Chamber Corners: Upcoming Events
AMHERST AREA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• July 21: Amherst Area Chamber of Commerce 11th Annual Golf Tournament, 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m., at Hickory Ridge Golf Course, Pomeroy Lane, Amherst. Registration and lunch are from 10:30 a.m. to noon, with a shotgun start at noon, and reception and dinner starting at 5 p.m. Cost: $125 per player. Presented by Hampshire Hospitality Group. Co-scholarship sponsor: Cooley Dickinson Health Care. Silver sponsors: Encharter Insurance, J.F. Conlon & Associates, MBA. Lunch sponsor: Davis Financial Group, LLC. Dinner sponsor: Fallon Community Health Plan. Bronze sponsors: Daily Hampshire Gazette, NEPM, Steve Lewis Subaru. Carts sponsor: Taylor Rental. Water sponsor: Atkins Farms Country Market. Towels: Hampshire College.
CHICOPEE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• July 16: Summer Sizzle, 4:30-7 p.m., hosted by the Chicopee Moose Family Center, 244 Fuller Road in Chicopee. This year’s theme is Old Vegas. Enjoy a great menu by Log Rolling, featuring Golden Nugget chicken, Caesar’s Palace salad, roulette burgers, Sinatra franks, Sahara sweet potato fries, Flamingo french fries, Stardust sides (cheese, peppers, and onions), Desert Inn desserts, iced tea, and lemonade. After you enjoy dinner, stop by one of the many casino games and see if you can win big, or play a few of the popular summer games such as the water balloon toss. Tickets cost $25.
• Aug. 21: Member Workshop, 9-11 a.m., hosted by La Quinta Inn & Suites, 100 Congress St. in Springfield. Sponsored by First American Insurance Agency. “You’re Social. Now What? Is It Working?” You’ve thought about what social networks to use for your business or nonprofit, and you’re ready to take the next step. Where do you go from there? This workshop will give you a closer look at the popular social-media channels — Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Google+. We’ll show you the benefits of using each, how other organizations are marketing with them, and some dos and don’ts of each channel. You’ll also get tips on how to tell if your social media activity is working. Free to members.
GREATER EASTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• July 25: 30th Annual Golf Tournament, at Southampton Country Club, 329 College Highway, Southampton. Scramble format with 9 a.m. shotgun start. Games, contests, and raffles. Team fees include lunch and steak dinner. Major sponsors: Easthampton Savings Bank and Five Star Building Corp. Event sponsors: Innovative Business Systems Inc. and TurningLeaf Design. Opportunities for business exposure include tee sponsors, donations to the golfer’s gift bag, and raffle-prize donations. Team fees: $440; tee sponsorships: $75/$125. This year’s 30th anniversary tournament will honor William Cater Jr., the first golf chairman. Contact the chamber to sign up a team, arrange a sponsorship, or make a raffle or gift prize donation.
• Aug. 14: Networking by Night Business Card Exchange, 5-7 p.m., hosted by Freedom Credit Union and Wireless Zone of Easthampton, 422 Main St., Easthampton. Sponsorship opportunities available for this event. Door prizes, hors d’ouevres, host beer and wine. Tickets: $5 for members, $15 for future members. RSVP requested at (413) 527-9414.
GREATER HOLYOKE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Aug. 13: Networking Across the River, 5:30-7:30 p.m., hosted and sponsored by Brunelle’s Marina, 1 Alvord St., South Hadley. Join an evening of networking with the Greater Holyoke and South Hadley/Granby Chambers of Commerce as we cruise along the Connecticut River on the Lady Bea. Tickets are $20 for members. Seats are limited. To sign up, call the chamber office at (413) 534-3376 or register online at www.holyokechamber.com.
• Aug. 20: Chamber Summer Business Breakfast, 7:30-9 a.m., hosted by Yankee Pedlar, 1866 Northampton St., Holyoke. Sponsored by Lyon & Fitzpatrick, LLC Tickets: $20 for members and advance reservations, and $30 for non-members and at the door. Price includes a hot buffet.
NORTHAMPTON AREA YOUNG PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY
• July 24: Metacomet Monadnock Hike, 5:30 p.m. Join us for a 4.6-mile loop hike on Mt. Holyoke in Hadley. We will take a rarely traveled route that includes some of the best views in Massachusetts, along with a plane crash site, old carriage roads, and the famous Summit House. This hike has 1,200 feet of elevation gain and is mostly moderate with some strenuous sections. Be sure to bring sturdy shoes, water, a flashlight, and bug spray. We will meet at 5:30 at the Metacomet Monadnock trailhead on Old Mountain Road in Hadley. Please note that the trailhead is not at the gate for the auto road up Mt. Holyoke; it is located at the other end of Old Mountain Road. You can park on the side of the road next to the trailhead. Look for the NAYP sign.
WEST OF THE RIVER CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Aug. 18: Annual Golf Tournament, at the Ranch Golf Course, Southwick. Registration is at 11:30 a.m., with lunch at noon and a shotgun start at 1 p.m. Cost: $125 for golf and dinner. For more information or for tickets, contact the chamber office at (413) 426-3880 or e-mail [email protected].
GREATER WESTFIELD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 8: Open House, 4-7 p.m. The Greater Westfield Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce its new office at 16 North Elm St. in Westfield. Please join us for an open house.
YOUNG PROFESSIONAL SOCIETY OF GREATER SPRINGFIELD
• July 24: Great Golf Escape 2014, hosted by Wyckoff Country Club, Holyoke. Wyckoff is an 18-hole, par-69, 6,100-yard championship golf course built on the rolling property at the base of Mt. Tom. Gold Sponsors: Country Bank and Insurance Center of New England.