SPRINGFIELD — Downtown Springfield Toastmasters kicked off its 25th anniversary year by announcing its officers for 2022/23. They are:
• President: Steve Lanning (eight-year member);
• Vice president, Education: Andrew Watt (nine-year member);
• Vice president, Membership: Mechelle Decouteau (one-year member);
• Vice president, Public Relations: Shera Cohen (18-year member);
• Secretary/Treasurer: Dave Anderson (14 year member);
• Sergeant-at-Arms: Steve Lanning (eight-year member)
Toastmasters is not a course that is graded, but a club in which members give impromptu and planned speeches. It is an opportunity to learn, practice, and be evaluated in a non-threatening setting.