Chamber Corners: Upcoming Events
AFFILIATED CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE OF GREATER SPRINGFIELD
• Feb. 24: ACCGS Outlook 2014, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., at the MassMutual Center, 1277 Main St., Springfield. The annual event will feature Ed Henry, chief White House correspondent for Fox News. Reservations are $50 for members, $70 for general admission. Deadline for reservations is Feb. 17. Presented by Health New England and sponsored by Eastern States Exposition, MassMutual Financial Group, PeoplesBank, United Personnel, and Western Massachusetts Electric Co. Reservations may be made online at www.myonlinechamber.com or by contacting Cecile Larose at [email protected]
• March 5: ACCGS [email protected], 7:15-9 a.m., at La Quinta Inns and Suites, 100 Congress St., Springfield. The breakfast will feature the program The Economic Engine Called Tourism — a panel discussion with some of our region’s top contributors: Gene Cassidy, Eastern States Exposition, and Judy Matt, Spirit of Springfield. Reservations are $20 for members, $30 for general admission. Reservations may be made online at www.myonlinechamber.com or by contacting Cecile Larose at [email protected]
• March 12: ACCGS After 5, 5-7 p.m., at Crestview Country Club, 281 Shoemaker Lane, Agawam. “Get in the Swing of Things!” is the event’s theme. Reservations are $5 for members, $10 for general admission. Reservations may be made online at www.myonlinechamber.com or by contacting Cecile Larose at [email protected]
• March 25: ACCGS Pastries, Politics and Policy, 8-9 a.m., at the TD Bank Conference Center, 1441 Main St., Springfield. This event is designed for the political and policy junkie, featuring a policy expert and member of the Patrick administration. Reservations are $15 for members, $25 for general admission. Reservations may be made online at www.myonlinechamber.com or by contacting Cecile Larose at [email protected]
AMHERST AREA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Feb. 26: Chamber After 5, 5-7 p.m., at Cowls Building Supply, 125 Sunderland Road, Amherst. Tickets are $10 for members, $15 for non-members.
• March 19: Amherst Area Chamber of Commerce Brown Bag Lunch, noon to 1:30 p.m. at the Jones Library (Woodbury Room). Nationally renowned green architect Mary Kraus will give a presentation called “Net Zero: At Home with No Energy Bills.” Learn how to reduce your home’s energy usage so that all of the building’s energy needs — heat, hot water, ventilation, lighting, and appliances — can be served by a solar array on the roof. Outlining a practical, step-by-step approach to reaching net zero — a building which produces as much energy as it consumes over the course of the year — she will also show how this is a compelling opportunity with a strong return on investment. She will share many images illustrating examples from her practice, including both renovations and new homes. This lively presentation will be followed by a question-and-answer session. Admission is free and open to the public
• March 27: Taste a variety of margaritas and vote for your favorites, 5:30-7:30 p.m., at the Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art, 125 West Bay Road Amherst. Step into the tropics and pretend you’re on a Caribbean island. This is a Division One competition between restaurant and business margaritas. Your votes will determine who will take home the coveted AACC trophies. Restaurant margaritas presented by Hadley Farms Meeting House and Bridgeside Grille. Business Margaritas presented by Amherst Laser and Skin Care, New England Promotional Marketing, Scandihoovians, and Applewood at Amherst. Admission is $20 pre-paid, $25 at the door.
CHICOPEE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Feb. 26: February Business After Hours, 5-7 p.m., at Elms College, 291 Springfield St. Chicopee. Tickets are $5 for members, $15 for non-members. Reservations may be made online at www.chicopeechamber.org.
• March 7: Shining Stars Banquet 2014, 6 p.m., at the Castle of Knights, 1599 Memorial Dr., Chicopee. Honoring the Business of the Year, PeoplesBank; Citizen of the Year, Gail A. Sherman; and Chamber Volunteer of the Year, Corey Briere of Complete IT Solutions. Tickets are $60. Reservations may be made online at www.chicopeechamber.org.
• March 19: March Salute Breakfast, 7:15-9 a.m., at La Quinta Inns & Suites. Tickets are $20 for members, $26 for non-members.
• March 25: 20th Annual Table Top Expo and Business Networking Event, 4:30-7 p.m., at the Log Cabin Banquet and Meeting House, 500 Easthampton Road, Holyoke. Exhibitor cost: $125 for a table. Admission: $10 in advance, $15 at the door. To register, contact the chamber at (413) 594-2101.
GREATER EASTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• March 13: March 2014 Networking by Night, 5 p.m. Stay tuned for more details on the March Networking by Night. If you are interested in sponsoring or hosting a networking event, call (413) 527-9414 or e-mail [email protected] Admission is $5 for members, $15 for non-members.
• March 14: St. Patrick’s Day Annual Luncheon, noon at Southampton Country Club. Guest speaker: Easthampton Mayor Karen Cadieux. Honored guest: the 2014 Distinguished Young Woman of Greater Easthampton. Call (413) 527-9414 for more information. Additional details to follow.
GREATER HOLYOKE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Feb. 26: Holyoke Chamber Economic Development Breakfast, 8-10 a.m. Location to be determined. Cost is $26 for members, $35 for non-members. A buffet breakfast is included in the price. Call the chamber at (413) 543-3376 to register or visit holychamber.com to sign up. Hear about local projects and how they will affect local businesses.
• March 6: Chamber Table Top Workshop (postponed from Feb. 13), 8:30-10 a.m, at the chamber office, 177 High St. A no-nonsense informational session on how to set up your booth, how to add visual interest, and what to do to keep potential customers engaged. Admission: $10 for members, $20 for non-members.
• March 12: St. Patrick’s Day breakfast, 7:30-10 a.m. Event sponsors: PeoplesBank and the Holyoke Mall at Ingleside.
GREATER NORTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• March 5: [email protected], 5-7 p.m., at Riverside Industries, One Cottage St., Easthampton. Arrive when you can, stay as long as you can. A casual mix and mingle with colleagues and friends. Cost: $10 for members, $15 for non-members.
• March 7: 2014 Annual Meeting and Luncheon, noon to 2 p.m., at the Hotel Northampton. A fun wrap-up of 2013 and preview of 2014. Tickets: $25 for members, $30 for guests/non-members. RSVP to the chamber at (413) 584-1900 or e-mail [email protected]
• March 18: 2014 Workshop: “Your Multi-channel Marketing Plan,” 8:30-9:30 a.m. Presented by Tina Stevens, principal of Stevens 470. Business growth requires an intelligent marketing plan that you can successfully execute. We will start this series by discussing marketing plans and how to best use them to reach your business goals. Utilizing a comprehensive plan will provide your business with the best return on your marketing investments. Your marketing plan should incorporate offline and online channels and include a detailed calendar of events and activities. We will go over the steps to create your plan and discuss how to build out your working calendar. The workshop is free, but pre-registration is required, and space is limited. To register, visit [email protected]
• March 21: 2014 HIBU Marketing Seminar, 8-10:30 a.m., at the Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, One Atwood Drive, Northampton. Presented by HIBU in partnership with the Greater Northampton Chamber of Commerce. Full breakfast will be served. Seating is limited, and registration is required. Topics include local online visibility, websites, search-engine optimization, social-media marketing and reputation management, local listings and maps, pay-per-click advertising, and mobile search. The workshop is free, but pre-registration is required, and space is limited. To register, call (413) 584-1900 or e-mail [email protected]
• March 25: 20th Annual Table Top Expo and Business Networking Event, 4:30 -7 p.m., at the Log Cabin Banquet and Meeting House, 500 Easthampton Road, Holyoke. Exhibitor cost: $125 for a table. Admission: $10 in advance, $15 at the door. To register, call (413) 584-1900 or e-mail [email protected]
GREATER WESTFIELD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• March 3: Mayor’s Coffee Hour, 8-9 a.m., at Genesis Health Center, 60 East Silver St., Westfield. For more information, contact the chamber at (413) 568-1618, or e-mail [email protected]
• March 12: After 5 Connection, 5-7 p.m., at Nora’s Restaurant, 106 Point Grove Road, Southwick. Tickets are $10 for members, $15 for non-members; cash at the door. Your first After 5 is free. For more information, contact the chamber at (413) 568-1618, or e-mail [email protected]
• March 14: St. Patrick’s Day Breakfast, 7:15-9 a.m., at Scanlon Hall at Westfield State University. Platinum sponsor: Noble Hospital; gold sponsor, Westfield Gas & Electric; silver sponsor, FieldEddy; coffee bar, Sunshine Village. Tickets are $25 for members, $30 for non-members in advance. To register, contact Pam at the chamber office at (413) 568-1618, or e-mail [email protected] More information to follow as event draws nearer.
NORTHAMPTON AREA YOUNG PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY
• March 1: Springfield Symphony Orchestra “Bond and Beyond” Concert, 7:30 p.m., at Springfield Symphony Hall. Enjoy classic Bond music that spans generations. The SSO is offering NAYP members a deep discount on ticket prices. Visit the SSO website for more information. To redeem this discount, purchase through the SSO Box Office (in person or over the phone) and mention the discount code, BOND-NAYP.
PROFESSIONAL WOMEN’S CHAMBER
• March 19: Professional Women’s Chamber Headline Luncheon, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., at the Carriage House, Storrowton Tavern, 1305 Memorial Ave., West Springfield. The program will be “Three Professional Women: Three Lessons Learned,” featuring Maura McCaffrey of Health New England; Andrea Luppi of Columbia Gas of Massachusetts; and Anne Bruce of Smith & Wesson. Reservations are $25 for PWC members, $35 general admission. Reservations may be made online at www.myonlinechamber.com or by contacting Cecile Larose at [email protected]
WEST OF THE RIVER CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Feb. 26: West of the River Chamber of Commerce Legislative Breakfast, 7-9 a.m., at Storrowton Tavern’s Carriage House, West Springfield. Cost: $25 for chamber members, $30 for non-members. For more information, contact the chamber office at (413) 426-3880 or e-mail [email protected]
YOUNG PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY OF GREATER SPRINGFIELD
• March 15: 2014 Young Professionals Cup Dodgeball Tournament, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., at Springfield College, Dana Gymnasium, 263 Alden St., Springfield. For more information, visit springfieldyps.com/2014-young-professionals-cup-dodgeball-tournament.