Chamber Corners: Upcoming Events
• Oct. 30: Good News Business Salute: Women in Business, 5-7:30 p.m. In recognition of Women in Business Month, we pay tribute to the good work that women do here in the Berkshires. Celebrate at the newly renovated Williams Inn in Williamstown, as 1Berkshire honors four successful area businesses both owned and run by women: Barrington Stage Co., Lenox Fit Inc., North Adams Yoga, and Your Color Connection. Cost: $35 for members, $50 for non-members. To register, visit 1berkshire.com.
• Nov. 13: Chamber Nite, 5-7 p.m. 1Berkshire’s monthly networking opportunity continues in November with an event to be held at Wohrle’s Foods in Pittsfield. Cost: free for members. To register, visit 1berkshire.com.
AMHERST AREA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Oct. 30: Supplier Diversity Programs Community Day, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., hosted by the Amherst Area Chamber of Commerce.
• Nov. 5: 50th Anniversary Celebration, 5-7 p.m., hosted by Amherst Insurance Agency. Cost: free.
• Nov. 6: Startup Night at AmherstWorks, 5-7 p.m., presented by Valley Venture Mentors. Cost: free.
• Nov. 7: “Marijuana: Opportunities & Challenges,” 4-6 p.m., hosted by Jones Library. Cost: free.
• Nov. 13: Working Across Generations Workshop, 5-6:30 p.m., hosted by Look Park Garden House. Cost: free. RSVP at northamptonchamber.com.
• Nov. 15: Launching Women Luncheon, 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., hosted by Courtyard by Marriott. Cost: $25 for members, $45 for non-members.
• Nov. 18: Talk on Housing and Employment, 5-7 p.m., hosted by Amherst Survival Center. Cost: free.
• Nov. 21: Diversity and Inclusion Workshop, 8 a.m. to noon, hosted by Hadley Farms Meeting House. Cost: $25 for members, $45 for non-members.
BRADLEY REGIONAL CHAMBER
• Nov 1: First Friday, 7:30 a.m., hosted by Bobby V’s Restaurant.
• Nov 7: Business After Hours, 5:30 p.m. East Street Shops, East Granby, Conn., hosts a free, fully catered cocktail party during an expanded Business After Hours to support Friend to Friend Food Pantry. This event includes not only the Bradley Regional Chamber but also surrounding chambers and community members. The newly renovated center is located at 10 East St. next to Planet Fitness. Come and mingle with members of other area organizations while enjoying open bar and hors d’oeuvres. For those who would like to give, we will be accepting voluntary monetary donations to benefit Friend to Friend Food Pantry. Bring a friend. Registration required.
• Nov 12: Business After Hours, 5:30 p.m., hosted by Bradley International Airport. Tour new updates of the terminals and hear Kevin Dillon, Connecticut Airport Authority chief, speak.
• Nov 14: E-Circle Marketing Lunch & Learn, noon. “A Fresh Approach to Marketing and Sales That Will Drive Business Growth. Registration required.
• Nov 14: USA Mechanical grand reopening ribbon cutting, 4 p.m. USA Mechanical & Energy Services, LLC is doubling its footprint. With the growth of the company in both construction and HVAC service and maintenance, it has added employees, sheet-metal fabrication and warehouse space, offices, and a conference room and training center.
• Nov 20: Ambassador Luncheon, noon, hosted by DoubleTree Hotel/Shade Bar & Grill.
All events are free for Bradley Regional Chamber members, and there is small fee for non-members. The Ambassador Luncheon is a ‘pay your way’ event. Visit www.bradleyregionalchamber.org for more information and to register.
GREATER EASTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Nov. 7: Networking by Night, 5-7 p.m., hosted by Cooley Dickinson Urgent Care, located in the Southampton Shopping Center at 10 College Highway in Southampton. Refreshments will be served, and door prizes from Go with the Float will be awarded. Attendees will also have a chance at one of four $25 chamber gift cards courtesy of Michael Markiewicz, financial advisor. Cost: free for members, $20 for non-members. Pre-registration required. For more information and to register, visit www.easthamptonchamber.org or call the chamber at (413) 527-9414.
• Nov. 19: Speed Networking, 8-10 a.m., hosted by Inn on Boltwood, 30 Boltwood Dr., Amherst. Start your morning off at this high-energy, fast-paced, fun new way to network. Have some coffee, enjoy breakfast, and then do some speed networking. Cost: free for members only. Pre-registration required. For more information and to register, visit www.easthamptonchamber.org or call the chamber at (413) 527-9414.
GREATER NORTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Oct. 28: “Nonprofit Resource Roundtable with Jenny Ladd: Fundraising as Program, Program as Fundraising,” noon to 1:30 p.m., hosted by the Garden House at Look Memorial Park. How can our fundraising be a form of our programming, and how can programming be part of fundraising? All too often, the person, people, or department doing fundraising are off in a corner separate from the programmatic workings of a nonprofit. Cost: free. RSVP at northamptonchamber.com/connect-campaign-2019.
• Oct. 29: “Health Connector for Small Business,” noon to 1 p.m., hosted by Greater Northampton Chamber, 33 Hawley St., Northampton. Join us for an informative session with Rich Cahillane of American Benefits Group and Chaitra Sanders, account manager for the Health Connector for Business Distribution Channel. This event is part of the Greater Northampton Chamber 2019 Connect Campaign Event Series. Cost: free. RSVP at northamptonchamber.com/connect-campaign-2019.
GREATER WESTFIELD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Nov. 4: Mayor’s Coffee Hour, 8-9 a.m., hosted by Amelia Park Arena, 21 South Broad St., Westfield. Join us for coffee with Westfield Mayor Brian Sullivan. Cost: free and open to the public. Pre-registration is requested so we may give our host a proper head count.
• Nov. 14: Annual Meeting and Awards Dinner, 5:30-8:30 p.m., hosted by Shaker Farms Country Club, 866 Shaker Road, Westfield. Join us as we roll out the red carpet and honor our 2019 ‘Of the Year’ Award winners: Business of the Year: Westfield Gas & Electric/Whip City Fiber; Nonprofit of the Year: Westfield 350th Committee; Lifetime Achievement: Sister Elizabeth Oleksak of Genesis Spiritual Life & Conference Center. Cost: $59. Members and non-members are invited to attend. For more information, to become a sponsor, and to register, visit westfieldbiz.org/events or call (413) 568-1618.
• Nov. 26: After 5 Connections, 5-7 p.m., hosted by Rosewood Home & Gifts, 34 Elm St., Westfield. Refreshments will be served, and a 50/50 raffle will benefit the chamber’s scholarship fund. Bring your business cards and make connections. Cost: free for members and non-members. For more information and to register, visit westfieldbiz.org/events or call (413) 568-1618.
• Nov. 29-30: Westfield #ShopSmall. The Greater Westfield Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with many local businesses throughout Westfield, will support Small Business Saturday on Nov. 29-30. Forty businesses are featured on a game board. Event sponsor, Staples, will provide a posterboard of the game board for the 40 businesses to display in their window. Another event sponsor, the Pennysaver, will include the game board in its Nov. 21 issue. Shoppers can visit a minimum of 10 participating merchants to be eligible for cash prizes of $500, $300, and $150. For more information, visit westfieldbiz.org/events or call (413) 568-1618.
SPRINGFIELD REGIONAL CHAMBER
• Nov. 6: Rise & Shine Business Breakfast, 7:15-9 a.m., hosted by Springfield Country Club, 1375 Elm St., West Springfield. Featuring Roseann Sdoia Materia, author, motivational speaker, and Boston Marathon bombing survivor.
• Nov. 21: Government Reception, 5-7 p.m., hosted by Carriage House, Storrowton Tavern, 1305 Memorial Ave., West Springfield.
Reservations for all chamber events may be made by visiting www.springfieldregionalchamber.com, e-mailing [email protected], or calling (413) 755-1310.
WEST OF THE RIVER CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Nov. 7: Food Fest West, 5:30-8 p.m., hosted by Springfield Country Club, West Springfield. Local restaurants and eateries show off their cuisine at this well-attended event. Vote for your favorite restaurant. A DJ, raffle, and entertainment will round out this event. Proceeds raised by Food Fest West will go toward the Partnership for Education and the WRC Educational Fund, which provides grants to businesses for on-the-job training and continuing-education needs. Tickets may be purchased online at www.westoftheriverchamber.com. For more information, contact the chamber office at (413) 426-3880 or [email protected]
YOUNG PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY OF GREATER SPRINGFIELD
• Nov. 21: November YPS Third Thursday. 5-7 p.m., hosted by Worthington Street Pub, 211 Worthington St., Springfield. Join YPS for complimentary handcrafted appetizers and a cash bar with more than 50 craft beers and barrel-aged cocktails. Cost: free for members, $10 for non-members. Register at springfieldyps.com.