Chamber Corners: Upcoming Events
AFFILIATED CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE OF GREATER SPRINGFIELD
• Nov. 6: [email protected], 7:30- 9 a.m., at the Western Mass Business Expo, MassMutual Center, Springfield. Keynote speaker: Jim Koch, founder of the Boston Beer Co. and maker of the Samuel Adams family of beers. Hear the story of how Koch took his generations-old family recipe and changed the beverage landscape forever. Sponsored by the Regional Employment Board of Hampden County, MassMutual Center, United Personnel, and Frigo’s Foods. Reservations are $25 and may be made online at www.myonlinechamber.com or by contacting Cecile Larose at (413) 755-1313.
• Nov. 13: ACCGS After 5, 5-7 p.m., the TD Bank Building. Sponsored by TD Bank. Tickets are $5 for members, $10 for general admission. Reservations may be made online at www.myonlinechamber.com or by contacting Cecile Larose at (413) 755-1313.
• Nov. 21: ACCGS Government Reception, 5-7 p.m. at the Carriage House, Storrowton Tavern, West Springfield. A great opportunity to meet socially with your local, state, and federal officials. Sponsored by Baystate Health, Columbia Gas of Massachusetts, and United Personnel. Tickets are $50 for members, $70 for general admission, which includes complimentary beverages and hors d’oeuvres. Reservations may be made online at www.myonlinechamber.com.
• Nov. 26: ACCGS Pastries, Politics, and Policy, 7:30-9 a.m. Reservations are $15 for members, $20 for general admission, and includes complimentary beverages and hors d’oeuvres. Call (413) 755-1313 for more information. Reservations may be made online at www.myonlinechamber.com.
• Dec. 4: ACCGS Business @ Breakfast, 7:15-9 a.m., at the Colony Club, Springfield. Topic: “The Value of Volunteerism.” Sponsored By Masiello Employment Services. Tickets are $20 for members, $30 for general admission, which includes complimentary beverages and hors d’oeuvres. Reservations may be made online at www.myonlinechamber.com.
AMHERST AREA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Nov. 20: Chamber After 5, 5-7 p.m., at the Amherst Survival Center. Sponsored by SciDose LLC. Admission: $10 for members, $15 for non-members.
GREATER NORTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Nov. 6: [email protected] Chamber Networking Event, 5-7 p.m., at the World War II Club. Sponsors: Homeward Vets. Catered by Big Kats Catering. We’ll be collecting donations for Homeward Vets. A list of needed donations will be posted on the website. Tickets are $10 for members, $15 for non-members. RSVP to Esther at [email protected]
• Nov: 19: “The Art of Consulting,” 8:30-10 a.m. at the chamber office. This special program is a collection of the guiding principles of consulting that sum up the lessons presenter Don Lesser he has learned over the past 30 years. Each topic is summarized in a short, often humorous saying, which is followed by a longer explanation. In this session, Lesser, who has been a consultant and run a business that uses consultants for more than 30 years, will cover some of the basics of being a consultant, including “The Three Laws of Consulting,” “What Have You Done for Me Lately?” “Rules for Good Client Management,” and “Discount Sushi, or How Much Should You Charge?” The workshop is free, but pre-registration is required, and space is limited. To register, call (413) 584-1900, or e-mail www.explorenorthampton.com.
GREATER WESTFIELD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Nov. 4: Mayor’s Coffee Hour, 8-9 a.m., at the Genesis Spiritual Life and Conference Center, 53 Mill St., Westfield. Have coffee with Mayor Daniel Knapik, who will share information about what’s happening in the city. For more information or to register, contact Pam Bussell at the chamber office at (413) 568-1618.
• Nov. 6: 2013 Annual Meeting & Awards Dinner at the Westwood Restaurant, 94 North Elm St., Westfield. More information to come as this event date approaches.
• Nov. 13: WestNet, 5-7 p.m., the Cove, 90 Point Grove Road, Southwick. Come and meet chamber members and bring your business cards for a great networking opportunity. Cost: $10 cash for chamber members, $15 cash for non-members. Payment can be made in advance or at the door. Walk-ins are welcome. Call the chamber at (413) 568-1618, or e-mail Pam Bussell at [email protected] for more information. Your first WestNet is always free.
MASSACHUSETTS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Nov. 12: Massachusetts Chamber of Commerce Annual Meeting & Awards Luncheon, 9 a.m. registration, at the Double Tree, Westborough. For more information on ticket sales and sponsorship opportunities, call the chamber office at (413) 525-2506 or e-mail [email protected]
NORTHAMPTON AREA YOUNG PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY
• Nov. 14: November Networking Social, 5 p.m., at the Northampton Brewery. Community involvement, networking, business and professional development. NAYP is excited to host its first event at the famed Northampton Brewery. Enjoy delicious beer and savory hors d’oeuvres. Cost: free for members, $10 for non-members. RSVP on Facebook.
PROFESSIONAL WOMEN’S CHAMBER
• Nov. 6: November Luncheon at the Western Mass. Business Expo, at the MassMutual Center, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Keynote Speaker: Kathrine Switzer, first female Boston Marathoner in 1967. More than 40 years later, Switzer’s story continues to capture the public’s imagination. Reservations cost $35 members, $40 for non-members, and may be made at www.myonlinechamber.com or by contacting Cecile Larose at (413) 755-1313.