Chamber Corners: Upcoming Events
• Oct. 8: ACCGS Lunch ‘n’ Learn, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., Lattitude Restaurant, 1388 Memorial Ave., West Springfield. Liz Provo, authorized local representative for Constant Contact, will present “Social Media for Small Business Success.” Cost: $25 for members, $35 for general admission. Reservations may be made online at www.myonlinechamber.com.
• Oct. 29: ACCGS Western Mass. Business Expo Breakfast, 7:15-9 a.m., MassMutual Center, 1277 Main St., Springfield. Keynote speaker: Gov. Deval Patrick. Cost: $25 in advance, $30 at the door. Reservations may be made online at www.myonlinechamber.com.
• Oct. 29: PWC Western Mass. Business Expo Headline Luncheon, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., MassMutual Center, 1277 Main St., Springfield. Keynote speaker: Patricia Diaz Dennis, retired senior vice president and assistant general counsel for AT&T. Cost: $40. Reservations may be made online at www.myonlinechamber.com.
AMHERST AREA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Oct. 9: Chamber Brown Bag, 12:30-2 p.m. Hosted by the Jones Library (Woodbury Room). Topic: “The Entrepreneurial Equation.” This event will give you ideas for putting banking, retirement, and insurance tools to work so you can help build and protect your business according to your short-and long-term goals. Presenter: Tom McRae, Edward Jones. Event is free and open to the public. Bring a lunch.
• Oct. 9: Chamber Ribbon Cutting Ceremony, 12:30-1 p.m., at Downtown Mindfulness, 67 North Pleasant St., Amherst. Join us in welcoming Downtown Mindfulness to the Amherst area. Light hors d’oeuvres and refreshments will be served. Event is free and open to the public.
• Oct. 24: Legislative Breakfast, 7:15-9 a.m. Hosted by the Lord Jeffery Inn, 30 Boltwood Ave., Amherst. This is your chance to rub elbows with Amherst-area elected officials. Cost: $15 for chamber members, $20 for non-members. To RSVP, call Tammy-Lynn at (413) 253-0700 or e-mail [email protected]
GREATER CHICOPEE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Oct. 9: Taking Care of Business, Workshop #3, “Human Resources: Best Practices for Small Businesses,” 9-11 a.m. Hosted by Hampton Inn, 600 Memorial Dr., Chicopee. Learn about recruitment and hiring, employee benefits and labor laws, and unemployment Insurance. Presenter: Employers Assoc. of the NorthEast. Cost: $20 for members, $30 for non-members.
• Oct. 15: Salute Breakfast, 7:15-9 a.m. Hosted by the Log Cabin Banquet & Meeting House, 500 Easthampton Road, Holyoke. Cost: $20 for members, $26 for non-members.
• Oct. 23: Auction/Beer & Wine Tasting, 6-9 p.m., Delaney House, 3 Country Club Road, Holyoke. The public is welcome to attend and enjoy tastings from Kappy’s Liquors and Williams Distributing Corp., and delicious gourmet food by the Delaney House. Take some photos in the complimentary photo booth and bid on auction items such as gift baskets and gift certificates to area restaurants.
• Oct. 30: Taking Care of Business, Workshop #4: “How to Retain Your Top Talent,” 9-11 a.m. Hosted by Hampton Inn, 600 Memorial Dr., Chicopee. Learn about recruitment and turnover costs, production loss, and retraining. Presenter: James Percy, Willard Financial Group, LLC. Cost: $20 for members, $30 for non-members.
GREATER EASTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Oct. 9: Networking by Night Business Card Exchange, 5-7 p.m., hosted and co-sponsored by Eastworks & Riff’s Joint, 116 Pleasant St., Easthampton. Door prizes, hors d’ouevres, beer and wine. Cost: $5 for members, $15 for future members. RSVP requested.
• Oct. 20: Celebrity Bartenders Night, 6-9 p.m., at Opa-Opa Steakhouse & Brewery, 169 College Highway, Southampton. Join us for a night of fun with local celebrities mixing drinks. Let us know if you are interested in bartending! Cash bar, raffles, and fun. Tips and donations benefit the chamber’s downtown Holiday Lighting Fund. Admission: free.
• Oct. 23: Workforce Training Speaker Breakfast, part of the chamber’s Speaker Series 2014. Hosted by Southampton Country Club, 329 College Highway, Southampton. Come and learn about available state funding for employee training and technical assistance for any size business. Cost: $15 for chamber members, $20 for non-members. Call the chamber to sign up. Seating is limited.
GREATER HOLYOKE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Oct. 7, 21: Nov. 5: Ask a Chamber Expert Series: “How to Start and Maintain Your Own Business.” Get your business on the right track and join us for this member-taught, 10-class workshop series. Workshop schedule: Oct. 7, “Creating a Business Plan”; Oct. 21, “Learning the Law”; Nov. 5, “Insurance.” All workshops are held from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Holyoke Chamber of Commerce at 177 High St., and include light refreshments. Cost: $20 per session for members, or $175 for 10 classes. To sign up, call the chamber at (413) 534-3376 or visit holyokechamber.com.
• Oct. 8: Autumn Business Breakfast, 7:30-9 a.m., at the Log Cabin. Sponsored by the Republican and Holyoke Medical Center. Recognition of new members and business milestones, and networking breakfast meeting. Cost: $22 for members in advance, $28 for non-members and at the door. For reservations, call the chamber at (413) 534-3376.
• Oct. 15: Chamber After Hours, 5-7 p.m., hosted by Westfield Bank, 1642 Northampton St., Holyoke. Business networking event to take place under the tent. Food, networking, 50/50 raffle, and door prizes. Cost: $10 for members, $15 for the public. To sign up, call the chamber at (413) 534-3376 or visit holyokechamber.com.
GREATER NORTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Oct. 8: “Make the Web Work for You,” 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Hosted by Greenfield Savings Bank, Community Room, 325 King St., Northampton. Presented by Tina Stevens of Stevens 470. Cost: $20 for members, $25 for non-members. RSVP required; space limited.
• Oct. 10: “Tips, Tricks, & Shortcuts,” 9-11 a.m., hosted by the Greater Northampton Chamber of Commerce, 99 Pleasant St., Northampton. Sponsosr: Pioneer Training. Special guest: Don Lesser. This workshop contains a variety of quick tips and tricks in Microsoft Word that will save you hours of time. Cost: $20 for members, $25 for non-members. RSVP; space limited.
GREATER WESTFIELD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Oct. 8: After 5 Connection, 5-7 p.m., hosted by East Mountain Country Club, Westfield. Great connection opportunities, including speed connecting. Complimentary hors d’oeuvres, cash bar. Walk-ins welcome. Cost: $10 for members, $15 for non-members (cash at the door). To register, call Pam at the chamber at (413) 568-1618.
• Oct. 14: Lunch & Lecture Series #3, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., hosted by Noble Hospital, Conference Room A, Westfield. Topic: “Retirement & Investments for Business.” Presented by Tim Flynn of Edward Jones Investments. Cost: free to chamber members, $25 for non-members. For more information, call Pam at the chamber office, (413) 568-1618.
• Oct. 20: Speaker Series (2 of 3), “Common and Costly Employment-law Mistakes Made by Small Businesses,” 8-9:15 a.m., presented by Royal, LLC. Hosted by Genesis Spiritual Life & Conference Center, Westfield. Cost: free to chamber members, $25 for non-members. For more information, call Pam at the chamber office, (413) 568-1618.
PROFESSIONAL WOMEN’S CHAMBER
• Oct. 14: PWC Ladies Night, 5-7 p.m. Complimentary wine, refreshments, and networking. Reservations are complimentary but suggested, by contacting Dawn Creighton at [email protected] or (413) 530-0545.
WEST OF THE RIVER CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Oct. 9: Agawam Candidates Forum, 6-9 p.m., hosted by Roberta G. Doering School, 68 Main St., Agawam. For the first half of this state representatives / state Senate debate, questions will be solicited in advance from WRC members and the general public. The second half of the debate will be performed in the Lincoln-Douglas format, where candidates will have the opportunity to pose questions to each other.
• Oct. 15: Networking Lunch, noon to 1:30 p.m., hosted by Crestview Country Club, Agawam. Enjoy a sit-down lunch while networking with fellow chamber members. Each attendee will get a chance to offer a brief sales pitch. You must be a member or guest of a member to attend. The only cost to attend is the cost of lunch. Attendees will order off the menu and pay separately that day. We cannot invoice you for these events. For more information, contact the chamber office at (413) 426-3880 or email [email protected]
• Oct. 16: Breakfast Meeting, 7-9 a.m., hosted by Lattitude, West Springfield. The featured emcee is political consultant Anthony Signoli, speaking on the potential casino and how it may affect local business and the general public. Cost: $25 for chamber members, $30 for non-members. For more information, contact the chamber office at (413) 426-3880 or email [email protected]