Springfield College Board of Trustees Hosts Annual Meeting
SPRINGFIELD — The Springfield College board of trustees recently announced its 2015-16 board elections during its annual meeting on the campus.
Gregory Toczydlowski has been elected board chair. He is the president for personal insurance for the Travelers Companies Inc. He earned a bachelor’s degree in business management from Springfield College in 1989, and has been on the college’s board of trustees since 2011.
Toczydlowski takes over for Douglass Coupe, who served as chair for four years. Coupe is the retired vice president of State Street Global Investor Services. He earned a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, and certificate of advanced studies at Springfield College, and has been a trustee more than 20 years.
James Ross III will serve as vice chair of the board of trustees. He is the former chief development officer for Grupo TorreSur in Southboro.
The following individuals have been re-elected to serve a three-year term on the Springfield College board of trustees:
• Bridget Belgiovine, the current Physical Education, Recreation, and Athletics Department chair at Wellesley College. She earned a master’s degree from Springfield College in 1987;
• William Burke III, chief operating officer for Newell Rubbermaid in East Longmeadow;
• Lisa Emirzian, co-owner of Emirzian, Mariano & Associates in East Longmeadow, and a dentist focusing on esthetic and restorative dentistry. She earned a bachelor’s degree from Springfield College in 1979;
• Jeni Ellis Halliday, owner of Wellness at Work;
• MaryLynn Jacobs, founder and partner of Attain Therapy + Fitness in East Longmeadow. She earned a bachelor’s degree from Springfield College in 1981;
• Stephen McCarthy, director of Real Estate and Facilities for Shields Health Care Group in Quincy. He received a bachelor’s degree from Springfield College in 1986;
• Michele Megas-Ditomassi, a community volunteer and retired teacher who earned a bachelor’s degree from Springfield College in 1979, and a certificate of advanced study from the college in 1989;
• Linda Moffat, a retired media consultant for Moffat Communications. She earned a bachelor’s degree from Springfield College in 1973;
• John Odierna, an attorney at law for the Law Offices of John A. Odierna in Springfield. He earned a bachelor’s degree from Springfield College in 1964; and
• Robert Sullivan Jr., president and owner of the Sullivan Companies in Springfield.
New to the board of trustees will be:
• Kevin Washington, elected to serve a three-year term. Washington is president and CEO of YMCA of the USA; and
• Jonathan Reidy, elected Springfield College student trustee. Reidy is an athletic training major and will be entering his senior year this fall.