Chamber Corners: Upcoming Events
GREATER CHICOPEE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• June 2: “Spicing Up Your PowerPoint Presentations,” 8:30-10:30 a.m., hosted by La Quinta Inn & Suites, 100 Congress St., Springfield. Cost: $40 for members, $50 for non-members.
• June 17: Third annual Champions of Chicopee 5K and 2-mile walk, starting at the Portuguese American Club, 149 Exchange St., Chicopee. Registration is at 7:45 a.m., and race begins at 9:30 a.m. Cost: $25 per runner/walker, $15 for kids 12 and under. Each participant receives a T-shirt (if registered by June 3) and lunch at the Munich Haus. Part of the proceeds will benefit the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) in memory of Nathan Dumas of Lucky Design + Media. Sponsored by Munich Haus, PeoplesBank, Holyoke Medical Center, Polish National Credit Union, Westfield Bank, First American Insurance Agency Inc., Insurance Center of New England, and MedExpress Urgent Care.
• June 21: Salute Breakfast, 7:15-9 a.m., hosted by Munich Haus Restaurant, 13 Center St., Chicopee. Cost: $23 for members, $28 for non-members.
• June 29: Business After Hours, 4:30-6:30 p.m., hosted by Valley Blue Sox, Mackenzie Stadium, Holyoke. Game time: 6:35 p.m. Cost: $10 for members, $15 for non-members.
GREATER EASTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• June 6: Networking by Night, 5-7 p.m., “Move the Mountain” with the Greater Holyoke Chamber of Commerce, hosted by New City Brewery, 180 Pleasant St., Easthampton. Sponsored by Finck & Perras Insurance Agency Inc. and Westfield Bank. Cost: $10 for members, $15 for non-members. Refreshments will be available. For more information, call the Easthampton Chamber office at (413) 527-9414 or the Holyoke Chamber office at (413) 534-3376.
• June 28: Speaker Breakfast: “Why Ping-pong Tables Do Not Define Your Business Culture,” 7:30-9 a.m., hosted by Williston Northampton School, 19 Payson Ave., Easthampton. Featured guest speaker: Tim Retting of Cincinnati-based InTrust. Sponsored by BusinessWest, Easthampton Savings Bank, Finck & Perras Insurance Agency Inc., Innovative Business Systems Inc., United Personnel, and Williston Northampton School.
• July 13: Networking by Night featuring the Oxbow Water Ski Team, 5-7 p.m., hosted by Oxbow Marina, Old Springfield Road, Northampton. Sponsored by BusinessWest, Fleury’s Outdoor Equipment Inc., and American Boat Restoration. Cost: $10 for members, $15 for non-members.
• July 28: The Chamber Island Golf Tournament, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., hosted by Southampton Country Club. Visit www.easthamptonchamber.org for additional information.
GREATER HOLYOKE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• June 6: Networking by Night, 5-7 p.m., “Move the Mountain” with the Greater Easthampton Chamber of Commerce, hosted by New City Brewery, 180 Pleasant St., Easthampton. Sponsored by Finck & Perras Insurance Agency Inc. and Westfield Bank. Cost: $10 for members, $15 for non-members. Refreshments will be available. For more information, call the Holyoke Chamber office at (413) 534-3376 or the Easthampton Chamber office at (413) 527-9414.
• June 14: Greater Holyoke Chamber of Commerce Year in Review and Award Winner Announcements, 7:30-9 a.m., hosted by Wyckoff Country Club, 233 Easthampton Road, Holyoke. Sponsored by the Greater Holyoke Chamber of Commerce Corporate Leaders. Networking, buffet, and announcement of 2017 Business Person of the Year and the Fifield Volunteer Award winners. Cost: $35. The public is invited to attend. Visit holyokechamber.com to register
• June 21: Chamber After Hours, 5-7 p.m., sponsored and hosted by Slainte Restaurant, 80 Jarvis Ave., Holyoke. Mix and mingle with your friends and colleagues at this casual networking event. Refreshments will be available. Cost: $10 for members, $15 for non-members. Sign up at holyokechamber.com.
GREATER NORTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• June 7: June Arrive @ 5, 5-7 p.m., at ConVino, 101 Armory St, Northampton. Sponsors: Keiter Builders and MassDevelopment. Networking event. Cost: $10 for members.
• June 23: “Microsoft Excel: Tips, Tricks & Shortcuts,” 9-11 a.m., at the Northampton Chamber of Commerce, 99 Pleasant St., Northampton. Presented by Pioneer Training. Pre-registration is required; space is limited. To register, visit [email protected] Cost: $35 for members, $45 for non-members.
• July 12: [email protected], 5-7p.m., hosted by Three Sisters Sanctuary, 188A Cape St., Goshen. Sponsored by BusinessWest. Cost: $10 for members.
• Sept. 13: [email protected], 5-7 p.m., hosted by Family Legacy Partners, 48 Round Hill Road, Suite 2, Northampton. Sponsored by Coldwell Banker Upton-Massamont Realtors. Cost: $10 for members.
GREATER WESTFIELD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• June 1: Workshop: “Non-Compete Agreements,” 8:30-10 a.m., hosted by Holiday Inn Express, 39 Southampton Road, Westfield. Attorneys Mary Jo Kennedy and Ryan Barry from Bulkley, Richardson & Gelinas, LLP will present on the subject of non-compete agreements. Topics will include the circumstances in which non-compete agreements arise, non-solicitation and non-disclosure agreements, how to structure non-compete agreements, limitations on the enforceability of non-compete agreements, recent cases discussing non-compete agreements; proposed legislation regarding non-compete agreements; and alternatives to non-compete agreements. A question-and-answer session will follow the presentation. Cost: free for members, $30 for non-members (cash or credit paid at the door or in advance). Light refreshments will be served. Online registration is available at www.westfieldbiz.org. For more information, call Pam at the chamber at (413) 568-1618.
• June 5: June Mayor’s Coffee Hour, 8-9 a.m., hosted by Stanley Park, 400 Western Ave., Westfield. Join us for our monthly Mayor’s Coffee Hour with Westfield Mayor Brian Sullivan. This event is free and open to the public. Call the Chamber office at (413) 568-1618 to register for this event so we may give our host a head count.
• June 9: June Breakfast featuring Secretary Jay Ash, 7-9 a.m., hosted by Westfield State University in Scanlon Hall, 577 Western Ave., Westfield. Sponsored by Westfield State University (platinum) and Westfield Gas & Electric (gold). Come hear Jay Ash, secretary of Housing and Economic Development for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, at the Greater Westfield Chamber of Commerce June Breakfast. Cost: $25 for members, $30 for non-members (paid in advance). There will be a 50/50 raffle to benefit the chamber’s CSF – Dollars for Scholars fund. Online registration is available at www.westfieldbiz.org. For more information, call Pam at the chamber at (413) 568-1618.
• June 14: June After 5 Connection, 5-7 p.m., hosted by Westfield Bank, 462 College Highway, Southwick. Our kickoff to summer is a celebration with a cookout. Refreshments will be served. There will be a 50/50 Raffle to benefit the chamber’s CSF – Dollars for Scholars fund. Bring your business cards and make connections. Cost: Free for members, $10 for non-members (cash or credit paid at the door). Online registration is available at www.westfieldbiz.org. For more information, call Pam at the chamber at (413) 568-1618.
PROFESSIONAL WOMEN’S CHAMBER
• June 1: Professional Women’s Chamber Woman of the Year Dinner honoring Jacqueline Charron of PeoplesBank, 5:30 p.m., hosted by Storrowton Tavern Carriage House, 1305 Memorial Ave., West Springfield. Cost: $55.
SPRINGFIELD REGIONAL CHAMBER
• June 7: [email protected], Annual Meeting honoring the Richard J. Moriarty Citizen of the Year, 7:15-9 a.m., hosted by Flynn Campus Union, Springfield College, 263 Alden St., Springfield. Cost: $22.50 for members in advance ($25 at the door), $30 for non-members in advance ($35 at the door).
• June 14: After 5 on the Riverfront, 5-7 p.m., hosted by Pioneer Valley Riverfront Club, North Riverfront Park, 121 West St., Springfield. Cost: $5 for members, $10 for non-members. Sponsorship opportunities are available. Register online for events at www.springfieldregionalchamber.com or e-mail [email protected] for more information.
WEST OF THE RIVER CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• June 7: Wicked Wednesday, 5:30-7:30 p.m., hosted by Lattitude, 1338 Memorial Ave., West Springfield. Wicked Wednesdays are monthly social events, hosted by various businesses and restaurants, that bring members and non-members together to network in a laid-back atmosphere. For more information about this event, call the chamber office at (413) 426-3880, or register at www.westoftheriverchamber.com.
• June 15: Annual Meeting and Business Grant Drawing, 7-9 a.m., hosted by Chez Josef, Agawam. The event will kick off with the welcoming of new Chairman Frank Palange and the incoming WRC board of directors. Two $500 business grants will be drawn the morning of the event. Guest speaker will be Drew Crandall. Cost: $35 for members, $45 for non-members. For more information and for tickets to this event, call the chamber office at (413) 426-3880 or e-mail [email protected]
YOUNG PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY OF GREATER SPRINGFIELD
• June 15: Ninth annual Great Golf Escape, hosted by the Ranch Golf Club. Cost: $95, including lunch and dinner. Registration begins at 10:30 a.m., shotgun start at noon.