People on the Move
United Bank announced the following:
• has been hired as Assistant Vice President and Residential Lending Sales Manager. She is a new addition to the United Bank team, bringing with her decades of experience in mortgage financing in the Greater Springfield area. As the assistant vice president and residential lending sales manager based at the bank’s corporate headquarters in West Springfield, Parzychowski is responsible for managing the residential-lending team of originators, as well as residential-mortgage business development. Parzychowski joins the bank from Mortgage Master in West Springfield, where she served as senior loan officer, a position she had also held previously with Family Choice Mortgage Corp. in West Springfield. She serves as chair of the Board of Directors for the Agawam Small Business Assistance Center, is immediate past president of the West Springfield/Agawam Kiwanis Club, and is active in several charitable organizations.
Attorney Susan Fentin, a partner with Skoler, Abbott & Presser, P.C., will be a key speaker at the 2011 Advanced Employment Issues Symposium in Nashville, Tenn. on Oct. 6 and 7. Fentin will be part of the keynote panel that will begin the symposium and will be speaking on independent contractor misclassification, a topic of significance for employers in Massachusetts and elsewhere in the U.S.
The Massachusetts Chamber of Business and Industry announced that Tamara Fricke has been named Vice President and Manager of Chamber Relations. She comes to the chamber with more than 15 years of professional experience in managing sales, marketing, and information-technology initiatives.
Dietz & Co. Architects announced the following:
• Jamie Kelliher has joined the firm. He graduated from Cornell University with a bachelor of Architecture degree and the University of Arizona with a master of Architecture degree in Urban Design. Prior to joining Dietz & Co. Architects, he worked at Drachman Institute for Regional Development in Tucson, Ariz. and Paolo Soleri/Arcosanti Planning Office in Mayer, Ariz., where he acquired experience working on complex, high-end, award-winning, multi-family, mixed-use building projects. He collaborated on the Soleri Bridge and Plaza in Scottsdale, Ariz., where the design incorporated hallmarks of Paolo Soleri’s signature style and was also designed to bring awareness of our human connection to the sun and the natural world;
• Josh Payne has joined the firm as an Architectural Associate. He graduated from Roger Williams University with a bachelor of Architecture Degree and studied planning, architectural design, and art history for a semester at Palazzo Rucellai in Florence, Italy. He acquired valuable experience collaborating on complex, high-end residential projects at a design firm in Great Barrington;
• Kris Kennedy has joined the firm as an Architectural Associate. He came to Dietz as an intern in the spring of 2010 and has since earned his master of Architecture degree from UMass Amherst. He was one of three graduates honored by the faculty of the Tau Sigma Delta National Honor Society, which is the only national honor society in architecture. He also acquired his certification as LEED AP BD+C. He was involved as a session chair at the NESEA Conference BE11 this past Spring. He is most interested in sustainability and community engagement through design; and
• Mark Hellen has joined the firm. He graduated from New York University and Boston Architectural College with a master of Architecture degree. Prior to joining the firm, he spent over 10 years at CBT in Boston, working on various educational, residential, and commercial projects. His extensive list of experience, regionally, includes the design of Turner Hill Cottage Development, a residential project on an exclusive golf course in Ipswich, Mass., and Northfield Mount Hermon Rhodes Art Center, an educational project encompassing multiple classroom, art, and performance spaces. His most complex past project is Champlain College, which included adding four dormitory buildings to an existing neighborhood.
Kristen Adams has been named eMarketing Officer for Florence Savings Bank. Adams joined FSB in June, having worked most recently as an Internet Marketing Manager at the Janlynn Corporation. Active in the community, Adams is a volunteer at Big Brothers Big Sisters and a member of Northampton Area Young Professionals.
Attorney Ryan Alekman, a Partner of Alekman DiTusa in Springfield, has been elected to a two-year term on the Board of Governors of the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys. A graduate of the Western New England College School of Law, he handles personal-injury and criminal-defense cases.
Nuvo Bank & Trust Co. has promoted Susan Fearn to Assistant Vice President in addition to her duties as Client Sales and Service Manager.
Brian O’Shea, Manager of the Holyoke McDonald’s, 285 Maple St., and Jeremy Zimowsky, manager of the 2194 Northampton St., Holyoke McDonald’s, are recipients of Outstanding Restaurant Manager awards by the Connecticut and Western Mass. McDonald’s Owner-Operator Assoc. The award recognizes managers whose McDonald’s restaurants operate at an outstanding level and exemplify leadership following McDonald’s key initiatives. The top 10% of restaurant managers are bestowed with the honor.
The Mass. Society of Certified Public Accountants Inc. recently elected its board of directors for the 2011-12 fiscal year. The MSCPA board of directors sets policies, manages programs, and oversees activities that benefit the 10,500-plus-member organization and accounting profession. The following will serve as board officers:
• Stuart Benton, CPA, Bradford Soapworks Inc., as chairman;
• Kenneth Kirkland, CPA, KAF Financial Group, as chairman-elect;
• Merrill Puopolo, CPA, CBIZ, Tofias & Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. – Tofias New England Division, as vice-chairwoman of finance;
• Tracy Noga, CPA, Bentley University, as vice chairwoman;
• William Mahoney, CPA, Edelstein & Co. LLP, as vice chairman;
• Jeffrey Solomon, CPA, Levine Katz Nannis + Solomon P.C., as past chairman; and
• Theodore Flynn, CAE, MSCPA, as president and CEO.
The following will sit on the board as members: Cheryl Burke, DiCicco Gulman & Co. LLP; Frank Constance, CPA, Coles & Bodoin LLP; Kristin Costa, CPA, Braver P.C.; Paul Gerry Jr., CPA, Gray Gray & Gray LLP; Gerald Gerson, CPA, Litman Gerson LLP; Scott Levy, CPA, Grant Thornton LLP; Kevin Martin Jr., CPA, MST, Kevin Martin & Associates P.C.; Carla McCall, CPA, Alexander Aronson Finning & Co. P.C.; Robb Morton, CPA, CITP, Boiselle Morton & Associates LLP; George Neble, CPA, Ernst & Young LLP; Charles O’Donnell, CPA, Hans Kissle Co. Inc.; and Carolyn Stall, CPA, Stall Advisors LLC.
The Springfield Technical Community College Foundation recently welcomed three new members to its board:
• Raymond Berry is Senior Vice President for Finance and Administration for the United Way of Pioneer Valley. He previously held positions at MARC: Community Resources, the Springfield Housing Authority, and the Mason Square Development Corp.;
• Sheila King Goodwin is Senior Vice President of Retail for PeoplesBank and previously held management positions at Citizens Bank and Fleet Bank; and
• Michael Weekes of Longmeadow is President and CEO of the Massachusetts Council of Human Service Providers, the state’s largest human-service
trade association, and also of the Human Services Providers Charitable Foundation.