Chamber Corners: Upcoming Events
GREATER CHICOPEE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Oct. 3: Table Top Expo with the Greater Holyoke, Greater Westfield, Quaboag Hills, and Springfield Regional chambers, 4:30-7 p.m., hosted by Castle of Knights, 1599 Memorial Dr., Chicopee. Sponsored by Holyoke Medical Center, PeoplesBank, Polish National Credit Union, HG&E, BusinessWest, Grzelak, Grzelak & Associates, P.C., and Westfield Bank. Cost: $5 pre-registration, $10 at the door. Sign up online at chicopeechamber.org/events.
• Oct. 12: Business After Hours, 4:30-6:30 p.m., hosted by Red Fez, 70 Exchange St., Chicopee. Sponsored by the Red Fez and Westfield Bank. Cost: $10 for members, $15 for non-members, including food and beverage. Sign up online at chicopeechamber.org/events.
• Oct. 18: Amazing World of Dr. Seuss Salute Breakfast with Kay Simpson of the Springfield Museums, 7:15-9 a.m., hosted by Collegian Court, 89 Park St., Chicopee. Sponsored by the Arbor Kids and Westfield Bank. Cost: $23 for members, $28 for non-members, including breakfast buffet. Sign up online at chicopeechamber.org/events.
• Oct. 19: Oktoberfest Collaborative Event with Young Professional Society of Greater Springfield, 5-7 p.m., hosted by Munich Haus Biergarten, 13 Center St., Chicopee. Free to YPS and chamber members. Call (413) 594-2101 for more information.
• Oct. 26: Lunch & Learn: New Marijuana Legislation, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., hosted by Residence Inn, 500 Memorial Dr., Chicopee. Sponsored by the Greater Chicopee Chamber and Residence Inn of Springfield/Chicopee. Cost: $30 for members, $35 for non-members, including lunch. Sign up online at chicopeechamber.org/events.
GREATER EASTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Oct. 12: Networking by Night, 5-7 p.m., at Eastworks, 116 Pleasant St., Easthampton. Sponsored by Easthampton Travel. For more information, visit www.easthamptonchamber.org, or call the chamber at (413) 527-9414.
• Oct. 3: Meet the Candidates, 6-8 p.m., hosted by Eastworks, 116 Pleasant St., Suite 320, Easthampton. An opportunity to meet and get to know candidates running for mayor and City Council positions in Easthampton. For more information, visit www.easthamptonchamber.org or call the chamber at (413) 527-9414.
• Oct. 25: The Hampshire County Tourism Council will launch its new tourism guide at Northampton Country Club, 135 Main St., Leeds, 5-7 p.m. For more information, visit www.easthamptonchamber.org or call the chamber at (413) 527-9414.
GREATER HOLYOKE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Oct. 3: Table Top Expo & Networking, 4:30-7 p.m., hosted by Castle of Knights, 1599 Memorial Dr., Chicopee. Five area chambers — Greater Holyoke, Greater Chicopee, Greater Westfield, Springfield Regional, and Quaboag Hills — are getting together to present a table-top show. Cost: $125 for a table. Visitors are $5 in advance and $10 at the door. Call the Holyoke Chamber at (413) 534-3376 to secure your table, or sign up online at holyokechamber.com.
• Oct. 11: Chamber Business Development/Salute Breakfast, 7:30-9 a.m. hosted by Gateway City Arts, 92 Race St., Holyoke. Sponsored by PeoplesBank, Holyoke Gas & Electric, and Holyoke Medical Center. Join emcee Linda Noonan, executive director of the Massachusetts Business Alliance for Education, for a discussion on education and workforce development, internships, career exploration, and job shadowing. Speakers include Dr. Steve Zrike, Holyoke Public Schools; Maggie Gifford, William J. Dean Technical High School; and Eileen Bresnahan, Bresnahan Insurance. Plus, a sneak peek at the new high-school redesign. New chamber members will be recognized: Midas of Chicopee, Tradesmen of New England LLC, Northeast Powersports, Midas of Westfield, Paper City Art Kids, Strategic Alliances, Bay Path University, and Volleyball Hall of Fame 2017 induction. Cost: $25 for members, $30 for guests and walk-ins. Reservations may be made online at holyokechamber.com.
• Oct. 18: Chamber After Hours, 5-7 p.m., hosted and sponsored by Westfield Bank, 1642 Northampton St., Holyoke. Business networking event. Refreshments, 50/50 raffle, and door prizes. Cost: $10 members, $15 for guests. Call the chamber at (413) 534-3376 to register, or sign up at holyokechamber.com.
• Oct. 25: Holyoke Chamber Business Person of the Year/Volunteer of the Year Award Dinner, 6 p.m, hosted by Delaney House, Country Club Way, Holyoke. Social hour 6-7 p.m., followed by dinner at 7 p.m. A dinner honoring the 2017 Business Persons of the Year: Michael Hamel, owner of Hamel’s Creative Catering and the Summit View Banquet and Meeting House, and the Henry A. Fifield Volunteer of the Year, Harry Montalvo, Community Development specialist at bankESB. Cost: $65. Register online at holyokechamber.com, or call the chamber at (413) 534-3376.
GREATER NORTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Oct. 4: October Arrive @ 5 and Chamber Open House, 5-7 p.m., at the Northampton Chamber of Commerce, 99 Pleasant St. Cost: $10 for members. Sponsors: Clinical & Support Options, Florence Bank, Innovative Business Systems, and Pioneer Training.
• Oct. 19: “Microsoft Excel: Tips, Tricks, & Shortcuts,” 9-11 a.m., presented by Pioneer Training, hosted by Greater Northampton Chamber of Commerce, 99 Pleasant St., Northampton. This workshop will present tips, tricks, and shortcuts that we have collected and developed over 20 years of teaching and using Microsoft Excel. Participants are encouraged to bring laptops and follow along with the instructor, but this is not required. Pre-registration is required, and space is limited. Cost: $35 for members, $45 for non-members.
• Oct. 24: Start Your Business, 9 a.m. to noon, at TD Bank, 175 Main St., Northampton. Presented by SCORE of Western MA. This three-hour workshop will help you clearly understand the details, challenges, opportunities, and rewards of owning and operating your own business. This workshop is a suggested prerequisite to our Business Planning Workshop. Cost: $25. RSVP, as space is limited. To register online, visit westernmassachusetts.score.org/content/take-workshop-38.
GREATER WESTFIELD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Oct. 3: Greater Westfield Chamber of Commerce 20th Annual Table Top Expo & Networking Event, 4:30-7 p.m., hosted by Castle of Knights, 1599 Memorial Dr., Chicopee. The Greater Westfield, Greater Chicopee, Greater Holyoke, and Springfield Regional chambers invite you to the 20th annual Table Top Expo. With approximately 110 businesses represented and hundreds of visitors, this event is an excellent marketing tool for area businesses. Cost: $125 for a draped 8-foot table. Includes two exhibitor passes with fee. Must be a member of one of the four chambers to have an exhibitor table. New Westfield Chamber members may use new-member benefit and pay $62.50 for a table. Admission: $5 for pre-registered tickets, $10 at the door. Call the Pam at the chamber office at (413) 568-1618 for more information, to register, or to inquire about sponsorship opportunities.
• Oct. 6: Workshop: “Family Medical Leave Act,” 8:30-10 a.m., hosted by Holiday Inn Express, 39 Southampton Road, Westfield. Join Attorney Timothy Netkovick of Royal, P.C. for this informational workshop on the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). Employers are well aware of the challenges presented by the FMLA. Employers need to be familiar with the provisions of the FMLA in order to be able to respond to all employee requests, from intermittent leave to unforeseen leave. Cost: free for members, $30 for non-members. Online registration is available at www.westfieldbiz.org, or call Pam at the chamber at (413) 568-1618.
• Oct. 11: October After 5 Connection, 5-7 p.m., hosted by East Mountain Country Club, 1458 East Mountain Road, Westfield. Sponsored by Fresh Look Interiors and Vivid Hair Salon and Spa. Cost: free for members, $10 for non-members. Refreshments will be served, and a cash bar will be available. A 50/50 raffle will benefit the chamber scholarship fund. Bring your business cards and make connections. This month: speed connecting. Online registration will be made available at www.westfieldbiz.org. For more information, call Pam at the chamber at (413) 568-1618.
• Oct. 16: Greater Westfield Chamber of Commerce – Best Practices – Hiring & Firing, 8:30-10 a.m., hosted by Holiday Inn Express, 39 Southampton Road, Westfield. Attorneys Mary Jo Kennedy and Jennifer Cannon from Bulkley, Richardson and Gelinas, LLP will present on the subject of best practices for hiring and firing to avoid discrimination claims. This interactive and informative program will include an overview of federal and state employment laws, tips for preventing liability under these laws , what questions can be asked in an interview and what questions are prohibited, reviewing protected classes under federal and state law, documenting performance management and reviews, steps the employer should take when preparing for a termination, and protecting the business from liability for discrimination when terminating employees. A question-and-answer session will follow the presentation. Cost: Free for members, $30 for non-members. Online registration is available at www.westfieldbiz.org, or call Pam at the chamber at (413) 568-1618.
SPRINGFIELD REGIONAL CHAMBER
• Oct. 3: Annual Multi-chamber Table Top Showcase and Networking Event with Greater Chicopee, Greater Holyoke, Greater Westfield, and Quaboag Hills chambers, 4:30-7 p.m., hosted by Castle of Knights, 460 Granby Road, Chicopee.
• Oct. 4: [email protected], 7:15-9 a.m., Crestview Country Club, 281 Shoemaker Lane, Agawam. Sponsored by United Personnel Services. Joshua Weiss, co-founder of the Global Negotiation Initiative at Harvard University and program director of Bay Path University’s master of science program in Leadership and Negotiation, will keynote the event, with a focus on “The Negotiator in You.” Attendees will learn how to negotiate with confidence and calm for successful results. The chamber will also recognize Anthony Hayes as the new general manager for WGBY and Tim Kennedy as the new president of MassLive Media. Cost: $25 for Springfield Regional Chamber members in advance ($30 at the door), $35 for general admission in advance ($40 at the door). Register online at www.springfieldregionalchamber.com or by e-mailing Jessica Hill at [email protected] Sponsorship opportunities are also available. Contact Hill at (413) 755-1310 for more information.
• Oct. 11: Pastries, Politics, and Policy, 8-9 a.m, hosted by TD Bank Conference Center, 1441 Main St., Springfield. Featuring new Massachusetts Secretary of Labor and Workforce Development Rosalin Acosta, in her first Western Mass. appearance.
• Oct. 27: Super 60, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., hosted by Chez Josef, 176 Shoemaker Lane, Agawam. The 28th annual Super 60 awards luncheon celebrates the success of the fastest-growing privately owned businesses in the region. Cost: $60 for members in advance, $75 for non-members.
Reservations for all Chamber events may be made online at www.springfieldregionalchamber.com.
WEST OF THE RIVER CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Oct. 4: Wicked Wednesday, 5:30-7:30 p.m., hosted by Candlewood Suites. Wicked Wednesdays are monthly social events, hosted by various businesses and restaurants, that bring members and non-members together to network in a laid-back atmosphere. For more information about this event, contact the chamber office at (413) 426-3880 or register at www.westoftheriverchamber.com.
• Oct. 19: Networking Lunch, noon to 1:30 p.m., hosted by Cal’s Woodfired Grill, West Springfield. Must be a member or guest of a member to attend. Enjoy a sit-down lunch while networking with fellow chamber members. Each attendee will get a chance to offer a brief sales pitch. The only cost to attend is the cost of your lunch. Attendees will order off the menu and pay separately that day. We cannot invoice you for these events. Register online at [email protected]
• Oct. 25: Food Fest West, 5:30-8 p.m., hosted by Springfield Country Club, West Springfield. Local restaurants show off their cuisine at this well-attended event. Vote for your favorite restaurant or enjoy a cigar on the patio of Springfield Country Club. A DJ, raffle, and entertainment round out this event. Proceeds raised by Food Fest West will go toward the Partnership for Education and the WRC Educational Fund, which provides grants to businesses for on-the-job training and continuing-education needs. Cost: $25 in advance, $35 at the door. Tickets may be purchased online by visiting www.westoftheriverchamber.com. For more information about this event, contact the chamber office at (413) 426-3880 or e-mail [email protected]
YOUNG PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY OF GREATER SPRINGFIELD
• Oct. 18: Professional Breakfast Series: “The EQ Exchange,” 7:30-9 a.m, hosted by the Colony Club in Tower Square, Springfield. Use emotional intelligence to manage your boss. Cost: free for members, $15 for non-members.
• Oct. 19: Oktoberfest Third Thursday with Chicopee Chamber of Commerce, 5-7 p.m., hosted by Munich Haus. Join us for live music, light appetizers, and networking. Cost: free for members, $10 for non-members.