Chamber Corners: Upcoming Events
• May 29: 1Berkshire Chamber Nite, 5-7 p.m., hosted by Fairview Hospital, 29 Lewis Ave., Great Barrington. Join us for the May Chamber Nite in partnership with the Stockbridge Chamber of Commerce. Members of either organization get in free for this networking opportunity. To register, visit www.1berkshire.com.
AMHERST AREA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• May 15: May After 5, 5-7 p.m., hosted by Amity Street Dental. Join us for an evening of networking at Amity Street Dental, and find out more about the work of Dr. Hunt, Dr. Castenson, and Dr. Ivancev, as well as their new ‘Amity plan’ for small businesses. Enjoy food from the Pub. Cost: $10 for members, $15 for non-members.
• May 18: Amherst Downtown Lives United Day. Amherst Downtown businesses are coming together to support United Way of Hampshire County. On May 18, several businesses have pledged 5% of sales or a minimum of $250 to United Way.
FRANKLIN COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• May 9: Franklin County Community Development Corp. Entrepreneur of the year Awards, 5 p.m., hosted by Hawks and Reed Performing Arts Center, 289 Main St., Greenfield. Awards, music, food, and mingling. For more information, visit fccdc.org.
• May 26: Chamber Lunch: noon to 1:30 p.m., hosted by Greenfield Community College Dining Commons. Featuring Mike Kennealy, secretary, Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development. Sponsored by Greenfield Community College Foundation and the Franklin County Chamber of Commerce. Cost: $18 for members, $20 for non-members. Register at franklincc.org or e-mail [email protected]
GREATER CHICOPEE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• May 15: May Salute Breakfast, 7:15-9 a.m., hosted by Munich Haus. Sponsored by: Westfield Bank, Holyoke Medical Center, N. Riley Construction Inc., Polish National Credit Union, USI Insurance Services, Spherion Staffing Services, PeoplesBank, Galaxy Community Council, and the Arbors Kids. Chief Greeter: Stephanie Shaw, Chicopee Veterans Services. Keynote Speaker: Col. Peters of the 439th Airlift Wing. Cost: $25 for members, $30 for non-members. Sign up online at chicopeechamber.org/events.
• May 16: Chamber CheckPoint Legislative Luncheon, noon to 1:30 p.m., hosted by the Log Cabin, 500 Easthampton Road, Holyoke. This event offers chamber members and the community an opportunity to hear from state and federal elected officials. With more than 100 people expected to attend, it is also a networking opportunity. This year’s speakers include Lt. Gov. Karyn Polito and state Rep. Joseph Wagner. Cost: $35 for members, $45 for non-members. Sign up online at chicopeechamber.org/events.
• May 17: Lights On Art & Culture, 5-8 p.m. Greater Chicopee Chamber of Commerce, Chicopee Cultural Council, SilverBrick Mills, and the City of Chicopee are collaborating once again to show appreciation to those who live, work, and play in the downtown area. For one evening, participating businesses will showcase an artist and/or musician. This is a free event.
• May 21: Chamber Seminar: “Assessing and Developing Future Leaders” with Michael Kline, PsyD, 8:30-10:30 a.m., hosted by La Quinta Inn & Suites. Series sponsored by Westfield Bank. Cost: $30. Sign up online at chicopeechamber.org/events.
• May 23: Business After Hours, 4:30-6:30 p.m., hosted by Williams Distributing. Series Sponsored by Polish National Credit Union. Monthly sponsors are Galaxy Community Council and the Arbors Kids. Cost: $10 for members, $15 for non-members. Sign up online at chicopeechamber.org/events.
• May 31: Chicopee Chamber of Commerce Annual Golf Tournament, 10 a.m. shotgun start, hosted by Chicopee Country Club. Presented by Polish National Credit Union. Sponsored by First American Insurance Agency Inc., Westfield Bank, Holyoke Medical Center, Poly-Plating Inc., Hampton Inn, Residence Inn of Chicopee, Tru by Hilton, ICNE, Roca Inc., and Health New England. Cost: $125 per golfer, $500 per team of four, and/or $20 golfer package that includes 25 raffle tickets and one mulligan. Sign up online at chicopeechamber.org/events.
GREATER EASTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• May 9: Networking by Night, 5-7 p.m., hosted by Glendale Grill, 65 Glendale St., Easthampton. Sponsored by bankESB. Event will feature food provided by Glendale Grill, a cash bar, and business-to-business relationship building. Cost: free to members and their employees, $20 for non-members. Pre-registration is required. For more information and to register, visit www.easthamptonchamber.org or call the chamber at (413) 527-9414.
• May 22: Chamber on the Vine, 5:30-8:30 a.m., hosted by Glendale Ridge Vineyard, 155 Glendale Road, Southampton. Join us for a night under the stars. The Floyd Patterson Band will provide music, the vineyard will provide wine, and food will be provided by Little Truc food truck and Crooked Stick Pops. Pre-registration is required, as tickets are limited. The deadline for refunds is May 15. This is a rain-or-shine event. No tickets will be sold at the door. Cost: $25 for music alone, $35 for music and wine. For more information and to register, visit www.easthamptonchamber.org or call the chamber at (413) 527-9414.
• June 11: “In the Know” Panel Series and Networking, 5-7 p.m., hosted by Fort Hill Brewery, 30 Fort Hill Road, Easthampton. The Chamber offers the second in the “In The Know” panel series, where a panel made up of Gen Brough, president, Finck & Perras Insurance; Dave Griffin Jr., vice president, Dowd Agencies; and Matt Waugh, president, Waugh Agency Insurance will discuss insurance needs. Get the insight you need to consider to protect yourself and your business. Refreshments will be served courtesy of Nini’s. Cost: $15 for members, $30 for non-members. Pre-registration is a must. No tickets will be sold at the door. For more information and to register, visit www.easthamptonchamber.org or call the chamber at (413) 527-9414.
• June 26: Speaker Breakfast: Cyber Breach Symposium, 7:30-9 a.m., hosted by Williston Northampton School, 19 Payson Ave., Easthampton. Featuring Mat Reardon, Beazley Group. Learn what steps you can take to minimize your risk. Cost: $25 for members, $35 for non-members. For more information and to register, visit www.easthamptonchamber.org or call the chamber at (413) 527-9414.
GREATER HOLYOKE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• May 1: Business After Hours, 5-7 p.m., hosted by the Flats Community Building. Come join the Greater Holyoke Chamber, OneHolyoke, and the partners behind Holyoke’s newest community-based project, El Corazon. The event will include food, an open bar, and valet parking. Cost: $10 for members, $25 for non-members.
• May 8: Coffee Buzz, 7:30-9:15 a.m., hosted by Marcotte Ford. Marcotte Ford’s LugNutz Cafe now serves breakfast and lunch seven days a week. Join us for a Coffee Buzz where you can sample some of its breakfast fare, enjoy a fresh cup of coffee courtesy of Spradley Deluxe Coffee, and make some new connections. Cost: free for members, $10 for non-members.
• May 13: The 51st annual Greater Holyoke Chamber Cup Golf Tournament at the Orchards Golf Course. As always, there will be prizes, raffles, sports memorabilia, and plenty of giveaways. It’s a fun day of golf, networking, and food and drink. Space is limited. Cost: $600 for a foursome, $750 to be an eagle sponsor (includes a foursome and green signs).
• May 15: Business After Hours at the Fishway, 5-7 p.m. Every spring, American shad, Atlantic salmon, sea lamprey, and other anadromous fish swim up the Connecticut River as they begin their spring migration. Join us to make connections and enjoy food and drink as we mingle and watch these indigenous fish make their way upstream and over the dam on the first and most successful fish lift on the Atlantic coast. Cost: $10 for members, $25 for non-members.
• May 29: Business Person of the Year Dinner Reception, 5:30-8:30 p.m., hosted by the Wherehouse? Join the Greater Holyoke business community as we honor and recognize our 2018 Business Person of the Year, Barry Farrell of Farrell Funeral Home. Additionally, we will be honoring Maria Ferrer of MD Beauty Salon as our 2018 Henry A. Fifield Volunteer of the Year. Make connections and enjoy a hot, plated dinner, cocktails, and a casual program. Cost: $50.
GREATER NORTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• May 1: May Arrive @ 5, 5-7 p.m., hosted by Emerson Way, Northampton. A networking event sponsored by Gove Law Office, Keiter Builders, and Kuhn Riddle Architects. Cost: $10 for members.
• May 14: Workshop: “Microsoft Word Tips,” 9-11 a.m., hosted by the Greater Northampton Chamber of Commerce, 99 Pleasant St., Northampton. Presented by Pioneer Training. This workshop contains a variety of quick tips and tricks in Microsoft Word that will save hours of time. Attendees will learn to add buttons to the Quick Access Toolbar; shortcuts for selecting words, sentences, and paragraphs; and how (and why) to display non-printing characters in a document. Practice using the Format Painter to copy formatting and fix problems with numbered and bulleted lists. Learn to create AutoCorrect entries to correct common typos, and AutoText entries and Quick Parts to easily enter frequently used text. Cost: $25 for members, $35 for non-members.
• May 28: Workshop: “Upgrading to Office 365,” 9-11 a.m., hosted by the Greater Northampton Chamber of Commerce, 99 Pleasant St., Northampton. Presented by Pioneer Training. Cost: $35 for members, $45 for non-members.
GREATER WESTFIELD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
April 30: Marketplace Sip & Shop, 5-7 p.m., hosted by the Greater Westfield Chamber of Commerce and the Southwick Economic Development Committee at the Ranch Golf Club, 65 Sunnyside Road, Southwick. Join more than 40 local merchants while sipping your way through the market. Refreshments and cash bar available. This event is free and open to the public. Vendor cost: $50 if bringing a table, $75 if you would like us to provide the table, or if you would like floor space. Vendor sign-up and additional details available online at www.westfieldbiz.org/events. For sponsorships or more information, call the chamber at (413) 568-1618.
• May 6: Mayor’s Coffee Hour, 8-9 a.m., hosted by Tekoa Country Club, 459 Russell Road, Westfield. Join us for coffee with Westfield Mayor Brian Sullivan. The event is free and open to the public. To register, visit www.westfieldbiz.org/events or call (413) 568-1618 so we may give our host a proper head count.
• May 7: Lunch & Learn: “Paid Family Medical Leave,” 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., hosted by East Mountain Country Club, 1458 East Mountain Road, Westfield. Presented by the Greater Westfield, East of the River, Greater Chicopee, and Springfield Regional chambers. In this informative presentation, attorneys Erica Flores and Amelia Holstrom of Skoler, Abbott & Presser will provide a detailed overview of the new PFML law that goes into effect on July 1. Learn who is covered, how it is funded, and how the claim process will work, and ask questions. Cost: $35 for members, $50 for non-members. Register by April 30. For sponsorships and to register, visit www.westfieldbiz.org/events or call (413) 568-1618.
• May 14: The 58th annual Golf Tournament, hosted by Tekoa Country Club, 459 Russell Road, Westfield. Along with a round of golf and dinner, there will be raffles and a live auction to benefit three $500 student scholarships. Sign up online at www.westfieldbiz.org/events. For sponsorships, to donate a raffle prize, or for more information, call the chamber at (413) 568-1618.
• May 20: After 5 Connections, 5-7 p.m., hosted by Betts Plumbing & Heating Supply, 14 Coleman Ave., Westfield. This event is co-hosted by MI-BOX of Central & Western MA. Refreshments will be served, and a 50/50 raffle will benefit the chamber scholarship fund. Bring your business cards and make connections. Cost: free for members, $15 for non-members. Sign up online at www.westfieldbiz.org/events. For more information, call the chamber at (413) 568-1618.
SPRINGFIELD REGIONAL CHAMBER
• May 1: Rise & Shine Business Breakfast, 7:15-9 a.m., hosted by the Log Cabin, 500 Easthampton Road, Holyoke. Featuring Robert Glazer, founder and CEO of Acceleration Partners. Cost: $25 for members in advance ($30 at the door), $35 for non-members in advance ($40 at the door).
• May 7: Lunch and Learn: “Paid Family and Medical Leave,” 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., hosted by East Mountain Country Club, 1458 East Mountain Road, Westfield. Presented by Skoler, Abbott & Presser, P.C. Cost: $35 for members, $50 for non-members.
• May 23: Stars & Strikes, 5:30-8 p.m., hosted by the Tap Room at MGM Springfield. Featuring celebrity bowlers, passed appetizers, and unlimited games. Cost: $20
Reservations for all chamber events may be made by visiting www.springfieldregionalchamber.com, e-mailing [email protected], or calling (413) 755-1310.
WEST OF THE RIVER CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• May 9: Networking Lunch, noon to 1:30 p.m., hosted by Crestview Country Club, Agawam. You must be a member or guest of a member to attend. Enjoy a sit-down lunch while networking with fellow chamber members. Each attendee will get a chance to offer a brief intro and company overview. The only cost to attend for members is the cost of lunch (additional $10 fee for non-members). Attendees will order off the menu and pay separately that day. Please note, we cannot invoice you for these events. Register online at www.westoftheriverchamber.com.
• May 15: Night of Networking with YPS, 5-7 p.m., hosted by the Zoo in Forest Park. Bring lots of business cards to this co-hosted event. Mingle, tour, and network for a night of fun and business. Cost: free for members, $10 for non-members. Register online at www.westoftheriverchamber.com.
• May 22: Job Fair 2019: Local Jobs for Local People, 3-8 p.m., hosted by Storrowton Tavern & Carriage House, West Springfield. The West of the River Chamber will host a local job fair. West Springfield and Agawam businesses along with other employment opportunities will be showcased for the public. High-school students, college students, and adults will attend this event looking to begin or advance their careers. This event is free and open to the public. To be a participating vendor, register online at www.westoftheriverchamber.com.
YOUNG PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY OF GREATER SPRINGFIELD
• May 18: Third annual Adult Field Day, 9 a.m. to noon, hosted by Train for Life, Chicopee. Teams compete in games for prizes. Beer and food available. No athletic ability required. Special registration pricing before April 18: $20 for YPS, Train for Life, or Extra Innings members; $30 for non-members. After April 18: $25 for YPS, Train for Life, or Extra Innings members; $35 for non-members. To register, visit springfieldyps.com.