Chamber Corners: Upcoming Events
AFFILIATED CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE OF GREATER SPRINGFIELD
• Sept. 10: ERC5/ACCGS Millfest After 5, 5 p.m. to dusk, at Ludlow Mills, 100 State St., Ludlow. Tickets are $15 for members, $25 for general admission.
• Sept. 23: ACCGS Pastries, Politics & Policy, 8-9 a.m.
An informal roundtable discussion, designed for political and policy junkies. Reservations are $15 for members, $25 for general admission, which includes continental breakfast. Reservations may be made online at www.myonlinechamber.com.
• Sept. 30: Rake in the Business Table Top Showcase, 4:30-7 p.m., at the Castle of Knights, 1599 Memorial Dr., Chicopee. Network with more than 100 vendors. Reservations are $5 in advance, $10 at the door. Reservations may be made online at www.myonlinechamber.com.
GREATER CHICOPEE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 10: CEO Luncheon at the Munich Haus Restaurant. Registration at 11:45, lunch at noon. Network and hear from Eric Lapointe, executive vice president of the Springfield Falcons, who recently joined the organization and oversees all revenue-generating functions of the team. Tickets are $25 for members, $30 for general admission.
• Sept. 17: Salute Breakfast, 7:15-9 a.m., at the Collegian Court, 89 Park St., Chicopee. Tickets are $20 for members, $26 for non-members.
• Sept. 25: The “Taking Care of Business,” series continues with “Negotiating and Understanding Leases,” 9-11 a.m., at the Residence Inn by Marriott, 500 Memorial Dr., Chicopee. Sponsored by Common Capital. Cost is $20 for members, $30 for non-members.
• Sept. 30: Table Top Expo & Business Networking Event, 4:30-7 p.m., at the Castle of Knights, 1599 Memorial Dr. in Chicopee. Presented by the Greater Chicopee, Holyoke, and Westfield chambers of commerce and ACCGS. Tickets are $5 pre-registered, $10 at the door. Sign up at www.chicopeechamber.org.
GREATER EASTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 11: Networking By Night Business Card Exchange, 5-7 p.m., at the Look Park Garden House, 300 North Main St., Florence. Sponsored by Residential Mortgage Services. Door prizes, hors d’ouevres, host beer and wine. Tickets: $5 for members, $15 for future members. RSVP requested.
• Sept. 12-13: Electronic recycling fund-raiser, Sept. 12, 1-4 p.m.; Sept. 13, 8:30 to noon. Dropoff location at Liberty and Mechanic streets, Easthampton. Sponsored by Duseau Trucking LLC and A-Z Storage & Properties. Proceeds to benefit the chamber’s programs, including the Holiday Lighting Fund. Responsibly dispose of your old computers, monitors, TVs, telephones, stereos, and office or home appliances. No registration required; open to all members of the Greater Easthampton community. Nominal recycling fees. We cannot accept refrigerators, freezers, dehumidifiers, or any appliances containing freon. For more information, contact the chamber.
GREATER HOLYOKE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 10: Legislative Coffee Hour, 7:45-9 a.m., at Slainte Restaurant, 80 Jarvis Ave., Holyoke, featuring guest speakers Mayor Alex Morse, City Council President Kevin Jourdain, and City Treasurer Jon Lumbra. Sponsored by Ferriter Law and Marcotte Ford. Tickets are $18 for members, $25 at the door and for non-members.
• Sept. 17: Annual Outing Clambake, 5:30-8 p.m., at Holyoke Country Club, 3 Country Club Road, Holyoke. Lobster dinner, putting contest, raffle prizes, 50/50 raffle, chowder cookoff. Sponsored by United Water, Pioneer Valley Railroad, and CareerPoint. Tickets are $30 for members and advance reservations, and $40 for non-members and at the door. The public is invited to attend.
• Sept. 30: Table Top Showcase, 4:30-7 p.m., at the Castle of Knights in Chicopee. Four area chambers — Greater Holyoke, Greater Chicopee, Greater Westfield, and the ACCGS — are getting together to present a tabletop mini-trade show. Tables cost $125. Visitors pay $10 in advance and $15 at the door. Call the Holyoke Chamber at (413) 534-3376 to secure a table, or sign up online at holyokechamber.com.
GREATER NORTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 10: Northampton Chamber Monthly Arrive @5, 5-7 p.m. Arrive when you can, stay as long as you can. Sponsors: Greenfield Savings Bank, Hathaway Farms, and United Personnel. Tickets are $10 for members, $15 for non-members.
• Sept. 11: 2014 Workshop: “Introduction to Google Docs,” 9-11 a.m. at Pioneer Training, 139B Damon Road, Northampton. Pre-registration is required, and space is limited. Tickets are $20 for members, $25 for non-members. To register, e-mail [email protected]
GREATER WESTFIELD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 8: Chamber Open House, 4-7 p.m., at the Greater Westfield Chamber, 16 North Elm St., Westfield. Help us celebrate our new location by stopping in to see our new office. Refreshments will be served.
• Sept. 9: Lunch & Lecture Series 1, presented by Tim Flynn, AAMS, Edward Jones Investments, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., at Noble Hospital, Conference Room A, Westfield. Topic: “Retirement and Investments for Business.” Cost: free to chamber members, $25 for non-members, or $60 for all three in the series. For more information, call Pam at the chamber office at (413) 568-1618.
• Sept. 10: After 5 Connection, 5-7 p.m., at the Holiday Inn Express, 39 Southampton Road, Westfield. Sponsored by Advanced Medical Consulting and Billing. Complimentary refreshments provided. Walk-ins are welcome. Cost is $10 for members, $15 for non-members (cash at the door). To register, call Pam at the chamber office at (413) 568-1618.
• Sept. 15: Speaker Series, part 1 of 3. “Legal Issues Affecting Business,” presented by Royal LLP, 8-9:15 a.m., at the Genesis Spiritual Life & Conference Center, Westfield. Cost: free to chamber members, $25 for non-members, or $60 for all three in the series. For more information, call Pam at the chamber office, (413) 568-1618.
• Sept. 19: September Breakfast, 7:15-9 a.m., at the 104th Fighter Wing ANG, 175 Falcon Dr., Westfield. Sponsors: Platinum, Westfield Bank; Gold, Savage Arms; Silver, Prolamina and Wealth Technology Group. Speaker: Dr. Alan Robinson, co-author of The Idea-Driven Organization. Cost is $25 for members, $30 for non-members. To register, call Pam at the chamber office at (413) 568-1618. Consider donating a raffle prize to the event.
• Sept. 30: 17th Annual Table Top Showcase, 4:30-7 p.m., at the Castle of Knights, Chicopee. Cost: $5 in advance through the chamber or $10 at the door. Opportunities available for sponsorships and exhibitor tables. For more information, call Pam at the chamber office at (413) 568-1618.
PROFESSIONAL WOMEN’S CHAMBER
• Sept. 24: PWC Headline Luncheon, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Yankee Pedlar, 1866 Northampton St., Holyoke. The speaker will be Jane Iredale, president and founder of Jane Iredale Skin Care. Tickets are $25 for members, $35 for general admission.
SOUTH HADLEY GRANBY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 16: “What’s Your Granby Business?” Open House, 5 p.m., hosted by the new Granby Free Public Library, 297 East State St., Granby. Mingle with South Hadley and Granby business people and check out the beautiful new Granby library. Finger food and beverages. Tickets are $5 for chamber members, $10 for non-members, unless you are a Granby business owner — then it’s free.
WEST OF THE RIVER CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 8: Open House, 4-7 p.m. The Greater Westfield Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce its new office at 16 North Elm St. in Westfield. Join us for an open house.
• Sept. 17: Networking Lunch, noon to 1:30 p.m. at Kaptain Jimmy’s, 916 Suffield St, Agawam. Network with fellow chamber members over lunch. Each member will get approximately one minute to offer a brief pitch about their company. E-mail [email protected] to register.