Chamber Corners: Upcoming Events
• Nov. 7: Chamber’s [email protected], at Ludlow Country Club, Tony Lema Drive in Ludlow. Registration begins at 7 a.m., the buffet opens at 7:30, and the program begins at 7:55. Guest Speaker is Tony Cignoli, who will be giving a recap of the elections. Coffee Bar Sponsor is Reminder Publications. Salutes will be given to Reminder Publications on its 50th anniversary and Columbia Gas on its 165th anniversary. Cost to attend is $20 for chamber members and $30 for non-chamber members. Reservations should be made in advance at www.myonlinechamber.com, by faxing information to (413) 755-1322, or by e-mailing Cecile Larose at [email protected] Sponsorships are still available. Contact Larose at (413) 755-1313 if you are interested.
• Nov. 29: Government Reception, at Storrowton Tavern on the Eastern States Exposition grounds. Sponsors for this event are Columbia Gas of Massachusetts, Verizon, Baystate Health, and Western Mass. Electric Co. Tickets are $50 for members and $70 for non-members. To make reservations, go online to www.myonlinechamber.com, e-mail Cecile Larose at [email protected], or fax your reservation to (413) 755-1322. Sponsorships are available. Contact Cecile Larose if you are interested.
CHICOPEE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Nov. 14: Greater Chicopee Chamber of Commerce November Salute Breakfast, from 7:15 to 9 a.m., Summit View Banquet & Meeting House, 555 Northampton St., Holyoke. Speakers are state Sen. Senator Gail Candaras and state Rep. Joseph Wagner. Among the topics they will address are transportation and gaming. Cost is $20 for members and $26 for non-members. Sign up online at www.chicopeechamber.org.
GREATER HOLYOKE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Nov. 14: Chamber After Hours, 5-7 p.m., at Eighty Jarvis Restaurant, Holyoke. This Business networking event includes a 50/50 raffle, door prizes, and a bake sale. Local accountants and lawyers may attend this event as the chamber’s guests at no charge. Cost is $10 for members, $15 for non-members. Call the chamber at (413) 534-3376 to register, or sign up online at holyokechamber.com.
• Nov. 15: SBA Business Plan Basics Seminar, 9-11 a.m., at the chamber offices. This workshop will focus on management fundamentals from start-up considerations through business-plan development. Topics will include financing, marketing, and business planning. Presented by Allen Kronick of the Mass. Small Business Development Center Network. Cost is $40, which includes a continental breakfast. Call the chamber at (413) 534-3376 to register, or sign up online at holyokechamber.com.
• Nov. 29: SBA Marketing Basics Seminar, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., at the chamber offices. This workshop will focus on the basic disciplines of marketing, beginning with research — primary, secondary, qualitative, and quantitative. The core focus will be on developing and keeping a customer. Topics will include advertising, public relations, and the importance of developing a marketing plan. Presented by Dianne Doherty, director of the Mass. Small Business Development Center Network. Cost is $40, which includes a light lunch. Call the chamber at (413) 534-3376 to register, or sign up online at holyokechamber.com.
GREATER NORTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Nov. 7: Networking Training Session, 4:15-5 p.m. at the Northampton Survival Center, 265 Prospect St., Northampton, prior to the [email protected]
• Nov. 7: [email protected], 5-7 p.m. at the Northampton Survival Center, 265 Prospect St., Northampton. Arrive when you can, stay as long as you can. A casual mix and mingle with colleagues and friends. Sponsored by Masiello Employment Services, Webber & Grinnell Insurance, and Dr. Hauschka Skin Care. Cost: $10 for members, $15 for non-members.
PROFESSIONAL WOMENS CHAMBER
• Nov. 14: November Luncheon, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., at Max’s Tavern, Springfield, at the Basketball Hall of Fame, MassMutual Room. Guest speaker is Lynn Ostrowski of Health New England. Cost: $25 for members, $35 for non-members.
SOUTH HADLEY/GRANBY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Nov. 14: Economic Summit, 8-9:30 a.m. at Mount Holyoke College. Guest speaker is James Hartley, professor of Economics, who will talk on current state of the economy. Cost is $15 per person for breakfast. RSVP to [email protected] or call (413) 532-6451.
• Nov. 30: Holiday Party, 5-7 p.m. Sponsor: Village Eye Care. Cost: $5 per person.
GREATER WESTFIELD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Nov. 14: Annual Meeting and Awards Dinner, 6-9 p.m. at Shaker Farms Country Club, 866 Shaker Road, Westfield. Salute the Business Leader of the Year, Jeffrey Daley, city advancement officer. Guest speaker will be state Sen. Michael Knapik. Platinum sponsor: Westfield State University; Gold sponsors: First Niagara and Noble Hospital; Silver sponsors: Berkshire Bank and Savage Arms. Cost: $45 for members; $50 for non-members. To register, call Pam at (413) 568-1618, or e-mail [email protected]