Chamber Corners: Upcoming Events
• May 7: ACCGS [email protected], 7:15-9 a.m., at Chez Josef, 176 Shoemaker Lane, Agawam. “Handicapping the Gubernatorial Elections with Political Consultant Anthony Cignoli.” Saluting Skoler Abbott & Presser, P.C. on its 50th anniversary and A.G. Miller Co. Inc. on its 100th anniversary. Reservations are $20 for members, $30 for general admission. Reservations may be made online at www.myonlinechamber.com or by contacting Cecile Larose at [email protected]
• May 14: ERC Feast in the East, 5:30-7:30 p.m., at Twin Hills Country Club, 700 Wolf Swamp Road, Longmeadow. Local restaurants showcase their signature dishes. Cost: $25. Reservations may be made online at www.myonlinechamber.com or by contacting Cecile Larose at [email protected]
• May 21: Capital Matchmaking/Business Coaching, 1-4 p.m., at La Quinta Inn and Suites, 100 Congress St., Springfield. Business borrower and lender matchmaking event, ideal for small businesses. Presented by the U.S. Small Business Administration and Common Capital, in cooperation with the Affiliated Chambers of Commerce of Greater Springfield. Reservations are complimentary, but required. Contact Oreste Varela at [email protected] or (413) 785-0484 for details.
• May 27: ACCGS Pastries, Politics & Policy, 8-9 a.m., at TD Bank Conference Center, 1441 Main St., Springfield. Designed for political and policy junkies, featuring a policy expert and member of the Patrick administration. Reservations are $15 for members, $25 for general admission, and may be made online at www.myonlinechamber.com or by contacting Cecile Larose at [email protected]
AMHERST AREA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• May 14: Chamber After 5, 5-7 p.m., at Western MA Family Golf Center, 294 Russell St., Hadley. Try the golf simulator and mini-golf, or just enjoy watching and networking. Cost: $10 for members, $15 for guests.
• May 28: Chamber After 5, 5-7 p.m. at Amherst Laser and Skin Care Center, 264 North Pleasant St., Amherst. Cost: $10 for members, $15 for guests.
CHICOPEE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• May 21: 48th annual George Ryan & Stanley Kokoszka Golf Tournament, 10 a.m. start, at Chicopee Country Club. Cost: $125 per golfer.
• May 22: Business After Hours, 5-7 p.m., at WWLP-22News, One Broadcast Center, Chicopee. Tickets: $10 for pre-registered members, $15 for non-members.
• May 28: Salute Breakfast, 7:15-9 a.m. at Elms College. Tickets: $20 for members, $26 for non-members. Sign up online at www.chicopeechamber.org.
GREATER EASTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• May 8: Networking by Night. Call 527-9414 or e-mail [email protected] for more information. Cost: $5 for members, $15 for non-members.
GREATER HOLYOKE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• May 14: Economic Development Breakfast/Valley Venture Mentors, at Dean Technical High School, 1045 Main St., Holyoke. Sponsored by Ferriter Law and Dowd Insurance. Valley Venture Mentors provides key support to entrepreneurs and startups, connecting them to the mentors they need to grow their business. Breakfast will be followed by a tour of Dean Tech. Cost: $20 for chamber members, $ 30 for the public. Call the chamber at (413) 534-3376 for more information, or sign up online at holyokechamber.com.
• May 19: 46th annual Chamber Cup 2014 Golf Tournament, at Wyckoff Country Club, 233 Easthampton Road, Holyoke. Registration and lunch at 10:30 a.m., tee off at noon (scramble format), dinner afterward with elaborate food stations catered by the Log Cabin. Cost: $125 per player includes lunch, 18 holes of golf, cart, and dinner. Dinner only: $25. Winner awards, raffles, and cash prizes follow dinner. Tournament sponsors: Log Cabin and PeoplesBank. Corporate Sponsors: Dowd Insurance, Goss & McLain Insurance Agency, Holyoke Gas & Electric, Mountain View Landscapes, Holyoke Medical Center, People’s United Bank, and Resnic, Beauregard, Waite & Driscoll. Call the chamber office at (413) 534-3376 or register online at holyokechamber.com.
• May 28: Greater Holyoke Chamber of Commerce Annual Meeting, 5 p.m., at the Delaney House. Sponsored by the Greater Holyoke of Chamber Corporate Leaders. The program is followed by the presentation of the Fifield Award celebrating the volunteer of the year; join elected officials as they award various proclamations to the esteemed recipient. Networking and cocktails at 5, business meeting and elections at 5:30, dinner at 6. The program will include the chamber’s plan for 2014-15, an overview of how the chamber is working for members, and a salute to new members. Admission: $30 in advance, $40 at the door. The public is invited to attend.
• May 21: Chamber After Hours, 5-7 p.m., at Hotel D., 1 Country Club Way, Holyoke. Sponsored by Easthampton Saving Bank and hosted by chamber members. Cost: $10 for members, $15 for non-members.
GREATER NORTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• May 7: [email protected] 5, 5-7 p.m., at King & Cushman, 176 King St., Northampton. Sponsored by Applied Mortgage Services Corp., King Auto Body, and Goggins Real Estate. Cost: $10 for members, $15 for non-members. Register at [email protected]
• May 15: “Art of Small Business” series, “Managing Consultants,” 9-10:30 a.m., at the Greater Northampton Chamber of Commerce, 99 Pleasant St. Guest speaker: Don Lesser of Pioneer Training. Cost: $20 for members, $25 for non-members.
• May 19: Bitcoin Informational Seminar, 3-4 p.m. at Forbes Library, 20 West St., Northampton. Sponsored by the Greater Northampton Chamber of Commerce. Guest speaker: Jesse Vanek. This seminar examines basic Bitcoin concepts, including arguments for and against this powerful, often-misunderstood, and potentially disruptive new technology. Cost: free, but pre-registration is required. To register, call (413) 584-1900 or e-mail [email protected]
GREATER WESTFIELD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• May 14: After 5 Connection, 5-7 p.m., at the Noble & Cooley Center for Historical Preservation, 42 Water St., Granville. Bring a prospective member for free. Cost: $10 for members $15 cash at the door for non-members. Your first After 5 is free. To register, call Pam at the chamber office at (413) 568-1618.
• May 19: 53rd annual Golf Tournament, featuring prime rib and poker, at Shaker Farms Country Club. Registration is at 10 a.m., with a shotgun start at 11. Sponsorship opportunities are still available. Call Pam at the chamber office for more information at (413) 568-1618, or visit the chamber website.