Chamber Corners: Upcoming Events
• Feb. 12-March 26: Leadership Institute 2015, to be staged Thursdays, 1-4:30 p.m., between Feb. 12 and March 26. The opening session will be held at Sheraton Springfield, One Monarch Place, Springfield, and all remaining sessions will be held at TD Bank Conference Center, 1441 Main St., Springfield. In partnership with Western New England University, this seven-week program is designed to teach mid- and upper-level managers the crucial thinking and problem solving skills needed to enable them to be effective leaders in service to the community and in their workplaces and designed to develop high energy and high involvement leadership. Sponsored by MassMutual with scholarship support from the Irene E. and George A. Davis Foundation. For information, contact Kara Cavanaugh at [email protected]
• Feb. 27: Outlook 2015, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., MassMutual Center, Springfield. Featuring Gov. Charlie Baker and special guests including U.S. Rep. Richard Neal. Presenting sponsor: Health New England. Platinum sponsors: Eastern States Exposition, United Personnel, MassMutual Financial Group, MGM Springfield. Program/reception sponsors: Comcast, Sisters of Providence Health System, the Republican, Eversource. Gold sponsors: BusinessWest and Chicopee Savings Bank. Tickets are $50 for chamber members, $70 for general admission. Tables of 10 are available. Reservation deadline: Feb. 20. No walk-ins accepted. No cancellations after reservation deadline. Reservations must be made in advance. To register, visit www.myonlinechamber.com or e-mail Sarah Mazzaferro at [email protected]
GREATER CHICOPEE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Feb. 11: CEO Luncheon, 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Hosted by Collegian Court Restaurant, 89 Park St., Chicopee. Tickets are $25 members, $30 for non-members.
• Feb. 18: February Salute Breakfast & Annual Meeting, 7:15-9 a.m., at the MassMutual Learning & Conference Center, Chicopee. Tickets are $23 for members, $29 for non-members.
GREATER EASTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Feb. 9: Getting Down to Business about Business, 8-9 a.m., on the second Monday of each month. Mayor Karen Cadieux will be hosted by one of Easthampton’s businesses for casual question-and-answer sessions.
• Feb. 14: Second annual Easthampton WinterFest, starting at 11 a.m. The Nashawannuck Pond Steering Committee and Greater Easthampton Chamber of Commerce invite you to the second annual Easthampton WinterFest. This community-wide event features family-friendly winter activities held throughout the day, featuring an historical ice harvest on Nashawannuck Pond, horse-drawn wagon rides, snowshoeing, snow sculpture, a chili cook-off, a community bonfire, and much more. There will also be winter-themed indoor activities for all ages. Most events are free or by donation. A lineup of the day’s events will be posted on www.nashawannuckpond.org.
GREATER HOLYOKE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Feb. 18: Chamber After Hours, 5-7 p.m. Business networking event includes complimentary appetizers, 50/50 raffle, and door prizes. Sponsored and hosted by Gary Rome Hyundai, 1000 Main St., Holyoke. Tickets are $10 for members, $15 for the public. Call the chamber at (413) 534-3376 or sign up online at holyokechamber.com.
• Feb. 24: “How to Start and Maintain Your Business: Marketing Your Business,” 5:30-7:30 p.m., at the chamber conference room, 177 High St. This program, the latest in a series, will provide all you need to know about designing a logo, branding your business, advertising opportunities, social media, and developing a website. Tickets are $20. Series sponsors: PeoplesBank, Common Capital, Mass Cultural Council/the Artery in partnership with Holyoke Creative Arts. Call the Holyoke chamber at (413) 534-3376 to sign up or online at holyokechamber.com.
GREATER WESTFIELD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Feb. 11: February After 5 Connection, 5-7 p.m., at Betts Piping Supply Co., 14 Coleman Ave., Westfield. For more information, contact the chamber at (413) 568-1618.
PROFESSIONAL WOMEN’S CHAMBER
• Feb. 10: Ladies Night, 5-7 p.m., at It’s All About Me!, 2 Somers Road, Hampden. Enjoy complimentary wine and refreshments. Reservations are complimentary but required. Contact Gwen Burke at (413) 237-8840 or [email protected] The Professional Women’s Chamber is an affiliate of the Affiliated Chambers of Commerce of Greater Springfield.
WEST OF THE RIVER CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Feb. 19: Networking Lunch, noon to 1:30 p.m., at Lattitude, 1338 Memorial Ave., West Springfield. One must be a member or guest of a member to attend. Enjoy a sit-down lunch while networking with fellow chamber members. Each attendee will get a chance to offer a brief sales pitch. The only cost to attend is the cost of your lunch. Attendees will order off the menu and pay separately the day of the event. Please note that we cannot invoice you for these events. For more information, contact the chamber office at (413) 426-3880 or e-mail [email protected]
• Feb. 25: Legislative Breakfast, 7-9 a.m., at Storrowton Tavern, 1305 Memorial Ave., West Springfield. The breakfast will feature a panel of various leaders, including state Sen. James Welch, state Sen. Donald Humason, Agawam Mayor Richard Cohen, and West Springfield Mayor Edward Sullivan. Tickets are $25 for members, $30 for non-members. For more information on ticket sales, contact the chamber office at (413) 426-3880 or e-mail [email protected]