter & Chester Institute, 134 Dulong Circle, Chicopee. Coffee and light refreshments will be served while Mayor Richard Kos provides updates about what’s happening in Chicopee and other topics that impact the Greater Chicopee area. If there’s a particular issue on which you’d like the mayor to speak, submit your questions by Aug. 17 to [email protected] This event is for chamber members only and is free, but registration is required so that the host business knows how many will be attending.
• Sept. 10: Auction/Beer & Wine Tasting, 6-9 p.m., at the Delaney House, 3 Country Club Road, Holyoke.
• Sept. 16: September Salute Breakfast, 7:15-9 a.m., at LifePoint Baptist Church, 603 New Ludlow Road, Chicopee.
GREATER EASTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• August 10: Monday Morning with the Mayor, 8-9 a.m., at A-Z Storage & Properties, 165 Northampton Street, Easthampton. This is your opportunity to bring your questions to Mayor Karen Cadieux for casual conversation and direct answers. This event is free and open to the public.
• August 13: Networking by Night, 5-7 p.m., at Freedom Credit Union, 422B Main St., Easthampton. Join us along with our hosts, Freedom Credit Union & Wireless Zone of Easthampton, for a night of networking and meeting new friends. Cost: $10 for members, $15 for non-members.
GREATER HOLYOKE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 16: Annual Clambake 2015, 5-7 p.m., at Holyoke Country Club, One Country Club Road. Treat your client to golf or make this your employee appreciation dinner. Purchase Clambake tickets in advance and play golf (with cart) for $15. Jazz on the patio by Simmer Music. Prize packages auction; win a chance to enter a hole-in-one putting contest to win $1,000. Cost: $35 per ticket, with a 10% discount for seven or more tickets.
• Sept. 17: Leadership Holyoke 2015-16, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., city tour. Meet at Holyoke Community College, and tour the Massachusetts Green High Performance Computing Center. Get an overview of community demographics and history, and meet community leaders. A series of seven days comprise Leadership Holyoke 2015-16. Faculty members from HCC will participate as instructors and facilitators. Community leaders will participate as speakers and discussion leaders. Program locations subject to change. Objectives include developing a pool of emerging leaders, supporting individuals to increase their potential by acquiring new skills, and networking with community and business leaders. The program will teach participants to apply skills in an organizational setting, expand the individual’s problem-solving methods, skills, and strategies for achieving change; explore leadership styles that are critical to the effective service of potential volunteers; and give participants an in-depth look at the community’s resources, assets, challenges, and opportunities. For business people learning to become community leaders, tuition is $595, due at the start of the course. The fee also covers continental breakfasts, the graduation luncheon, and a trip to the State House in Boston.
GREATER NORTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 9: Northampton Chamber Monthly [email protected], 5-7 p.m., at the Academy of Music. Arrive when you can, stay as long as you can. A casual mix and mingle with your colleagues and friends. Sponsored by Thornes Marketplace, Johnson & Hill Staffing Service, and BusinessWest. Cost: $10 for members.
• Sept. 15: 2015 Workshop: “Spicing up Your PowerPoint Presentations,” 9-11 a.m., at the Greater Northampton Chamber of Commerce, 99 Pleasant St., Northampton. Presented by Pioneer Training. This workshop will focus on using PowerPoint features to take a presentation beyond a simple set of bulleted slides. You’ll learn to how to change slide layouts and designs easily and how to add tables, Smart Art, graphic effects, sound effects, and video to your presentation. You’ll also learn to work with master slides to make global changes to a presentation easily. The workshop will also focus on adding animations to text and objects on slides, as well as adding transitions between slides. You’ll learn how to rehearse the presentation and keep track of timing, how to annotate slides during a presentation, and a variety of handy shortcuts to use while giving a presentation. The workshop will also cover the options for printing a presentation, including how to print notes pages for the presenter and workshop participants. You’ll also learn how to add charts to a presentation, as well as a series of do’s and don’ts for effective presentation design. Participants are encouraged, but not required, to bring laptops and follow along with the instructor. Cost: $20 for members, $30 for non-members. RSVP is required, and space is limited. To register, e-mail [email protected]
GREATER WESTFIELD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 9: September After 5 Connection, 5-7 p.m., at Tekoa Country Club, 459 Russell Road, Westfield. Refreshments will be served. Bring your business cards and make connections. To register, call Pam at the chamber office at (413) 568-1618. Cost: $10 for members, $15 cash for non-members.
• Sept. 14: Mayor’s Coffee Hour, 8-9 a.m. Join us for our monthly Mayor’s Coffee Hour with Westfield Mayor Dan Knapik, hosted by Mestek. This event is free and open to the public. Call Pam at the chamber office at (413) 568-1618 to register for this event so we may give our host a head count.
• Sept. 18: September Chamber Breakfast, 7-9 a.m., at the 104th Fighter Wing ANG, 175 Falcon Dr., Westfield. Platinum sponsor: Baystate Noble Hospital. Gold sponsor: United Bank. Silver sponsor: United Way of Pioneer Valley. For more information or to donate a raffle item, call Pam at the chamber at (413) 568-1618.
WEST OF THE RIVER CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• August 17: West of the River Chamber of Commerce Annual Golf Tournament at the Ranch Golf Course, Southwick. Schedule: 11:30 a.m.: registration; noon: lunch; 1p.m.: shotgun start/scramble format. Cost: golf and dinner, $125. For more information and tickets, call the chamber office at (413) 426-3880, or e-mail [email protected]
• Sept. 2: Wicked Wednesday, 5:30-7:30 p.m., at Cutting Edge Salon, Feeding Hills. Wicked Wednesdays are monthly social events, hosted by various businesses and restaurants. These events bring members and non-members together to network in a laid-back atmosphere. For more information and tickets, contact the chamber office at (413) 426-3880, or e-mail [email protected]
• Sept. 17: Networking Lunch, noon to 1:30 p.m., at Crestview Country Club in Agawam. Must be a member or guest of a member to attend. Enjoy a sit-down lunch while networking with fellow chamber members. Each attendee will get a chance to offer a brief sales pitch. The only cost to attend is the cost of lunch. Attendees will order off the menu and pay separately the day of the event. Please note, we cannot invoice you for these events. For more information, call the chamber office at (413) 426-3880, or e-mail [email protected]
• Sept. 24: Breakfast Seminar, 7-9 a.m., at Oakridge Country Club, Feeding Hills. Admission: $25 for chamber members, $30 for non-members. For more information and tickets, call the chamber office at (413) 426-3880, or e-mail [email protected]