Springfield College Board of Trustees Hosts Annual Meeting
SPRINGFIELD — The Springfield College board of trustees recently announced its 2016-17 board elections during its annual meeting on the campus.
Gregory Toczydlowski has been re-elected as board chair. He is the executive vice president and president of small commercial and business insurance technology and operations for the Travelers Companies Inc. He earned a bachelor’s degree in business management from Springfield College in 1989, and has been on the college’s board of trustees since 2011.
James Ross III has also been re-elected as vice chair of the board. Ross is principal officer of the Hollenbach Group, LLC, of Springfield, and has been a trustee at the college since 2012.
The following individuals have been re-elected to serve a three-year term on the Springfield College board of trustees:
• Denise Alleyne, former vice president for student services at Pine Manor College in Chestnut Hills. She earned a bachelor’s degree from Springfield College in 1973 and a graduate degree in 1974.
• Douglass Coupe, retired vice president of State Street Global Investor Services of Boston. He has been a trustee for more than 20 years, serving as chair from 2011 to 2015. He earned a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, and certificate of advanced studies at Springfield College, and an honorary doctor of humanics degree from the college in 2016.
• Charisse Duroure, spa director of G-Spa at Foxwoods Resort and G. Group Consulting of Mashantucket, Conn. She earned a bachelor’s degree from Springfield College in 1980.
• Harold Smith, retired president, CEO, and CIO of the YMCA Retirement Fund. He has served on the board since 1984, and has chaired the investment committee. He received an honorary doctor of humanics degree from the college in 1998.
New to the board of trustees will be:
• Kurt Aschermann, a marketing and resource development professional who operates a nonprofit consulting practice called Ka6consulting. Previously, he was the president and chief operating officer of Charity Partners LLC, and senior vice president of Resource Development and Marketing for Boys & Girls Clubs of America. He is a 1971 graduate of Springfield College.
• Suzanne Robotti, former owner and publisher of Baby Publishing LLC, and the founder and president of Medshadow Foundation, an independent nonprofit website that gathers useful information on medicine side effects. She is the co-founder of the Family Advisory Council at Springfield College. She earned a bachelor’s degree in communications from the University of Maryland.
• Cheryl Suzio, elected as a trustee ex officio per her role as president of the alumni council at the college. Suzio is a 1977 graduate of Springfield College.
• Troy Ward, elected as student trustee. He is a business management major entering his senior year this fall.
• Donavin Andrews, student trustee-elect. She is an athletic training major entering her junior year in the fall.