Valley Gives Attracts Record Number of Nonprofits
PIONEER VALLEY — This year, 463 nonprofit organizations serving Western Mass. — more than 100 above the total in 2013 — will be raising money on Dec. 10 during Valley Gives, an annual, 24-hour e-philanthropy event.
This year, the event has a goal of attracting 20,000 donors. To help promote participation, Valley Gives organizers will have mobile teams appearing around Western Mass., spreading information about Valley Gives as well as using iPads to help passersby make gifts to their favorite nonprofits. The giving stations will be found at the following times and places:
• 8:30-10:30 a.m., Tower Square, 1500 Main St., Springfield
• 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Tower Square, 1500 Main St., Springfield
• 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Balise, 1399 Riverdale St., West Springfield
• 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Balise, 1979 Boston Road, Wilbraham
• 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Greenfield Community College: Street Level, 270 Main St., Greenfield
• 3:30-6:30 p.m., Big Y, 503 Memorial Ave., West Springfield
• 3:30-6:30 p.m., Big Y, 237 Mohawk Trail, Greenfield
• 3:30-6:30 p.m., Big Y, 136 North King St., Northampton
At the end of the day, a countdown-to-midnight celebration is being hosted at Luxe Burger Bar, 1200 West Columbus Ave., Springfield. The event, beginning at 7 p.m., is open to participating nonprofits and donors and is being organized by the Terrace Group.
A complete list of participants is available at valleygives.wordpress.com/2014-participants. Gifts can be made on Dec. 10 at www.valleygivesday.org. Valley Gives is spearheaded and hosted by the Community Foundation of Western Mass. Joining this effort as partners are eight of the leading funding organizations serving Western Mass., including the Jewish Federation of Western Mass., the Jewish Endowment Foundation, the Women’s Fund of Western Massachusetts, United Way of Hampshire County, United Way of Franklin County, United Way of Pioneer Valley, the Irene E. & George A. Davis Foundation, and the Beveridge Family Foundation.
Valley Gives is supported by presenting sponsor Balise Auto and featured sponsors Doherty, Wallace, Pillsbury & Murphy, Big Y, UBS Keady Foard Montemagni Wealth Management Group, and Easthampton Savings Bank. Underwriters include Paragus Strategic IT and Greenfield Cooperative Bank. Partners include Peter Pan, United Personnel, Andrew & Associates, as well as numerous individual donors.