Chamber Corners: Upcoming Events
AFFILIATED CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE OF GREATER SPRINGFIELD
• June 3: [email protected], 7:15-9 a.m., hosted by Springfield College, Richard B. Flynn Campus Union, 263 Alden St., Springfield. Sponsored by United Personnel and Wolf & Company, P.C. Celebrate success at the last ACCGS [email protected] of the 2014-15 season. Includes presentation of “A Year in Review” and the Richard J. Moriarty Citizen of the Year Award. Cost: $20 for members ($25 at the door), $30 for general admission.
AMHERST AREA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• June 24: After 5, 5-7 p.m., hosted by J.F. Conlon, 29 University Dr., Amherst. Sponsored in part by J.F. Conlon & Associates. Cost: $10 for members, $15 for non-members. Register online at www.amherstarea.com or call the chamber office at (413) 253-0700.
GREATER CHICOPEE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• June 13: 5K Road Race/2-mile Walk. Cost: $25, $15 for kids 12 and under. Registration includes T-shirt and free lunch provided by the Munich Haus.
• June 17: Breakfast & Health Fair, American Red Cross Blood Drive, hosted by Castle of Knights, 1599 Memorial Dr., Chicopee. Exhibitor space available: $125 per table for members, $175 for non-members.
• June 18: Mornings With the Mayor, 8-9 a.m., hosted by Willimansett Center West, 546 Chicopee St., Chicopee. Free for chamber members.
• June 24: Business After Hours, 5-7 p.m., hosted by Wireless Zone, 601E Memorial Dr., Chicopee. Cost: $10 for members, $15 for non-members.
GREATER EASTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• June 1: Greater Easthampton and Greater Holyoke Chambers of Commerce 2014 Collaborative Networking Event. Register online at www.easthamptonchamber.org or call Denise at (413) 527-9414.
• June 8: Monday Morning with the Mayor, 8-9 a.m., hosted by Easthampton Savings Bank, Financial Services. Enter via Campus Lane entrance, 36 Main St., Easthampton. This is your opportunity to bring your questions to Mayor Karen Cadieux for casual conversation and direct answers. Register online at www.easthamptonchamber.org or call Denise at (413) 527-9414.
• June 18: Speaker Breakfast, 7:30-9 a.m., hosted by Williston Northampton School, 19 Payson Ave., Easthampton. Join us for breakfast and educational discussion with keynote speaker Tim Brennan, Pioneer Valley Planning Commission executive director, regarding the regional impact and importance of the North South Rail Project. Register online at www.easthamptonchamber.org or call Denise at (413) 527-9414.
GREATER HOLYOKE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• June 19: 125th Anniversary Gala Ball, hosted by the Log Cabin, 500 Easthampton Road, Holyoke. Cocktails at 6 p.m., dinner at 7 p.m. Enjoy an elegant meal and dance to the music of the Floyd Patterson Band. Join Marcotte Ford as one of the major event sponsors by calling (413) 34-3376. Event is open to the public, More details to follow.
GREATER NORTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• June 3: June Arrive @ 5, 5-7 p.m., hosted by Mineral Hills Winery, 592 Sylvester Road, Florence. Sponsored by Keiter Builders. Cost: $10 for members. For more information or to register, contact the chamber at (413) 584-1900.
• June 12: 2015 Workshop: “Using Excel Pivot Tables to Analyze Your Business’ Data,” 9-11 a.m., hosted by Greater Northampton Chamber of Commerce, 99 Pleasant St., Northampton. Presented by Pioneer Training. Pivot tables are Excel’s most powerful tool for data analysis. A pivot table lets you easily separate data by various criteria into rows and columns in order to extract significant information from large, complex data sets. In this workshop, you’ll learn how to create and customize pivot tables using your own data. Participants are encouraged to bring laptops and follow along with the instructor, but this is not required. Admission: $20 for members, $30 for non-members. Pre-registration is required; space is limited. To register, visit [email protected]
• June 26: 2015 Workshop: “Microsoft Excel: Tips, Tricks & Shortcuts in Microsoft Excel,” 9-11 a.m., hosted by Greater Northampton Chamber of Commerce, 99 Pleasant St., Northampton. Presented by Pioneer Training. This workshop will present our favorite tips, tricks, and shortcuts that we have collected and developed over 15 years of teaching and using Microsoft Excel. Participants are encouraged to bring laptops and follow along with the instructor, but this is not required. Admission: $20 for members, $30 for non-members. Pre-registration is required; space is limited. To register, visit [email protected]
GREATER WESTFIELD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• June 1: June Mayor’s Coffee Hour, 8-9 a.m., hosted by Westfield Vocational Technical High School, 33 Smith Ave., Westfield. Free and open to the public. Register by calling (413) 568-1618.
• June 10: June After 5 Connection, 5-7 p.m., hosted by Westfield Bank, 462 College Highway, Southwick. Sponsored by Southwick Tae Kwon Do. Cost: $10 for members, $15 cash for non-members. Refreshments will be served. Bring your business cards and make connections. Register online at www.westfieldbiz.org.
• June 16: Eat & Educate: “Employee-sponsored Retirement and Benefit Programs,” 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., hosted by Westfield Bank, 141 Elm St., Westfield. Presented by Shawn Torres, MBA, Westfield Wealth Management and Westfield Bank. Cost: free for chamber members, $30 for non-members. RSVP is required; space is limited. Call Pam at the chamber at (413) 568-1618 to register.
• June 19: Chamber Breakfast, 7:15 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. Hosted by The Ranch Golf Club, 65 Sunnyside Road, Southwick. Platinum sponsor: Mestek. Golf sponsor: Berkshire Bank. Silver sponsor: First Niagara and Prolamina. Cost: $25 for members, $30 for non-members. Golf special: Registered attendees of the breakfast can golf at a discounted rate of only $65 at the Ranch Golf Club following the breakfast. Call Bill Rosenblum, golf pro, to register at (413) 569-9333, ext. 3. For more information on sponsorships, to register, or to donate a raffle prize, call Pam at the chamber at (413) 568-1618.
• June 22: Social Security Workshop: “Make Social Security Work for You,” 4:30-5:30 p.m., hosted by Holiday Inn Express, 39 Southampton Road, Westfield. Sponsored by Renaissance Advisory Services, LLC. Guest speaker: William Sheehan, district manager (retired), Springfield Social Security Office. Before you retire, ask questions: when should I begin Social Security? Do I plan to keep working? Will all my expenses be covered? What will my beneficiaries receive? Learn about Social Security strategies that may fit into your overall plan. Cost: free for chamber members, $30 for non-members.
NORTHAMPTON AREA YOUNG PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY
• June 11: Nonprofit Board Fair, 5 p.m., hosted by Union Station, 125A Pleasant St., Northampton. Nonprofits count on volunteers to lead them to success. Join us for the fifth-annual Nonprofit Board Fair, a signature event featuring organizations from throughout the Pioneer Valley whose leadership will be on hand to speak to about opportunities to serve on their boards of directors. In addition, there will be a cash bar, hors d’oeuvres, and raffle prizes. Sponsors and partners: Florence Bank, the Community Foundation of Western Massachusetts, and WGBY public television. Register online at www.thenayp.com.
WEST OF THE RIVER CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• June 3: Wicked Wednesday, 5:30-7:30 p.m., hosted By Lattitude, 1338 Memorial Ave., West Springfield. Cost: free for chamber members, $10 at the door for non-members. Event is open to the public. Wicked Wednesdays are monthly social events, hosted by various businesses and restaurants, that bring members and non-members together to network in a laid-back atmosphere. For more information, call the chamber office at (413) 426-3880 or e-mail [email protected]
• June 18: Annual Breakfast Meeting, 7-9 a.m., hosted By Chez Josef, Agawam. Sponsored by OMG, Ormsby Insurance, and Development Associates. Event will kick off with the welcoming of new chairman Chuck Kelly and the incoming WRC board of directors. Cost: $25 for chamber members, $30 for non-members. For more information and for tickets, call the chamber office at (413) 426-3880 or e-mail [email protected]