People on the Move
The Springfield-based regional law firm Bacon Wilson, P.C. announced that six attorneys have been named to the 2014 New England Super Lawyers list, and four attorneys have been named to the 2014 New England Rising Stars list. Only 5% of New England’s lawyers were honored as Super Lawyers. They were identified for their background, experience, professional achievement, and peer recognition. Rising Stars are under 40 years old or have been practicing law for less than 10 years. Fewer than 2.5% of New England lawyers were named Rising Stars. The following Bacon Wilson attorneys were honored as Super Lawyers:
• Michael Katz, bankruptcy and business;
• Paul Rothschild, general litigation;
• Stephen Krevalin, real estate;
• Hyman Darling, estate planning and probate; and
• Gina Barry, estate planning and probate.
The following Bacon Wilson attorneys were honored as Rising Stars:
• Adam Basch, construction litigation;
• Todd Ratner, estate planning and probate;
• Kevin Maltby, employment and labor; and
• Spencer Stone, business/corporate.
PeoplesBank has announced the appointment of Donna George-Ebbeling as First Vice President and Credit Risk Manager. She brings more than 32 years of banking experience to her new position. George-Ebbeling’s responsibilities include all aspects of credit and loan administration as well as the development of loan policies and procedures. She also manages the credit-analysis function and oversees the commercial-loan administration area. George-Ebbeling received a bachelor’s degree in English from Fairfield University. She also holds a master’s degree in finance from UMass Amherst.
Robinson Donovan, P.C., announced that eight of its attorneys have been named to the 2015 Massachusetts Super Lawyers list. In addition, three attorneys were named Rising Stars, a designation for attorneys 40 years old or younger or in practice for 10 years or fewer. No more than 5% of lawyers in a state are named to Super Lawyers, and no more than 2.5% are named to Rising Stars. “Super Lawyers is proud to provide visibility to outstanding attorneys,” said Julie Gleason, director of research for Super Lawyers. Added Jeffrey Roberts, the firm’s managing partner, “the number of attorneys receiving this award at Robinson Donovan highlights the quality of the firm’s lawyers and their dedication to the practice of law.” Robinson Donovan attorneys on the 2015 Massachusetts Super Lawyers and Rising Stars lists, and the practice areas in which they are recognized, are as follows:
• Jeffrey Roberts, partner, estate planning and probate;
• Jeffrey McCormick, partner, general litigation;
• James Martin, partner, closely held business;
• Nancy Frankel Pelletier, partner, civil litigation: defense;
• Patricia Rapinchuk, partner, employment litigation: defense;
• Carla Newton, partner, family law;
• Richard Gaberman, of counsel, estate planning and probate;
• Kevin Chrisanthopoulos, associate, general litigation;
• David Lawless, associate, state, local, and municipal (Rising Star);
• Jeffrey Trapani, associate, general litigation (Rising Star); and
• Michael Simolo, associate, estate planning and probate (Rising Star).
Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business, is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The annual selections are made using a patented, multi-phase process that includes a statewide survey of lawyers, an independent research evaluation of candidates, and peer reviews by practice area. The result is a credible, comprehensive, and diverse listing of exceptional attorneys.
The Springfield-based law firm Sullivan, Hayes & Quinn announced the following:
• Meghan Sullivan, managing partner, has been selected for inclusion in the 2014 New England Super Lawyers magazine. Super Lawyers, a Thomson Reuters business, is a rating service of outstanding lawyers who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Sullivan has extensive knowledge in the areas of employment law, discrimination law, labor relations, affirmative action, OSHA compliance, personnel policy, and training. She has represented employers in numerous judicial proceedings, administrative hearings, and arbitrations in both the public and private sectors; before the National Labor Relations Board; and before state anti-discrimination agencies, the U.S. Department of Labor, in state courts, and in federal District Court. She has also conducted numerous seminars, supervisory training sessions, and management-development programs, and is a sought-after speaker for numerous organizations and entities on topics ranging from discrimination to wage-and-hour laws.
• Attorney Layla Taylor, a partner with the firm, has been selected to the 2014 Massachusetts Rising Stars list. Taylor, a partner at Sullivan, Hayes & Quinn, LLC, joined the firm in 2004. She is experienced in assisting clients with human-resource management and policy development, as well as advising both private- and public-sector clients on legal compliance and best practices in the workplace. She routinely assists employers in workplace immigration matters and in negotiating employment contracts and separation agreements;
• Attorney and Alice Pizzi has been selected to the 2014 Massachusetts Rising Stars list. Pizzi, a graduate of Western New England College School of Law, joined Sullivan, Hayes & Quinn, LLC in 2009 and has focused on the defense of discrimination and wrongful-employment cases filed against employers, employment litigation, employment benefits, and public-sector labor relations. Pizzi is listed on the Mass. Commission Against Discrimination (MCAD) panel of sexual-harassment and prohibited-discrimination trainers who have successfully completed the MCAD’s certified program for workplace trainers.