Chamber Corners: Upcoming Events September 7, 2015
A schedule of Western Massachusetts Chambers of Commerce events September 7, 2015
• Sept. 16: ACCGS September 2015 Speed Networking, 3:30-5 p.m. at Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing, 807 Wilbraham Road, Springfield. Network in a fast-paced, round-robin format, then stay for the After 5. Speed Networking admission includes admission to the After 5. For more information, call Sarah Mazzaferro at (413) 755-1313. Cost: $20 for members in advance), $25 for members at the door, $25 for non-members.
• Sept. 16: ACCGS September 2015 After 5, 5-7 p.m., at Loomis Lakeside at Reeds Landing, 807 Wilbraham Road, Springfield. Say goodbye to summer at the lake. For more information, call Sarah Mazzaferro at (413) 755-1313. Cost: $5 for members, $10 for non-members.
• Sept. 22: ACCGS September 2015 Pastries, Politics, and Policies, 8-9 a.m., at the TD Bank Conference Center, 1441 Main St., Springfield. Featuring state Sen. Benjamin Downing, chair of the Joint Committee on Telecommunications, Utilities, and Energy. For more information, call Sarah Mazzaferro at (413) 755-1313. Cost: $15 for members, $25 for non-members.
AMHERST AREA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 9: After 5, at Amherst Golf Club, 365 South Pleasant St., Amherst. Sponsored in part by Restore Physical Therapy and Wellness, LLC. Gather for cocktails and light refreshments and mix and mingle with other fellow businessmen and women. Cost: $10 for members, $15 for non-members. To register, visit www.amherstarea.com or call the chamber office at (413) 253-0700.
• Sept. 18: Chamber Breakfast, 7:15 a.m., at the Marriott, 423 Russell St., Hadley. Guest speaker: Ryan Bamford, director of UMass Athletics. Cost: $15 for members, $20 for non-members. To register, visit www.amherstarea.com or call (413) 253-0700.
GREATER CHICOPEE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 10: Auction/Beer & Wine Tasting, 6-9 p.m., at the Delaney House, 3 Country Club Road, Holyoke. Presented by Chicopee Savings Bank. Cost: $35 per person. For more information or to register, visit www.chicopeechamber.org
• Sept. 11: CEO Luncheon with Charlie Epstein of Epstein Financial, 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m., at Collegian Court restaurant, 89 Park St., Chicopee. Cost: $25 for members, $35 for non-members.
• Sept. 16: Salute Breakfast, 7:15-9 a.m., at LifePoint Church, 603 New Ludlow Road, Chicopee. Cost: $23 for members, $28 for non-members. For more information or to register, visit www.chicopeechamber.org.
• Sept. 23: Business After Hours, 5-7 p.m., at Marcotte Ford, 1025 Main St., Holyoke. Cost: $10 for members, $15 for non-members. For more information or to register, visit www.chicopeechamber.org.
GREATER HOLYOKE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 16: Annual Clambake 2015, 5-7 p.m., at Holyoke Country Club, One Country Club Road. Treat your client to golf or make this your employee appreciation dinner. Purchase Clambake tickets in advance and play golf (with cart) for $15. Jazz on the patio by Simmer Music. Prize packages auction; win a chance to enter a hole-in-one putting contest to win $1,000. Cost: $35 per ticket, with a 10% discount for seven or more tickets.
• Sept. 17: Leadership Holyoke 2015-16, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., city tour. Meet at Holyoke Community College, and tour the Massachusetts Green High Performance Computing Center. Get an overview of community demographics and history, and meet community leaders. A series of seven days comprise Leadership Holyoke 2015-16. Faculty members from HCC will participate as instructors and facilitators. Community leaders will participate as speakers and discussion leaders. Program locations subject to change. The program will teach participants to apply skills in an organizational setting, expand the individual’s problem-solving methods, skills, and strategies for achieving change; explore leadership styles that are critical to the effective service of potential volunteers; and give participants an in-depth look at the community’s resources, assets, challenges, and opportunities. For business people learning to become community leaders, tuition is $595, due at the start of the course. The fee also covers continental breakfasts, the graduation luncheon, and a trip to the State House in Boston.
GREATER NORTHAMPTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 9: Northampton Chamber Monthly [email protected], 5-7 p.m., at the Academy of Music. Arrive when you can, stay as long as you can. A casual mix and mingle with your colleagues and friends. Sponsored by Thornes Marketplace, Johnson & Hill Staffing Service, and BusinessWest. Cost: $10 for members.
• Sept. 15: 2015 Workshop: “Spicing up Your PowerPoint Presentations,” 9-11 a.m., at the Greater Northampton Chamber of Commerce, 99 Pleasant St., Northampton. Presented by Pioneer Training. This workshop will focus on using PowerPoint features to take a presentation beyond a simple set of bulleted slides. You’ll learn to how to change slide layouts and designs easily and how to add tables, Smart Art, graphic effects, sound effects, and video to your presentation. You’ll also learn to work with master slides to make global changes to a presentation easily. The workshop will also focus on adding animations to text and objects on slides, as well as adding transitions between slides. You’ll learn how to rehearse the presentation and keep track of timing, how to annotate slides during a presentation, and a variety of handy shortcuts to use while giving a presentation. The workshop will also cover the options for printing a presentation, including how to print notes pages for the presenter and workshop participants. You’ll also learn how to add charts to a presentation, as well as a series of do’s and don’ts for effective presentation design. Cost: $20 for members, $30 for non-members. RSVP is required, and space is limited. To register, e-mail [email protected]
• Oct. 7: October Arrive @ 5 Open House, 5-7 p.m., at the Greater Northampton Chamber of Commerce. Sponsored by Pioneer Training, Innovative Business Systems, and Florence Savings Bank. Cost: $10 for members.
GREATER WESTFIELD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 9: September After 5 Connection, 5-7 p.m., at Tekoa Country Club, 459 Russell Road, Westfield. Refreshments will be served. Bring your business cards and make connections. To register, call Pam at the chamber office at (413) 568-1618. Cost: $10 for members, $15 cash for non-members.
• Sept. 14: Mayor’s Coffee Hour, 8-9 a.m. Join us for our monthly Mayor’s Coffee Hour with Westfield Mayor Dan Knapik, hosted by Mestek. This event is free and open to the public. Call Pam at the chamber office at (413) 568-1618 to register for this event so we may give our host a head count.
• Sept. 18: September Chamber Breakfast, 7-9 a.m., at the 104th Fighter Wing ANG, 175 Falcon Dr., Westfield. Platinum sponsor: Baystate Noble Hospital. Gold sponsor: United Bank. Silver sponsor: United Way of Pioneer Valley. For more information or to donate a raffle item, call Pam at the chamber at (413) 568-1618.
WEST OF THE RIVER CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
• Sept. 17: Networking Lunch, noon to 1:30 p.m., at Crestview Country Club in Agawam. Must be a member or guest of a member to attend. Enjoy a sit-down lunch while networking with fellow chamber members. Each attendee will get a chance to offer a brief sales pitch. The only cost to attend is the cost of lunch. Attendees will order off the menu and pay separately the day of the event. Please note, we cannot invoice you for these events. For more information, call the chamber office at (413) 426-3880, or e-mail [email protected]
• Sept. 24: Breakfast Seminar, 7-9 a.m., at Oakridge Country Club, Feeding Hills. Admission: $25 for chamber members, $30 for non-members. For more information and tickets, call the chamber office at (413) 426-3880, or e-mail [email protected]