Chamber Corners: Upcoming Events
• Oct. 2: Rake in the Business Tabletop Showcase, 4:30-7 p.m., 1599 Memorial Dr., Chicopee. The ACCGS has joined the Greater Chicopee, Holyoke, and Westfield chambers of commerce to bring members an affordable way to market their business. Platinum Sponsors: Charter Business, PeoplesBank, and Westfield Bank. Gold Sponsors: BusinessWest, First Niagara Bank, the Westfield News, and Harrington Insurance. Tables cost $100 and include table covering, skirt, and electricity (if needed). This opportunity is open to chamber members only. Make table reservations online at www.myonlinechamber.com, by calling CecileLarose at (413) 755-1313, or e-mailing [email protected] You may also fax your form to (413) 755-1322. The cost to attend the event is $5 if pre-registered, $10 at the door.
• Oct. 11: The Western Mass Business Expo, 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., MassMutual Center, Springfield. The ACCGS is partnering with BusinessWest on the event, which starts with the Chamber Breakfast at 7:30 a.m. in the ballroom, where Commissioner of Higher Education Richard Freeland will release the report “Time to Lead: the Need for Excellence in Massachusetts Public Higher Education.” Also planned are brief comments by area college presidents. Tickets cost $25 per person for breakfast and $45 per person for lunch. For reservations to the breakfast or lunch, contact Cecile Larose at [email protected], or register online at www.myonlinechamber.com.
• Oct. 17: Business After 5, 5-7 p.m., Six Flags New England, Agawam. Come join the chamber as Six Flags offers an inside look at the Looney Tunes characters and how they prepare to meet the public. Sponsorships are still available for this event. The Chamber has reduced the price of its After 5 this season to $5 for members and $10 for non-members. Reservations are accepted at www.myonlinechamber.com or by emailing Cecile Larose at [email protected] There will be food and a cash bar.
• Oct. 26: Super 60 Luncheon, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Chez Josef, 176 Shoemaker Lane, Agawam. This annual chamber event recognizes the top 60 companies in both revenue and growth. Presenting sponsor is Health New England. Other sponsorship opportunities are still available. Guest speakers are Stanley Kowalski III, owner and founder of FloDesign Inc., and Secretary of Housing and Economic Development Greg Bialecki, who will show how government and private industry can work together successfully in this environment. Cost is $50 for members, $70 for non-members. Reservations can be made online at www.myonlinechamber.com or by emailing Cecile Larose at [email protected]
Amherst Area Chamber of Commerce
• Oct. 4: Amherst Area Chamber of Commerce Annual Awards Dinner, 5:30-9 p.m., Lord Jeffery Inn. Annual Awards Dinner presented by PeoplesBank. Emceed by Monte Belmonte of 93.9 FM. This year’s A+ Awards recipients are the Hitchcock Center for the Environment, Legacy Award for Environmental Leadership; Ray Shafie, former owner of Copy Cat Print Shop, Lifetime Achievement in Business; Chris Riddle, retired architect and founder of Kuhn Riddle Architects, Lifetime Achievement in Business; Youssef Fadel, New England Promotional Marketing, Chamber MVP. Additional sponsors: Health New England, J.F. Conlon & Associates.
• Oct. 12: Chamber Legislative Breakfast, 7:15-9 a.m., Lord Jeffery Inn. Cost: $15 for non-members, $12 for members.
Franklin County Chamber of Commerce
• Oct. 12-13: Brick & Mortar International Video Arts Festival, 4-10 p.m., downtown Greenfield. A walking tour of video art. Free admission. See www.greenfieldvideofest.org for more information.
• Oct. 19: Breakfast Series Program, 7:30-9 a.m., Bella Notte Restaurant, Huckle Hill Road, Bernardston. Thank you to U.S. Rep. John Olver. Sponsored by Greenfield Cooperative Bank and the Academy at Charlemont. Cost: $12 for members, $15 for non-members. Call (413) 773-5463 for reservations.
Greater Easthampton Chamber of Commerce
• Oct. 6: Casino Night, 6-11 p.m., One Cottage St., Easthampton. Come try your luck at an array of gaming tables. Lucky winners will win prizes. Hors d’oeuvres and a cash beer and wine bar throughout the evening. Major Sponsors: Easthampton Savings Bank, Finck & Perras Insurance Agency. Cost: $25 in advance, $30 at the door. For more information, visit www.easthamptonchamber.org.
• Oct. 11: Networking by Night Business Card Exchange, 5-7 p.m., hosted and sponsored by Cooley Dickinson Southampton, Rehabilitation & Outpatient Services, Big Y Plaza, College Highway, Southampton. Hors d’oeuvres and door prizes. Cost: $5 for members, $15 for non-members.
• Oct. 22: Celebrity Bartenders Night, 6-9 p.m., Opa-Opa Steakhouse & Brewery, 169 College Highway, Southampton. Join us for a night of fun with local celebrities mixing drinks. Your tips benefit the chamber’s holiday-lighting fund. Raffles and fun. Free admission.
Greater Holyoke Chamber of Commerce
• Oct. 2: Rake in the Business Table Top Showcase, 5-7:30 p.m., Chicopee Castle of Knights. Four area chambers — Holyoke, Chicopee, Westfield, and ACCGS — are getting together to present a tabletop mini-trade show. Tables cost $100. Call (413) 534-3376 to register, or sign up online at www.holyokechamber.com.
• Oct. 3: Sales Training Breakfast, 7:45-9 a.m., the Log Cabin, 500 Easthampton Road, Holyoke. “How to Close the Sale in the New Economy,” Marc Wayshak, author of two books on sales and leadership, shares his revolutionary selling system for salespeople, entrepreneurs, and companies alike. Cost: $25 for members, $30 at the door and for non-members. Call (413) 534-3376 to register, or sign up online at www.holyokechamber.com.
• Oct. 10: Autumn Business Breakfast, 7:30-9 a.m., the Log Cabin, 500 Easthampton Road, Holyoke. Sponsored by the Republican and Holyoke Medical Center. Recognizing new members, business milestones, and networking breakfast meeting. Cost: $20 in advance, $25 at the door, $30 for non-members. Call (413) 534-3376 to register, or sign up online at www.holyokechamber.com.
• Oct. 17: Chamber After Hours, 5-7 p.m., the Pioneer Valley Railroad train at Holyoke Heritage Park. Business networking event to take place on a train car and caboose, including a 50/50 raffle, a variety of door prize, and complimentary appetizers and beverages. Cost: $10 for members, $15 for non-members. Call (413) 534-3376 to register, or sign up online at www.holyokechamber.com.
• Oct. 22: “Building a Small Business” Seminar, the PeoplesBank Conference Center at the Kittredge Business Center. Reception at 5 p.m., followed by a 6 p.m. panel discussion on “Writing a Business Plan, Sales, Marketing, Networking, and Adapting to a Changing Economy.” Free admission. Call Joanna Brown at (413) 552-2253.
Greater Northampton Chamber of Commerce
• Oct. 3: Arrive @ 5, 5-7 p.m., 99 Pleasant St., Northampton. Sponsored by Innovative Business Systems, Crocker Communications, and Pioneer Training. Cost: $10 for members.
Professional Women’s Chamber
• Nov. 14: November Luncheon, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Max’s Tavern, MassMutual Room, Basketball Hall of Fame, Springfield. Guest Speaker: Lynn Ostrowski of Health New England. Cost: $25 for members, $35 for non-members.
Greater Westfield Chamber of Commerce
• Oct. 2: Rake in the Business Table Top Showcase, Castle of Knights, Chicopee. Presented by the Greater Chicopee, Greater Holyoke, Greater Westfield, and Affiliated Chambers of Commerce of Greater Springfield. Exhibitor tables cost $100.00 (Westfield’s new members get a 50% discount), and each receive six extra passes to the show. Cost: $5 in advance, $10 at the door. Each ticket is entered into a drawing for a Kindle Touch with a leather case. Platinum Sponsors are Westfield Bank, PeoplesBank, and Charter Business; Gold Sponsors are BusinessWest, the Westfield News, First Niagara, and Harrington Insurance Agency Inc. Call Pam at (413) 568-1618 or e-mail [email protected] to register.
• Oct. 17: WestNet Oktoberfest, 5-7 p.m., East Mountain Country Club, 1458 East Mountain Road, Westfield. Sponsors: Comcast and Frosted Swirl Cupcakes. Cost: $10 for members, $15 cash for non-members. Your first WestNet is always complimentary. Call Pam at (413) 568-1618 or e-mail [email protected] to register.