Chamber Corners October 3, 2016
AMHERST AREA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Oct. 19: Chamber After 5, 5-7 p.m., at the Hitchcock Center, 845 West St., Amherst. Sponsored by Encharter Insurance and UMassFive College Federal Credit Union. Join the chamber and celebrate the new, 9,000-square-foot Hitchcock Center opening. This will be New England’s first public environmental education center to meet the Living Building Challenge. Cost: $10 for members, $15 for non-members. Register online at www.amherstarea.com.
• Oct. 27: Chamber Legislative Breakfast, 7:15-9 a.m., at the Lord Jeffery Inn, 30 Boltwood Ave., Amherst. Sponsored by Eversource. The annual legislative breakfast brings together legislators, local officials, and business leaders to network and discuss current and upcoming policy issues. Guest speakers: Senate President Stan Rosenberg, Lt. Gov. Karyn Polito, and state Reps. Ellen Story and John Scibak. Cost: $15 for members, $20 for non-members. Register online at www.amherstarea.com.
FRANKLIN COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Oct. 6: Business Basics Workshop, 9-11 a.m., at the Franklin County Chamber of Commerce, 395 Main St., Greenfield – Masonic Hall Condominium Building. This free workshop, presented by Allen Kronick, senior business advisor, Massachusetts Small Business Development Center Network Western Regional Office, will focus on business fundamentals, from startup considerations to business-plan development and funding sources. It is designed for owners of existing businesses as well as those who are planning to start one. Cost: free. Register online at www.franklincc.org.
• Oct. 7: “Grow Your Business with E-mail & Social Media,” 9:30 a.m. to noon, at the Greenfield Community College Downtown Center, 270 Main St., Greenfield. Join Liz Provo, authorized local expert for Constant Contact, as she helps you learn how to create a marketing strategy that combines e-mail and social media for maximum results. Cost: $5. Register online at www.franklincc.org.
• Oct. 18: Free Legal Clinic, noon to 3:30 p.m., at the Franklin County Chamber of Commerce, 395 Main St., Greenfield – Masonic Hall Condominium Building. The Western Mass Regional office of the MSBDC announced that the law firms of WMassBizLaw have offered to hold a free legal clinic. Individuals, entrepreneurs, and small-business owners will have the opportunity to meet one-on-one for 30 minutes with attorney Sarah Willey to discuss general legal questions such as corporate structure, leases, contracts, insurance, employment, franchising, and various other business-related issues. Cost: free. Register online at www.franklincc.org.
GREATER CHICOPEE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Oct. 4: Table Top Expo & Business Networking Event, 4:30-7 p.m., at the Castle of Knights, 1599 Memorial Dr., Chicopee. Hosted by the Greater Chicopee, Greater Holyoke, Greater Westfield, and Springfield Regional Chambers of Commerce. With approximately 120 businesses represented and 400 visitors, the Table Top Expo and Business Networking Event is an excellent marketing tool for area businesses. Cost: $125 for an exhibitor table (includes two tickets), $5 for pre-registered admission. Register online at www.chicopeechamber.org.
• Oct. 14: Auction/Wine & Beer Tasting, 6-9 p.m., at Hadley Farms Meeting House, 41 Russell St., Hadley. Country chic theme with entertainment by Sarah the Fiddler. Cost: $40, or $35 each for two or more. Register online at www.chicopeechamber.org.
• Oct. 19: October Salute Breakfast, 7:15-9 a.m., at Summit View Banquet & Meeting House, 555 Northampton St., Holyoke. Cost: $23 for members, $28 for non-members. Register online at www.chicopeechamber.org.
• Oct. 26: Business After Hours, 5-7 p.m., at the Arbors at Chicopee, 929 Memorial Dr., Chicopee. Oktoberfest theme with band, food, and cash bar. Cost: $10 for members, $15 for non-members. Register online at www.chicopeechamber.org.
GREATER EASTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Oct. 13: Networking by Night, 5-7 p.m., at Fort Hill Brewery. Sponsored by Advanced Restoration Group. An evening of connecting and business building. Cost: $10 for members, $15 for non-members. Register online at www.easthamptonchamber.org, or by calling the Chamber of Greater Easthampton at (413) 527-9414.
• Oct. 19: Medallion Speaker Forum Fall, noon to 1:30 p.m. Hosted by Innovative Business Systems, 161 Northampton St., Easthampton. State Rep. John Scibak joins the forum and gives his insight on how you can be most effective when you need to be. Cost includes boxed lunch from Riff’s Joint. Space is limited. For additional information, e-mail [email protected] Cost: $20. Register online at www.easthamptonchamber.org or by calling the chamber at (413) 527-9414.
• Nov. 9: Hampshire County Business Bash, 5-7 p.m., at the Lord Jeffery Inn, Amherst. A tri-chamber business-expo networking event. Enjoy business building, networking, complementary appetizers, cash bar, and local brewery beer tasting. Cost: $10 for members, $15 for non-members. Register online at www.easthamptonchamber.org or by calling the chamber at (413) 527-9414.
GREATER HOLYOKE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Oct. 12: Chamber Business Development / Salute Breakfast, 7:30-9 a.m., hosted by Slainte, 80 Jarvis Ave., Holyoke. Sponsored by PeoplesBank, Holyoke Gas & Electric, and Northeast IT Systems Inc. Join emcees Steven Grande of the Holyoke Mayor’s Industrial Development Association Committee and Dawn Creighton of Associated Industries of Massachusetts as they present area staffing agents and job trainers to discuss means of future workforce education and job readiness. Speakers include David Gadaire of CareerPoint, Tricia Canavan of United Personnel, and Kevin Smith of U.S. Tsubaki. Salutes include Expert Staffing, the Neari School, Skoller, Abbott & Presser, GBS Brows, the 99 Restaurant, the Jamrog Group, Applebee’s, Arte Sana, and KnoxworkX Multimedia. Tickets include a buffet breakfast. Cost: $25 for members with advance reservations and $30 for non-member guests and walk-ins. Reservations may be made online at holyokechamber.com.
• Oct. 19: Chamber After Hours, 5-7 p.m. Hosted and sponsored by Westfield Bank, 1642 Northampton St., Holyoke. The Greater Holyoke Chamber of Commerce invites you to an evening of casual networking. Cost: $10 for members, $15 for non-members. Register online at www.holyokechamber.com.
• Oct. 21: Leadership Holyoke, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., presented by the Greater Holyoke Chamber of Commerce, PeoplesBank, and Holyoke Community College. Meet at PeoplesBank corporate offices, 330 Whitney Ave., Holyoke. A leadership series with HCC faculty members participating as instructors and facilitators. Community leaders will participate as speakers.
• Oct. 26: Holyoke Chamber Business Person of the Year/Volunteer of the Year Award Dinner, 6-8 p.m., hosted by Delaney House, 3 Country Club Road, Holyoke. A celebratory dinner honoring the 2016 Business Person of the Year and the Henry A. Fifield Volunteer of the Year. Networking and cocktails at 6 p.m. with full-course dinner and awards to follow. Cost: $60. Register online at holyokechamber.com or call the chamber at (413) 534-3376
GREATER NORTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Oct. 5: Arrive @ 5, 5-7 p.m., sponsored by Innovative Business Systems Inc., Pioneer Training, and Florence Bank. This the networking event you don’t want to miss. More than 300 attendees are expected, with food donated by our member restaurants and cold brews donated by the Northampton Brewery. Call chamber for location. Cost: $10 for members. To register, visit www.explorenorthampton.com, call (413) 584-1900, or e-mail [email protected]
• Oct. 28: 2016 New Member Orientation, 3-4 p.m., at the chamber offices, 99 Pleasant St., Northampton. This is the chance to tell us more about your business and how the chamber can best serve you. Meet other new members and learn how to make the most of your chamber membership. Cost: Free. RSVP to (413) 584-1900 or [email protected]
GREATER WESTFIELD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Oct. 3: Mayor’s Coffee Hour, 8-9 a.m., at the American Inn, One Sawmill Park, Westfield. Join us for our monthly Mayor’s Coffee Hour with Westfield Mayor Brian Sullivan. This event is free and open to the public. Call Pam at the chamber office at (413) 568-1618 to register for this event so we may give our host a head count.
• Oct. 12: Oktoberfest After 5 Connection, 5-7 p.m., at East Mountain Country Club, 1458 East Mountain Road, Westfield. Bring your business cards for our annual speed connecting. Refreshments will be served. Cost: $10 for members, $15 cash for non-members. To register, call (413) 568-1618. As this event gets closer, an online registration will be made available.
SOUTH HADLEY & GRANBY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Oct. 19: James E. Hartley, PhD, professor of Economics at Mount Holyoke College, speaks at 7:30 a.m., at the Willits-Hallowell Conference Center at Mount Holyoke. Hartley will speak on the economy. A buffet breakfast will be provided. Cost: $22 for members, $27 for non-members. E-mail [email protected] to RSVP.
WEST OF THE RIVER CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Oct. 5: Wicked Wednesday, 5:30-7:30 p.m., at Cyber Exchange, West Springfield. Wicked Wednesdays are monthly social events, hosted by various businesses and restaurants, that bring members and non-members together to network in a laid-back atmosphere. For more information about this event, call the chamber office at (413) 426-3880, or register at www.westoftheriverchamber.com.
• Oct. 26: Food Fest West, 5:30-8 p.m., at Crestview Country Club, Agawam. The event will feature the foods of area restaurants including Chez Josef, Crestview Country Club, Partner’s, and many more. Proceeds raised by Food Fest West will go toward the Partnership for Education and the WRC Educational Fund, which provides grants to businesses for on-the-job training and continuing-education needs. Cost: $25 in advance, $35 at the door. Tickets may be purchased at www.westoftheriverchamber.com.