Chamber Corners: Upcoming Events
AFFILIATED CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE OF GREATER SPRINGFIELD
• Jan. 8: ACCGS [email protected], 7:15-9 a.m., at Ludlow Country Club, 1 Tony Lema Drive, Ludlow. The program will be “Success of Small Business,” a moderated panel discussion. For more information, contact Cecile Larose at (413) 755-1310 or [email protected]
• Jan. 15: ACCGS After 5, 5-7 p.m., at the Melha Shrine Center, 133 Longhill St., Springfield. Come clown around with us! Cost: $5. For more information, contact Cecile Larose at (413) 755-1310 or [email protected]
GREATER EASTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Jan. 23: Big Raffle Drawing, 6 p.m. Only 300 tickets are for sale each year. Grand prize: $5,000; second prize: $500; third prize, $200; fourth prize: $100, fifth prize: $50. The drawing takes place at the annual dinner meeting, Jan. 23, and you do not need to be present to win. For more information or to enter, visit www.easthamptonchamber.org.
GREATER NORTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Jan. 28: Nonprofit Marketing Roundtable 2014 Workshop, 8-9:30 a.m., at the Greater Northampton Chamber of Commerce, 99 Pleasant St., Northampton. Presented by the Creative Marketing Group. Struggling to gain visibility with your target audience? Are your marketing materials producing tangible results? Are your best messaging ideas living only in your head? The chamber has help on the way. Three women business owners — Janice Beetle, Ruth Griggs, and Maureen Scanlon of the Creative, a marketing and communications collaboration in Northampton — will lead a nonprofit Flash marketing workshop. They will meet with business owners, listen to your marketing and communications concerns, and help you brainstorm practical, professional solutions on the spot. Learn more about how to strategize, advertise, brand, and promote your business; reach the media; and maximize your message in person, in print, and online. The workshop is free, but pre-registration is required, and space is limited. To register, contact Jasmin Tomic at (413) 584-1900 or [email protected]
PROFESSIONAL WOMEN’S CHAMBER
• Jan. 15: PWC Tabletop Business Expo/Luncheon, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., at the Carriage House, Storrowton Tavern, West Springfield. Showcase your product or service. For more information about the Professional Women’s Chamber, contact Cecile Larose at (413) 755-1310 or [email protected]
GREATER WESTFIELD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Jan. 8: January After 5 Connection, 5-7 p.m., at the Westwood Restaurant & Pub, 94 North Elm St., Westfield. Sponsored by Northpoint Mortgage. Cost: $10 for members, $15 for non-members, cash at the door. Haven’t been to an After 5? Your first one is free. For more information or to register, contact Pam at (413) 568-1618.
• Jan. 13: Health Care Symposium (time to be announced), at the Dever Stage, Parenzo Hall, Westfield State University. Presenter: Lynn Nichols, president of the Mass. Hospital Assoc. Sponsored by Noble Hospital. For more information or to register, contact Pam at (413) 568-1618.
WEST OF THE RIVER CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• TBA: January Coffee with Mayor Cohen. Date and location to be announced. Keep checking website for updates, or e-mail [email protected]
• Feb. 5: Wicked Wednesday, 5-7 p.m., at Crestview Country Club, Agawam. Wicked Wednesdays are monthly social events hosted by various businesses and restaurants. These events bring members and non-members together to network in a laid-back atmosphere. Cost: free for chamber members, $10 for non-members. (Event is open to the public; attendees must pay at the door if they’re non-members.) For more information, contact the chamber office at (413) 426-3880, or e-mail [email protected]
• Feb. 26: West of the River Chamber of Commerce Legislative Breakfast, 7-9 a.m., at the Storrowton Tavern Carriage House, West Springfield. Cost: $25 for members, $30 for non-members. For more information, contact the chamber office at (413) 426-3880, or e-mail [email protected]
YOUNG PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY OF GREATER SPRINGFIELD
• Jan. 16: January Third Thursday YPS Open House, 5-7 p.m., at the Colony Club, 1500 Main St., Springfield. Don’t miss this upcoming Third Thursday and the unique opportunity to become more involved with the YPS. Complementary parking in the Tower Square garage with elevator access directly to the venue. YPS is a guest of the Colony Club for this event. We ask that you please respect and follow their business-casual dress code; jeans will not be permitted. There will be a cash bar and hors d’oeuvres. Invite your friends and bring plenty of business cards. Cost: free for YPS members, $10 for non-members, including food and a cash bar.