Eleven Attorneys from Shatz, Schwartz and Fentin Earn Recognition
SPRINGFIELD — Shatz, Schwartz and Fentin announced that eight attorneys from the firm were selected to the 2018 Massachusetts Super Lawyers List and three attorneys were selected to the 2018 Massachusetts Rising Stars List.
Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business, is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The annual selections are made using a multi-phase process that includes a statewide survey of lawyers, an independent research evaluation of candidates, and peer reviews by practice area.
• Shareholder Michele Feinstein was recognized for the 12th year in the fields of estate planning and probate;
• Shareholder Gary Fentin was selected for the 13th year in the field of government finance;
• Shareholder Carol Cioe Klyman was recognized for the 14th year in the field of elder law;
• Managing Partner Timothy Mulhern was selected in the field of tax law for the 11th consecutive year;
• Shareholder Steven Schwartz was selected for the 13th time in the field of business and corporate law;
• Shareholder James Sheils was selected for the fourth consecutive year in the field of banking law;
• Shareholder Ann (Ami) Weber was selected for the 15th consecutive year in the field of elder law; and
• Shareholder Steven Weiss was selected in the field of business bankruptcy for the 12th consecutive year.
Additionally, three attorneys have been selected to the 2018 Massachusetts Rising Stars list. To be eligible for inclusion in Rising Stars, a candidate must be either 40 years old or younger or in practice for 10 years or less.
• Attorney Mark Esposito was recognized in the field of general litigation;
• Attorney Michael Fenton was selected for the fifth consecutive year in the fields of business and corporate law; and
• Shareholder David Webber was honored in the field of closely held business for the seventh consecutive year.