Chamber Corners: Upcoming Events
• June 13: Good News Business Salute, 4:30-6:30 p.m., hosted by Hotel on North, 297 North St., Pittsfield. Join us to celebrate the following salutes: Excelsior Integrated, Buxton School, Mildred Elley, and the Brien Center. The presentation will begin at 4:45 p.m., and cocktail hour will start at 5:30 p.m. Enjoy Hotel on North for dinner afterward.
• June 20: Chamber Nite with Booking.com, 5-7 p.m., hosted by Hilton Garden Inn Pittsfield Lenox, 1032 South St., Pittsfield.
AMHERST AREA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• June 14-17: Taste of Amherst on the Amherst Town Common. Showcase your restaurant or business with more than 20,000 attendees throughout the weekend. Booth space is limited, so reserve your space soon. All vendors must be open for all four days and all hours of operation, rain or shine. For more information, call the chamber office at (413) 253-0700 or e-mail [email protected]
• June 22: New Member Reception to welcome, celebrate, and showcase our new members, 5 p.m. Venue to be announced.
FRANKLIN COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• June 14: Business After Hours, 5-7 p.m., hosted by Crumpin-Fox Club, 87 Parmenter Road, Bernardston. Networking event with refreshments and cash bar. Register at franklincc.org or [email protected]
• June 22: Annual Meeting, 7:30-9 a.m., hosted by Eaglebrook School, Deerfield. This will be the last breakfast until September. Local state legislators have been invited, and chamber officers will be elected. Sponsored by Greenfield Cooperative Bank, Greenfield Recorder, Greenfield Savings Bank, Pocumtuck Valley Memorial Assoc., and Yankee Candle Village. Cost: $13 for members, $16 for non-members. Register by June 16 at franklincc.org or [email protected]
GREATER CHICOPEE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• May 31: Sunshine Soiree, a multi-chamber networking event, 5-7 p.m., hosted by Sunshine Village, 75 Litwin Lane, Chicopee. The event will feature complimentary hors d’oeuvres, wine, and beer. Register in advance for this free event online at springfieldyps.com.
• June 14: CEO Luncheon, 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m., hosted by the Collegian Court, 89 Park St., Chicopee. A quarterly luncheon series where CEOs tell of how they rose to their positions. May’s luncheon will feature Dr. Harry Dumay of Elms College. Series sponsored by Polish National Credit Union. Cost: $30 for members, $35 for non-members. Sign up online at www.chicopeechamber.org/events or call (413) 594-2101.
• June 16: Run the Runway 5k, 9:30 a.m. Race starts at Westover Metropolitan Airport, 255 Padgette St., Chicopee. Presented by the Greater Chicopee Chamber, GCC, and WMA. Spectators welcome (behind the fence only).
• June 20: Salute Breakfast, 7:15-9 a.m., hosted by Elms College Campus Center. Air Show theme. Chief Greeter: Connie Brown, Galaxy Council. Keynote: Col. Bull Durham, 439th Airlift Wing. Sponsored by United Personnel, Westfield Bank, Holyoke Medical Center, Polish National Credit Union, Gaudreau Group, Spherion Staffing Services, and PeoplesBank. Cost: $23 for members, $28 for non-members. Sign up online at chicopeechamber.org/events.
GREATER EASTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• June 14: Networking by Night, 5-7 p.m., hosted by Fort Hill Brewery, 30 Fort Hill Road, Easthampton. Sponsored by Oxbow Ski Show Team and Tandem Bagel. Food and door prizes will be available. Pre-registration is suggested. Cost: $10 for members, $15 for non-members. For more information, visit www.easthamptonchamber.org or call the chamber office at (413) 527-9414.
• June 27: Speaker Breakfast 2018, 7:30-9 a.m., hosted and sponsored by Williston Northampton School, 19 Payson Ave., Easthampton. Keynote speaker Kate Harrington, Human Resource manager for Smith College, will speak on “Hiring the Right Fit.” She will help attendees understand how to develop a diverse applicant pool, know what questions to ask, and recognize what questions to avoid. She will also point out what to look for in a great employee and how to watch for bias. Cost: $25 for members, $30 for non-members. Pre-registration is suggested. For more information, visit www.easthamptonchamber.org or call the chamber office at (413) 527-9414.
GREATER NORTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• June 6: June Arrive @ 5, 5-7 p.m., hosted by Glendale Ridge Vineyard, 155 Glendale Road, Southampton. Sponsored by Northeast Solar, MassDevelopment, and Kuhn Riddle Architects. A networking event. Cost: $10 for members.
• June 21: Workshop: “Microsoft Word: Advanced Tips, Tricks & Shortcuts,” 9-11 a.m., hosted by Greater Northampton Chamber of Commerce, 99 Pleasant St., Northampton. Presented by Pioneer Training. This workshop will go beyond the basics and explore some of Word’s more advanced features. Cost: $35 for members, $45 for non-members. Space is limited, and pre-registration is required at goo.gl/forms/pX8YUuC25YdMsLjD2.
GREATER WESTFIELD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• June 4: Mayor’s Coffee Hour, 8-9 a.m., hosted by Domus Inc., 101 Meadow St., Westfield. Join us for coffee and light refreshments with Mayor Brian Sullivan to get an update of important issues and projects in Westfield. This event is free and open to the public. Sign up online at www.westfieldbiz.org so we may give our host a proper count. For more information about the event, call the chamber at (413) 568-1618.
• June 13: June After 5 Connection, 5-7 p.m., hosted by Westfield Bank, 462 College Highway, Southwick. Refreshments will be served, and a 50/50 raffle will benefit our chamber scholarship fund. Bring your business cards and make connections. Cost: free for members, $10/ for non-members (cash or credit paid at the door). Sign up online at www.westfieldbiz.org. For sponsorships or more information, call the chamber at (413) 568-1618.
• June 21: Summer Sizzler Kick-Off, 5:30-8 p.m., hosted by the Ranch, 65 Sunnyside Road, Southwick. This event, featuring networking, oversized outdoor games, heavy hors d’oeuvres, and cocktails, is great for making connections and team building while having fun. Sponsors include Mestek Inc. (platinum event sponsor) and Berkshire Bank (gold sponsor). For sponsorships or reservations, call the chamber at (413) 568-1618 or visit www.westfieldbiz.org.
SOUTH HADLEY & GRANBY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• June 1: Annual Legislative Breakfast, 7:30-9 a.m., hosted by the Orchards Golf Club, 18 Silverwood Terrace, South Hadley. Meet with our town and state legislators, who will talk about the hot issues upcoming for the rest of the year. More details to come. By reservation only at [email protected]
• June 12: After 5 at Ameriprise, 5-7 p.m., hosted by: Ameriprise building, 551 Newton St., South Hadley. Come meet Steve Duval and the rest of the Ameriprise team, who are new members this year to the chamber family. Mix and mingle with other SHG Chamber members, spread the word about your business, and hear about theirs. Cost: $10 for members, $15 for non-members. Register at www.shgchamber.com (click on the link in the event description) or e-mail [email protected]
• June 20: BBQ Bash Membership Drive, 5-7:30 p.m., hosted by Brunelle’s Marina, 1 Alvord St., South Hadley. Invite your friends who are not yet members of the chamber so they can get to know us. It will be an evening of food, lawn games, conversation, door prizes, and a 50/50 raffle as an extra incentive. Bring your business cards to enter the door-prize drawing. Sponsors to date include Westfield Bank (presenting sponsor) and Florence Savings Bank, M. Connie Laplante ERA Real Estate, and SHELD (participating sponsors). Register by June 15 at www.shgchamber.com (click on the link in the event description) or e-mail [email protected] Be sure to let us know how many will be coming with you.
SPRINGFIELD REGIONAL CHAMBER
• May 31: Sunshine Soirée with the Springfield Regional Chamber, the Greater Chicopee Chamber, and YPS, 5-7 p.m., hosted by Sunshine Village, 75 Litwin Lane, Chicopee. Reservations may be made at www.springfieldregionalchamber.com, [email protected], or (413) 755-1310.
• June 6: [email protected] and Annual Meeting, 7:15-9 a.m., hosted by Flynn Campus Union, Springfield College Club, 263 Alden St., Springfield. Honoring our Richard J. Moriarty Citizen of the Year, Ellen Freyman, Esq. Cost: $25 for members ($30 at the door), $35 general admission ($40 at the door). Reservations may be made at www.springfieldregionalchamber.com, [email protected], or (413) 755-1310.
• June 19: Lunch ‘n Learn: Business Succession Planning, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., presented by Shatz, Schwartz and Fentin, hosted by Colony Club, 1500 Main St., Springfield. The event will discuss the various stages of a business that should trigger succession-planning conversations, as well as discussion of three options for transferring the business: sale to an independent third party, transfer to family members, or sale to employees. Cost: $30 for members ($35 at the door), $35 general admission ($45 at the door). Reservations may be made at www.springfieldregionalchamber.com, [email protected], or (413) 755-1310.
WEST OF THE RIVER CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• June 6: Wicked Wednesday, 5-7 p.m., hosted by Partners Restaurant, 485 Springfield St., Feeding Hills. Wicked Wednesdays are monthly social events, hosted by various businesses and restaurants, which bring members and non-members together to network in a laid-back atmosphere. For more information about this event, contact the chamber office at (413) 426-3880, or register at www.westoftheriverchamber.com.
• June 12: Annual Meeting and Business Grant Drawing, 7 a.m. The event will kick off with the welcoming of new co-chairmen Frank Palange and Ryan McLane and the incoming WRC board of directors. Two $500 business grants will be drawn the morning of the event. Guest speaker Michael Harrison from TALKERS will address guests. Cost: $35 for members, $45 for non-members. Sponsorships and program advertising are available. For more information or for tickets, contact the chamber office at (413) 426-3880 or e-mail [email protected]
YOUNG PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY OF GREATER SPRINGFIELD
• June 28: Tenth annual Great Golf Escape, hosted by the Ranch, 65 Sunnyside Road, Southwick. Visit springfieldyps.com for registration information.