EforAll Berkshire County Awards Prizes to Accelerator Companies
Entrepreneurship for All (EforAll) Berkshire County awarded nearly $10,000 in prizes to the Spring 2022 Business Accelerator Cohort at a recent awards ceremony held on Zoom.
The celebration and gala began with remarks from state Rep. Tricia Farley-Bouvier, who emphasized the robust public-private partnership that supports EforAll’s regional efforts and lauded the efforts of the 12 businesses that completed the program.
The class speaker, Rachel Hailey of DEI Outdoors was chosen by her colleagues and shared many of the lessons of the program for future EforAll participants.
The awards were granted as follows:
- Jenny Gitlitz of Berkshire Family Advocates received the Paula Buxbaum Award, established in honor of a member of the Fall 2021 cohort who died in a car crash in October 2021. The award is granted to an individual making a career pivot and incorporating a social mission into their business;
- $1,000 to Rachel Hailey for DEI Outdoors;
- $2,300 to Deirdre Horan (Great Barrington) of Dri Ocean Products;
- $2,500 to Jackye Stoddard (Hudson, NY) for Hierba Buena Foods; and
- $3,500 to Elizabeth Heller (Pittsfield) for The Kids Super Journal.
The virtual event was also simulcast on Pittsfield Community Television. The recording is available to view here: https://youtu.be/yTeFMsVcB-4
EforAll’s next accelerator class will begin in September; applications are due at www.eforall.org before August 25.