Chamber Corners: Upcoming Events
AMHERST AREA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• July 15: Amherst Area Chamber of Commerce 10th Annual Golf Tournament, 10:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., at Hickory Ridge Golf Course, Pomeroy Lane, Amherst.
Registration and lunch: 10:30 a.m. to noon; shotgun start: noon; reception and dinner: 5 p.m. Cost: $125 per player. Presented by the Hampshire Hospitality Group.
CHICOPEE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• August 1: Part 3 of a five-seminar series: “Conquering the Challenge of Employment Law Compliance for Small Businesses: What You Need to Know and How to Stay in Compliance,” from 8 to 10:30 a.m. at the PeoplesBank Conference Room, 330 Whitney Ave. in Holyoke. Presenter will be Layla Taylor, Esq. This program will focus on:
• Identifying worker-classification issues (independent contractor versus employee);
• Wage-and-hour basics (minimum wage, overtime, exemptions, and child-labor laws);
• Immigration (I-9 compliance);
• Discrimination laws (federal and state, reasonable accommodation issues);
• Benefits (leave laws and health insurance);
• Communicating with employees without creating a contract; and
• How to stay in compliance (free resources and when to contact a professional).
• August 22: Part 4 of a five-seminar series: ‘Marketing Strategies that Lead to Growth,’ from 8 to 10:30 a.m. at PeoplesBank Conference Room, 330 Whitney Ave. in Holyoke. Presenter will be Mary McCarthy. Concerned about delivering your profit? Unsure how to reach your target audience? Overwhelmed with all the media options available? Smaller businesses often lack the time to execute their marketing tasks, and are challenged with budgetary constraints. This workshop is designed for businesses seeking cost-efficient and effective marketing strategies that lead to growth and seamless communication with their customers. Attendees will learn:
• Branding strategies that will effectively convey your marketing messages;
• How to distinguish your marketing plan from your competition;
• Effective ways to reach your target audience and foster loyal relationships;
• How to connect with today’s tech-savvy customers through social media; and
• Networking essentials that will help you get more business.
GREATER EASTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• July 26: The 29th Annual Golf Tournament, starting at 9 a.m. at Southampton Country Club. Reserve now before it sells out. Team fee: $400. Tee sponsorships available for $75/$125. Would you like to donate a raffle prize and/or to the golfer’s gift bag? Contact the chamber to sign up a team, arrange a tee sponsor, or with your raffle prize or gift donation.
HOLYOKE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• July 17: Chamber Business Connections, 5-7 p.m. at the Volleyball Hall of Fame, 444 Dwight St., Holyoke. Networking, refreshments, door prizes, and 50/50 raffle.
• Sept. 18: Save the date! Chamber Annual Clambake, 5-7:30 p.m. Plan now to make the clambake your employee picnic or employee-appreciation event. Watch for more details.
MASSACHUSETTS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• July 22: Massachusetts Chamber of Commerce Golf Tournament at Tekoa Country Club, Westfield. Shotgun start at 11 a.m. Cost: $100 per golfer. For more information on registration and sponsorship opportunities, call (413) 525-2506 or e-mail [email protected]
• Nov. 12: Massachusetts Chamber of Commerce Annual Meeting & Awards Luncheon, 9 a.m., at the DoubleTree, Westborough. For more information on ticket sales and sponsorship opportunities, call the chamber office at (413) 525-2506 or e-mail [email protected]
WEST OF THE RIVER CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• August 19: West of the River Chamber of Commerce 10th Annual Golf Tournament, Springfield Country Club, West Springfield. Cost: $125 per golfer. Presenting Sponsor: Hard Rock Hotel and Casino of New England. For more information on registration and sponsorship opportunities, call the chamber office at (413) 426-3880 or e-mail [email protected]
• Sept. 4: Wicked Wednesday, hosted By E.B’s, 5-7 p.m. Wicked Wednesdays are monthly social events hosted by various businesses and restaurants. These events bring members and non-members together to network in a laid-back atmosphere. Cost: free for chamber members, $10 for non-members (event is open to the public; you must pay at the door if you’re a non-member). For more information, call the chamber office at (413) 426-3880, or e-mail [email protected]
GREATER WESTFIELD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 11: September WestNet, 5-7 p.m., at the Holiday Inn Express, 39 Southampton Road, Westfield. Come and meet chamber members and bring your business cards for a great networking opportunity. Cost: $10 cash for chamber members, $15 cash for non-members. Walk-ins are welcome. Call the chamber at (413) 568-1618, or e-mail Pam Bussell at [email protected] Your first WestNet is always free.
YOUNG PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY OF GREATER SPRINGFIELD
• July 18: July Third Thursday, 5-7 p.m. at the Sheraton Springfield, 1 Monarch Place, Springfield. Cost: Free for members, $10 non-members.